PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady injured knee

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 2m

Jonathan Kraft on Brady: "I’m under the impression that it’s probably not that serious, but that’s not a definitive answer"

Glad the reports are encouraging. I just read that title and damn near **** my pants

Wow... can't get a goddamn definite answer anywhere. ****!

Bill Belichick tweeted about Tom Brady's injury about an hour ago...

206mnat.jpg

lol .

i just watched the video...he was in some pretty good pain right there

No more brady in pre season games please

You won't for a while. Initial evaluation of his knee (appears) to be positive, but you can never be sure until you get a MRI.

Also tweeted by Roche that a "source" tells him that Brady is fine and they'll be checking on him again tonight.

I've broken a thumb, left ankle, and right ankle multiple times. A couple weeks ago I experienced shin to shin contact in a casual summer league and it was far worse than any of those.

Sometimes you just get hit wrong and it hurts like hell.

He'll be sore for a couple days but he'll be fine I'm guessing.

At least if he's out for the season we'll probably get a nice draft pick.

Is this (and all the other posts like it) a joke?

Lighten up people, Brady will be fine.

But they may hold him out of Fridays game which will make for a fun weekend around here.....

@RapSheet: What I'm hearing from a source on #Patriots QB Tom Brady's knee: "It's not serious."

Another encouraging post. It really sounds like everything's fine. People need to chill out.

But they may hold him out of Fridays game which will make for a fun weekend around here.....

I'd be mighty happy for Brady to be just fine but not play, and for Mallett to get some real reps with the top offense.

RJ Bell ‏@RJinVegas 2h

Brady limps off practice field. @LVSuperbook has taken all #Patriots bets off the board.

You won't for a while. Initial evaluation of his knee (appears) to be positive, but you can never be sure until you get a MRI.

Also tweeted by Roche that a "source" tells him that Brady is fine and they'll be checking on him again tonight.

But see? That's what I mean, though. We're getting reports where 'it appears' or 'hopefully' or 'under the impression' that everything is okay. This is crazy.

But Brady has to keep practicing with the rookie WRs and Amendola. That's what these preseason games are for. We'll be in trouble if they don't get in sync with Tom before regular season.

Here's a YouTube video that isn't overloaded: Tom Brady's Knee Injury During Practice Drill Against Buccaneers - YouTube

I put together a Zoomed (400%) GIF to get a closer look at the point of contact. From the video, it looks like Brady's left leg was still fairly straight when he was hit from the left side. What we can't tell from the video's perspective, is how directly Nate Solder backed into Brady's left leg.

BradyKneeClosupFullGif.gif~original

Another encouraging post. It really sounds like everything's fine. People need to chill out.

Wonder what that means as far as missing time, practice, etc.

Just saw this.

@RochieWBZ: Appears Brady has a knee sprain - expected to be ok - will be looked at again later tonight.

Eh, I'm not one to normally freak out, and I'm certainly not now. But it was kind of hard NOT to worry after watching that video. From that angle, it looked like a similar style of contact as the Pollard hit. Could have also been due to the sound effects of the fans around the video saying, "oh no", too.

But Brady has to keep practicing with the rookie WRs and Amendola. That's what these preseason games are for. We'll be in trouble if they don't get in sync with Tom before regular season.

HEALTH comes first with #12 if we want a run in the playoffs.

Roach says just a knee sprain....so no more pre season for him i bet if that's the case...keep him healthy for the love of god

What the hell kind of crap was Clayborn trying to pull? It seems obvious from the video that Solder was not expecting a full-on bullrush, primarily because THE TEAMS HAD AGREED THEY WOULD NOT GO NEAR THE QUARTERBACKS.

Do you think Solder suddenly turned into a wimp? That he suddenly forgot how to deal with a bull rush?

NO! He wasn't expecting it, because that's not what the players were supposed to do.

If I'm Belichick I am freaking LIVID right now. :violent:

But see? That's what I mean, though. We're getting reports where 'it appears' or 'hopefully' or 'under the impression' that everything is okay. This is crazy.

In 2008 there were no reports. Every source was dead silent. The only things we heard was speculation and talk about how he walked off the field.

Things are fine. Good news is better than no news/bad news.

Also on another note watching the video, Brady grabs his knee and rolls on to his back. I've never torn an ACL so I don't know what the pain is like, but in my experience any kind of broken bone/stingers you can't really move at all immediately, let alone roll around on the ground.

EDIT:
Curran just said on tv, pretty definitively that he's positive Brady will be fine and it's not severe.

I'd be mighty happy for Brady to be just fine but not play, and for Mallett to get some real reps with the top offense.

So would I, but I'm sure people will be speculating about when the doube amputation surgery will be if he doesn't play.... :rolleyes:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back