PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Helping Celtics Recruit Kevin Durant

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are ruthless giving him crap because it's Reggie Lewis number. But I would say they are the dumb ones as I'm sure he knows that because it probably says Lewis on the back as I doubt he ran out and had a 35 KD Jersey custom made. The internet mobs are almost always rejects.
Reportedly, Reggie Lewis' mother is on record that she'd be fine with Kevin Durant wearing #35

If you want to get pumped up regarding the Celtics chances ... READ THIS!!!
Would be real nice if it were down to OKC vs Celtics ... cannot ask for more than that effort by Boston.

Kevin Durant's free-agency decision primer: When, how and who?

It's pretty much down to Boston and GS.

He can choose one of 2 outcomes.
1) He can become Scottie Pippen or worse in GS to Curry and Thompson.
2) He can become Bird or Jordan if he comes to Boston.

The choice is his. My money, cheap easy path to the rings means he will go to GS. And he will be vilified as it will ruin the NBA for at least 3 years. Will be no point in watching.

Durant would be the #1 should GS secure him. Curry's never had a problem deferring to another player. And lol to including Thompson. Durant's a good level above Thompson. People love to vilify players that leave to win and forget that teams like the Celtics and Lakers had 3+ Hall of Famers on a their title squads. Not every great player has it that easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty much down to Boston and GS.

He can choose one of 2 outcomes.
1) He can become Scottie Pippen or worse in GS to Curry and Thompson.
2) He can become Bird or Jordan if he comes to Boston.

The choice is his. My money, cheap easy path to the rings means he will go to GS. And he will be vilified as it will ruin the NBA for at least 3 years. Will be no point in watching.

Ill be shocked if he chooses GS..

To me its either between OKC or Boston, and I think its closer than most people think..

Put it this way..He might sign a 1 year deal to stay with OKC, have one last run with Westbrook, but everyone knows Westbrook contract expires next season and hes got an eye to move back home to LA. KD not signing long term with OKC, so even if the Celtics lose out on the sweepstakes this year, they might be in the front next..

What hes questioning is if its worth staying just one year in OKC, or just move on altogether.

The Celtics have the money to pay him whatever he wants. The team they have now are good and competitive KD and Hortford make them contenders right now. They also have a boat load of picks, so his pen to paper make the Celtics a prime contender for now and into the future. Not to mention, all of the city's/ regions A list stars are making pitches trying to lure him over...You have to imagine, Boston is very appealing to him.

Per Rotoworld-
Kevin Durant is reportedly "strongly considering" signing with the Warriors.

Durant will have one final meeting with OKC Sunday evening, after which, he is expected to make his announcement. It sounds like the decision will come down to the Warriors or the Thunder, which has been the narrative all along. If KD does sign with Golden State, Russell Westbrook and Victor Oladipo will see a boost in value, while Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson's value could see a minor dip as they concede some touches to Durant. Harrison Barnes will be Dallas bound if KD opts to leave OKC. For what it's worth, Durant reportedly had a phone conversation with Jerry West on Saturday.

Actually this is getting to be pretty exciting, especially given that about a week ago most gave us about a 10% chance of landing him. Now it could be up to 50%. Given the respect that Durant has for Hortford and the importance he puts on having a great HC, Boston makes a lot of sense for him. Besides Boston has some great young players and the picks and the cap room to add more significant talent next year.

Danny came a couple of injuries away from winning 2 titles with the old big 3, but Ainge is very close to doing it again, but this time with his top guy being in his prime and not at the end of his career like Garnett was.

I'm reminded of the story about after Dave Roberts left Boston to play for the Giants, he came back in town when SF played the Sox. After he got a standing ovation on his first at bat, when he got back to the dugout, Barry Bonds asked him in amazement, "Is it always like this here"? To which Roberts replied, "Yes it is!"

And for those you you who are only football fans, Dave Roberts was just an average utility player, who's only real claim to fame in Boston was that he stole a base. What made him a hero was that stolen base led to the win that triggered the Red Sox HISTORIC comeback against the hated Yankees, and the Sox breaking an 86 year nightmare.

But it pretty much sums up Boston sports. Whether it's at Gillette, or at a Celtics or Bruins game at the Garden, or at Fenway, whomever goes out and plays, will play before an electric atmosphere, where the fans are usually knowledgeable and very much into the game.

One of our mods is at summer league sitting next to execs droping some big time leaks if you guys want in on the madness

Durant - Page 9 - RealGM

KD is allegedly off to OKC to say goodbye.

KD is allegedly off to OKC to say goodbye.
Let's hope ...

Brad Stevens vs Billy Donovan is no contest and hopefully that's a deciding factor for Durant.

Last edited:
He can't chose GSW....not after saying this

This is easily the biggest free agent decision since LeBron in 2010.

Chris Boussard said on ESPN its 50/50 between OKC and GS...

He feels the Celtics made a nice run, but not enough.

Is he a credible reporter?

Chris Boussard said on ESPN its 50/50 between OKC and GS...

He feels the Celtics made a nice run, but not enough.

Is he a credible reporter?
He's not Schefter credible, but he is ESPN basketball sources guy.

i didn't think the celtics had enough pieces in place to lure KD.

I think the Celtics left room for who would you like us to add if you come over.
They'd have $23 million by letting Johnson - Jerebko - Zeller go ... Sullinger goes if he comes here 5.5 million.

He'd be wrong. And have that tweet shoved in his his face near every day. GS was put down like a rapid dog once the "splash bothers" couldn't make shots. They aren't as good as people think.

Durant, if he goes there is a fool. But who cares. The Cs will be a monster in a year or 2 with or without him. This would accelerate that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back