PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Helping Celtics Recruit Kevin Durant

Status
Not open for further replies.
KD will make a decision in 24-36 hours. I think he is coming to Boston!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Easy move for them ... they have to chop like 5.4 million from the cap hold number ...
Sullinger 5.67 million ... see you later.
Assuming they keep Amir Johnson which they may not.

Boston Celtics 2016 Salary Cap

If he does leave OKC which team do you think is more attractive to Durant?

1. A great young team, competing w/the Cavs in the East. He'd be THE guy and we have a promising future.

2. He joins GSW and they became an unstoppable machine. However he won't be the main man over there like he could be w/the Celts.

I always bet on the status quo and while that means I'm not perfect, I'm right more often than not, so right now I would bet on OKC.

Having said that, I think if he leaves OKC, then Boston is the most attractive choice of the 5 alternatives. Actually, there are only 4 alternatives since LAC is considered out of the running.

FWIW ... Dan is a local guy ... not sure he has any cred.

Dan Lifshatz ‏@DanLifshatz
Durant LOVED the Celtics presentation and is now firmly
entrenched in choosing between the Celtics and Warriors. No specific lean

FWIW ... Dan is a local guy ... not sure he has any cred.

Dan Lifshatz ‏@DanLifshatz
Durant LOVED the Celtics presentation and is now firmly
entrenched in choosing between the Celtics and Warriors. No specific lean
These media people just make crap up to get attention and web hits. Just this morning there was a report that he was "blown away" by the LAC presentation. Now that team is out of the running.

If Brady succeeds in luring Durant here he needs to get a ring for every title the Celtics win.

Didn't think Boston could love him any more, but he just may end up being a force in building two different sports dynasties here.

Seriously. The guy is a #1, genuine, awesome human being. Has more "integrity:oops:" then the whole F'n league, combined. And people just want to chop him down, just because he's better than them. Damn, what a Fukt up world we live in. It's really a struggle to find good in the world these days. I will really enjoy any beat down the Pats put on the paranoid, insecure, inferior,, little *****es when the time comes. ... Ok , sorry for the rant.... again. As you were.

TB is basically an Adonis. He is the coolest cat since Namath, and leaps past him by light years because of his attitude and graciousness. He epitomizes everything that is wrong in a lot of people's eyes. He doesn't cut anyone slack in the field, and is in fact ruthless. That's not liked anymore. Oh and he wins. He is married to a supermodel, the greatest ever, and no one REALLY knows. By that I mean it's not out there everyday, all the time, like it could be.

Then he gives Durant a tour of Boston on the down low, and flies with him to NY on a weekend he could have been spending 24/7 with aforementioned super model and their children. Make no mistake, he is entrenched in Boston for years and years to come and the area is more than lucky to have him and his family.

It was a boss move to bring him. Major boss move. Did you see those pics with Crowder and Olynyk? What a power play that was. The ultimate team first, winning is everything athlete coming to another sports teams recruitment? Stunning.

I felt a little something down low when I saw TB was there. Maybe a bit more then a little something. :D

Oh, and Suck It Goodell!

Last edited:
If Brady succeeds in luring Durant here he needs to get a ring for every title the Celtics win.

Didn't think Boston could love him any more, but he just may end up being a force in building two different sports dynasties here.

If this happens Azzoledell will make the Pats forfeit their next 10 first round picks

These media people just make crap up to get attention and web hits. Just this morning there was a report that he was "blown away" by the LAC presentation. Now that team is out of the running.
Yep. This is exactly right. There is no accountability. You can literally just make up a story and cite an "anonymous source". There are no repercussions for making up stories because you can just say the player "changed his mind".

Should have added Ortiz to that entourage, after that 21-2 loss last night could have sent the whole Red Sox team... no one would have noticed.

Sometimes stories shift in real time and other times I agree stuff is leaned on to make a story out of ****. The Clippers have no money. They just re-signed the coaches son for $12 million per year. Can't get anywhere near the max. Bye bye Clips.

If this happens Azzoledell will make the Pats forfeit their next 10 first round picks
He'll confiscate the Nets picks too. Article 46 doesn't specify the NFL specifically.

The thing that cracks me up is the Celtics control the 1st round draft pick of arguably the worst team in the NBA for each of the next 2 years. :D:D

Shades of Red... Auerbach that is.
upload_2016-7-3_7-46-53.jpeg

Man, as if this dude doesn't do enough for us. There needs to be a second statue brought by the Celtics of Brady in this stroll at the Garden if they pull it off.
Already designed, not sure if it's big enough to encompass His greatness..
tom_brady_statue_by_deezer509-d8gfali.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! What a place for a sports fan to call home. Too bad the taxes are so damn high. :(

After viewing the City of Champions banner that @IcyPatriot posted here on page 1, I couldn't help but notice a few things.

If the Celts are the next team to win a championship then they'll have as many titles (18) as the other three teams combined.

Going back to the start of the last century, the longest Boston went without a championship from one of the major sports teams was 15 years, from 1942-1956 until the C's won in 57.

The next longest was 14 years. From 1987-2000, the Pats ended that in 2001.

Since 2000 the longest we've gone without a title has been 2 years and it only happened twice.

City of champions indeed.

Last edited:
It amuse me that Cities and Regions ignore themselves and focus on Franchises.

01 ~ We ~ the Team founded as The Boston Red Stockings ~ were BaseBall Champions 12 Times before 1903. The fact that the Franchise is currently in Atlanta doesn't change the fact that our GrandParents's GrandParents traveled from all over New EngLand to root for our Team.

I feel the same way about the Baltimore Colts.

Wow! What a place for a sports fan to call home. Too bad the taxes are so damn high. :(

After viewing the City of Champions banner that @IcyPatriot posted here on page 1, I couldn't help but notice a few things.

If the Celts are the next team to win a championship then they'll have as many titles (18) as the other three teams combined.

Going back to the start of the last century, the longest Boston went without a championship from one of the major sports teams was 15 years, from 1942-1956 until the C's won in 57.

The next longest was 14 years and it happened twice, ten years apart. From 1977-80, the C's ended that in 81, and from 1987-2000, the Pats ended that in 2001.

Since 2000 the longest we've gone without a title has been 2 years and it only happened twice.

City of champions indeed.

1977 to 1980 isn't 14 years.

Yes I have been spoiled by seeing 2 of the greatest Sports Dynasties in my time the Russell Celts and the Brady Patriots.

1977 to 1980 isn't 14 years.

Yes I have been spoiled by seeing 2 of the greatest Sports Dynasties in my time the Russell Celts and the Brady Patriots.

Thanks for the correction. You'd never know that math used to be one of my strengths.

It's too bad that the Bruins didn't win a few more during the Orr era. They could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST