PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady can thank Peyton

Status
Not open for further replies.
He threw it wide so that either Wayne catches it or it's knocked away. Really don't see why you're making a huge deal out of that pass or labeling it a virtual 2nd pick.

I re-watched that pass today. Even if the defender wasn't there, that ball was going to go into the ground at Wayne's feet. It was just a bad throw.

:confused: He didn't throw it on target so that it WOULD'T be picked.
Interesting. Usually when a QB throws balls so far off target that the receiver can't catch it they say the QB missed. Of course, with Peyton, if it reaches the QB it was a perfect throw that no other QB in the history of the Universe could have thrown, but when it misses the reciever, Peyton missed on purpose so that it wouldn't be intercepted.

Are you Jay Marrotti, by any chance? I enjoy Around the Horn sometimes.

Since I sleep with the enemy (wife is a colts fan) I take in alot of colts games.

I was expecting to see the colts board implode bigger over this than sitting the starters and killing the perfect season. Got some laughs out of their board though.

Lets release Peyton Manning - Unofficial Indianapolis Colts Fan Forums

Had to laugh at the idea myself. If they got rid of Manning then who would coach the team and make the offensive calls?

Interesting. Usually when a QB throws balls so far off target that the receiver can't catch it they say the QB missed. Of course, with Peyton, if it reaches the QB it was a perfect throw that no other QB in the history of the Universe could have thrown, but when it misses the reciever, Peyton missed on purpose so that it wouldn't be intercepted.

Are you Jay Marrotti, by any chance? I enjoy Around the Horn sometimes.

:confused: I never claimed it was a superb throw or any of this universal stuff. I simply said it wasn't a horrible pass that should have been picked like a poster suggested. Jeez you guys get awful touchy when somebody isn't throwing Manning into a pithole.

:confused: I never claimed it was a superb throw or any of this universal stuff. I simply said it wasn't a horrible pass that should have been picked like a poster suggested. Jeez you guys get awful touchy when somebody isn't throwing Manning into a pithole.

Had the pass been catchable by the receiver, it would have been an interception. I'm not sure how you're missing this. Manning threw a pass that he shouldn't have, and he was bailed out because it was a bad pass. Had his pass been accurate, it would have been picked off.

It's not about getting touchy. It's about you making a bad claim about the pass.

Had the pass been catchable by the receiver, it would have been an interception. I'm not sure how you're missing this. Manning threw a pass that he shouldn't have, and he was bailed out because it was a bad pass. Had his pass been accurate, it would have been picked off.

It's not about getting touchy. It's about you making a bad claim about the pass.

Who cares about 'had it been accurate'. Nobody was open on the play and Manning essentially threw the ball away. If anything hope for your star reciever to make a play on the ball. I'm not sure why you even bother bringing the play up in the first place. Brett Favre threw a ball straight into Jabari Greer's hands last round that should have been the 2nd of 3 picks but flat out dropped, I don't remember you going back and saying "oh this should've been this" but this play that Deion Sanders in his prime probably couldn't have picked off deserves mention. All I recall is you saying how great Favre was that day despite 2 horrible picks and since we're talking about should've's could be 3 or 4 altogether. Manning goes into the last 4 minutes of this game with a 120+ rating and zero turnovers and somehow it wasn't a good performance up to that point.

Who cares about 'had it been accurate'. Nobody was open on the play and Manning essentially threw the ball away. If anything hope for your star reciever to make a play on the ball. I'm not sure why you even bother bringing the play up in the first place. Brett Favre threw a ball straight into Jabari Greer's hands last round that should have been the 2nd of 3 picks but flat out dropped, I don't remember you going back and saying "oh this should've been this" but this play that Deion Sanders in his prime probably couldn't have picked off deserves mention. All I recall is you saying how great Favre was that day despite 2 horrible picks and since we're talking about should've's could be 3 or 4 altogether. Manning goes into the last 4 minutes of this game with a 120+ rating and zero turnovers and somehow it wasn't a good performance up to that point.

You don't "throw the ball away" like that. I'm sorry, that's not a throw that's made by a QB trying to throw it away.

You should probably try watching the replay.

This is about as pointless of an argument as I have seen on here. It was a terrible throw. Manning is human. He is certainly capable of making a bad throw. If it were actually a good throw, it would have been a pick six.

That's why he didn't make a "good" throw, so it wouldn't get picked.

That's why he didn't make a "good" throw, so it wouldn't get picked.

A throw "that only your receiver can get to" is generally a good throw. A throw that not even your receiver would have a chance at and one that was so inaccurate that not even the defender had a chance at it (even after already closing on the route) is a terrible throw. And this is a terrible debate. This is not debateable at all. The throw was bad.

A throw "that only your receiver can get to" is generally a good throw. A throw that not even your receiver would have a chance at and one that was so inaccurate that not even the defender had a chance at it (even after already closing on the route) is a terrible throw. And this is a terrible debate. This is not debateable at all. The throw was bad.

It's a terrible attempt only if you don't know the history of the Colts and phantom PI's. When Manning threw the ball, he knew it wouldn't get picked. You can say it's a bad throw all you want but it didn't cost the Colts and it wasn't going to cost the Colts. I really don't see any big deal about the play or why it's so notable

It's a terrible attempt only if you don't know the history of the Colts and phantom PI's. When Manning threw the ball, he knew it wouldn't get picked. You can say it's a bad throw all you want but it didn't cost the Colts and it wasn't going to cost the Colts. I really don't see any big deal about the play or why it's so notable

It's notable because, had the throw been on target, it would have been a pick six. But it is what it is. There are plenty of people out there that have noted that it was a terrible throw. If you think it was a good throw, then all the power to ya. :)

I never said it was a good throw dude. I'm just saying you're grasping for straws by trying to use an incomplete pass as some sort of marker just because you think it might've been picked had he thrown it different. And yes this is a terrible debate taking place, but like you 2 I have nothing better to do at the time:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft