PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady-King interview on SI.com [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at work when I first saw this thread, and I was unable to read the entire article. I just read the entire article. Now I didn't have the over the top reaction that some of you GUYS have had...LOL. But my God, I'm EXCITED. The man sounds like he's even more MOTIVATED than he was before...WOW. :eek:
TRAINING CAMP CAN'T COME FAST ENOUGH.

This interview has me excited in the trousers.

Last edited:
After watching all of this coverage about Brady's "RETURN", I think that one thing is clear. THE NFL ITSELF MISSED TFB. :D

I found this link at ESPN :eek: YES I WENT TO ESPN:eek:
Wendy Nix reported that one of the players said that there is a "renewed focus as a team" with Brady back on the field.
Tom Brady practices with New England Patriots - ESPN

Those words alone gave me chills. :D

Anyone still question whether he has lost the passion for the sport. All this talk about Brady not caring about football really needs to end. The guy is an ultimate competitor and his passion for the game should never be questioned. Just because his wife is a model and he makes his offseason home in LA doesn't mean he has any less passion than anyone else in the Patriots' lockerroom.

Also, I think Tom Curran must be still smarting over his article. This is around the time Curran stated that Brady would start to rehab and it looks like the rehab is just about over and he is ready to go. Always felt people made far too much of this story making all the "procedures" he had to clear up the infection into actual surgeries when everyone in Brady's camp who spoke about it said most were just minor flushings of the wound. I can honestly say I have never been happier to see Curran look like an idiot. I like the guy, but it good to see him blow this one as bad as he did considering the alternative.

Is it wrong that I have a hard on?

Man, this just made my whole year.

With last season's opener, Tom looked like he needed to get back to the super bowl and win it, nothing else would suffice. Then his season ends about 9 minutes later. So he has to sit out an entire season and then an off season... he must be ready to explode. Between his comments and the recent Moss and Welker comments- it's going to be a very good year! :singing:

Well, THAT was nice to read.

I am very, very excited for this season to begin.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of deal they strike. Brady took less then he could've had last time around and his financial situation has only improved since then. It wouldn't surprise me if he takes about a 10% "hometown discount". I'd say Moss did that as well, in fact.

He took a discount once and it's hard to imagine that he wouldn't want to end his career as a Patriot. However, there's just no way of knowing whether he'd take a discount again and/or what he will do. We can speculate. We can hope. But we can't know.

All the more reason for the Patriots to make a long term commitment to him and lock him down as soon as is reasonably possible.

I've taken the view out here many times that Tom Brady owes nothing to the Patriots. He's played for less money than he could have made; he's busted his butt year in and year out; he's led his team to five AFCCG's and four SB's, winning three; he played an entire season with a diminished receiver corps pre Moss/Welker and post Branch/Givens; he's come back from a career-threatening injury and he's been a class act all the way.

It might be squarely on the Pats to put up the big bucks and a long term deal for possibly the greatest QB ever to play the game if he's going to end his career in New England.

Thanks for the link.

Music to my ears. What a competitor!

The "10 years" will no doubt be ringing in Bob Kraft's ears and reverberating in his wallet. TB's going to be looking for a long term deal well before his contract is up next year and probably just as soon as he's shown that "he's really back." The sooner they get it done, the better.

The great thing is Tom makes more in endorsements than he does in salary. If he got $30m per year in Detroit he would end up making less overall because his endorsements would lag. He is part of a greater whole and that makes him happier to win and happier to make more endorsement money.

Ten more years, ten more years, ten more years!!!!!

Not to put a damper on things but anyone else besides me worried about an SI cover jinx?

Nah, only red hoodies.

Last edited:
Honestly, even putting homerism aside, this is one of King's finest articles in some time. He got Brady to answer every nagging question on Pats fans' (and even non-Pats fans' minds) while still managing to capture Brady's mindset about both the upcoming season and his career perfectly. The best quote from that interview is already in my sig. GETTING PUMPED FOR 2009!!! 4 IN 44!

Not to put a damper on things but anyone else besides me worried about an SI cover jinx?

No, because he didn't pose for the cover, which is an integral part of the jinx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes