PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Dodges Injury (headline is a pun, not serious)

Status
Not open for further replies.
glad to see his Mom able to take some punishment

tenor.gif

Of course he was firing lasers.

Last edited:
Playing Guys vs Girls dodgeball with the Brady clan is fiercely competitive...

Who the heck is the young lady in the black and white stripes? She has a cannon for an arm. Great technique.

To me there's nothing worse than seeing a great film coming up on the boob tube only to find out that it's a remake starring Adam Sandler. That guy blows.

Who's that in the blue stripes? She's vicious.
brady's niece, maya. her mother maureen was an all-american pitcher at fresno state, and she's a maxpreps junior all-american this year.

Tom Brady's niece Maya making her own name on the softball field
Two years ago, Lorenz gave hitting lessons to a young player named Maya Brady when they both lived in Moorpark and played for the Orange County Batbusters.

With each swing, Lorenz could see the makings of the county’s next softball star.

“She is just a natural-born hitter and a great athlete,” said Lorenz, a freshman at the University of Florida. “She has such a fire about her, and I love how she’s just a genuine teammate. She is nowhere near her full potential yet and that’s what is so great about her.”

Brady has burst onto the local high school scene this season as a freshman at Oaks Christian School.

The left-handed leadoff hitter and slick-fielding shortstop helped the Lions (27-1-1) capture the Marmonte League title and nearly go undefeated through the regular season.

Brady has the bloodlines for athletic success.

Her uncle is New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, and her mother Maureen was an All-American pitcher at Fresno State University.

hard work runs in the family:
Maureen understands her daughter’s zeal.

She pitched at Fresno State from 1991-1995 when the program was a powerhouse under Hall of Fame coach Margie Wright.

Maureen set multiple program records, led the nation in victories in 1994 and helped the Bulldogs reach the Women’s College World Series twice.

Maya used to practice with her mother until one ball went astray.

“She pitched to me when I was younger. But when we were hitting in backyard a couple of years ago, I told her I was going to drive the ball or soft slap a ground ball and it ended up hitting her in the stomach,” Maya said. “That was the last time she pitched to me.”

But Maureen still faithfully attends every game — often updating patient charts on her computer in the stands between innings — and drives Maya to every practice.

On Monday nights after Oaks Christian’s practice, the family drives to Orange County for fielding and hitting drills and doesn’t return home until midnight.

“It just the three of us girls. It’s crazy right?” Maureen said. “But Maya works so hard and just loves it so much. If you have a kid who really loves something and it’s healthy, I think that as parents you do whatever you need to do to help them. It’s such a positive thing.”

2018 MaxPreps national high school underclass softball All-Americans - MaxPreps
IF — Maya Brady, Oaks Christian (Westlake Village, Calif.)
Brady batted .519, scored 52 and drove in 31 runs for 28-4 Oaks Christian. She homered and doubled 10 times each, stole 28 bases and fielding .971. She has committed to UCLA.

I aggravated a shoulder injury playing dodgeball - so triggered by this. BARDYS CAREER IN JEOPARDY HERE PEOPLE!

I'm pathetic :(

Youkilis too.
It'd be quite the thing to marry into that family being even a half-decent athlete. Every family event there'd be near certainty of getting your doors blown off in one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST