PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady may want to play past 40 now

Re: Re: Brady may want to play past 40 now

Brady may want to play past 40 now.

If Brady leads us to just one more Superbowl victory he can play until he's 80..

Thats how badly I want it and almost how much I respect #12.

If Brady leads us to just one more Superbowl victory he can play until he's 80..

He will, Tom doesn't loose 3 playoff games in a row and he doesn't loose 3 Super Bowls in a row either.......

I love Brady. I think he's the absolute GOAT. With that said, the Patriots should be looking at his replacement as quickly as next offseason (A.J. McCarron would be a good fit, IMO). Great quarterbacks in the history of the league that have continued to play at a high level into their 40's are few and far between. Maybe Brady will be able to do it. If he doesn't show that he's losing his fast ball as he gets closer to 40, I would love for the team to re-sign him while his replacement waits. But if he shows wear and tear as we get closer to that time, I would hope that the coaching staff sits him down and has an honest heart to heart with him about continuing to play.
Rule changes. Now the QB takes a little more punishment that punter/kickers.

Do not compare him to, say, Y.A. Tittle. Compare him to Ray Guy.

What if I told you we had the next Steve Young in place?

I mean I wouldn't really tell you that but there is a cult running around with big pitcher of that kool aide just waiting for you to guzzle it down.

I may be in the minority but I'm not sure I want Brady to play past 40. At some point you need to realize that it's the next generation's turn.

That said, I hope the Patriots give him the opportunity to win another Superbowl... or three.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back