PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady calls out Gillette Stadium fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how MUCH an NFL ticket costs, why would anyone ever leave early? I'd want to milk that experience as long as possible to get my money's worth.

I live in Toronto so can't speak for the Gilette crowd. I hate the Leafs and the Jays and the Raptors but they're the local teams, so if I go see a game, I feel like I should sit there from the start until the end, no matter how ugly it is. And if you've seen those 3 teams, you know it gets ugly.

But who drops $100 on a ticket and then leaves before the 4th quarter?

Is it any different for limos? Is there any limo parkinmg?

Is it any different for limos? Is there any limo parkinmg?

Yes there is limo parking. But there isn't some magic secret highway out of the stadium, they are stuck in traffic along with everyone else.

Yes there is limo parking. But there isn't some magic secret highway out of the stadium, they are stuck in traffic along with everyone else.

That's alright. Our company secured 4 tickets for the Dec. Jets game. I'm thinking of us all pitching in for a limo for obvious reasons.

how about the KC crowd...*sigh*...that was awesome.

I watched that entire game in KC. That crowd was awesome. Think the problem here in NE is a combo - stadium does not retain noise and too many pinkhats in the crowd.

The leaving early and crowd noise to me, are two different issues. I have had tickets for a while and even in the lean years if the game was in doubt, the crowd that showed up were always there.

I think if you ask Kraft he would say the gameday experiance is exactly what he wants. Family freindly (for the most part).

The only issue I had Sunday was on wealkers 1st reception of the game. The crowd did acknowledge it with a nice cheer but I was looking for one of those special moments that fans of this region usually get. i.e the belichick recption vs SD in 07 when he was announced was eletric.

In my section (236) and below, Welker got a standing O. I don't know what everyone else did. Most of the fans in my section (almost all long time season ticket holders) are up and cheering on critical plays, including 3rd downs. Folks do head out early though when the game is in hand because of the traffic. I thought the crowd was great this Sunday; others I guess had a different view. I have a sore throat from yelling after virtually every game and I know a lot of other fans do too. I think the build of the stadium (both with the open ends and the club seats in the middle) contribute a lot more than people realize to the perceived lack of noise, and it stinks frankly, year after year, to have our "fanhood" questioned by those who aren't there.

Brady on road test, Gillette crowd - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Making him the 845th New England Patriot to complain about the Gillette fans. Cue the season-ticket holders whining about ticket prices, parking prices, parking & traffic woes, etc. (which could be legit complaints, but have little to do with what Brady is talking about...) in 3...2...1....

Great to see him so engaged again....gotta love TFB!! Would have to ask someone who was there....but watching on tv...fans did seem to get quiet and complacent a lot...and were leaving early....pats need you involved the whole game...GO PATS!

I never thought it would be Brady to start the perennial crowd noise thread. I started it two and a half years ago:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/73783-where-crowd-noise-guys.html

Good discussion there, repeating all the same points people here make.

Pink shirt...wine and cheese....stadium construction....not like old stadium...need bleachers....

Kraft screwed up. He sacrificed an advantage for profit. He's not perfect. Screw it, he will not change it.

I take issue with those comments Tom, the fans at the Razor are PLENTY loud...

... when they show Red Sox playoff highlights on the jumbotron.

While I agree with Brady about Gillette, I think the Jets stadium was fairly empty in the fourth quarter of Monday's game. I saw plenty of empty seats and the place was as quiet as church in a close game.

Brady wasn't at the Jets -Ravens game. Brady's most recent memory of the Jets fans was week 2 last year.

How many delay of game penalties and burned timeouts did crowd noise cost the NEP in that game alone? Now compare that to the total number of delay of game penalities and TO burned by opposing teams in Foxoboro in the entire time Brady has been QB for the team.

I never thought it would be Brady to start the perennial crowd noise thread. I started it two and a half years ago:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/73783-where-crowd-noise-guys.html

Good discussion there, repeating all the same points people here make.

Pink shirt...wine and cheese....stadium construction....not like old stadium...need bleachers....

Kraft screwed up. He sacrificed an advantage for profit. He's not perfect. Screw it, he will not change it.

I don't get it. what did he sacrifice and what was the profit?

Getting rid of that stupid light house would increase the noise and profits. I wish they'd do that.

Too bad we can't have a crowd like KC does. They're awesome.

The best solution is to stay until the game is actually over and then tailgate some more. By the time we are done eating and drinking and hanging out with friends, the traffic is mostly gone (except for a little on 495).

:eat1: :eat3:

Exactly.

Getting rid of that stupid light house would increase the noise and profits. I wish they'd do that.

You are right about the light house. I mean that he had to make it a soccer field so the crowd is further back from the game. Second, he has way too many expensive (wine/cheese) seats so the rowdy fans are even further back from the field. From what I hear anyway, as I've never actually been. :(

Just now on EEI, they said the league keeps tabs on stadium decibel levels and Gillette is ranked 29th of 32. The 4th quietest. How you like them numbers? Jeepers creepers. (I like sayin' that 'spression 'cause it's all corny soundin')

No surprise there. My in-laws & other friends who go to at least a couple of games/year and who have attended other NFL stadia all say the same thing: the "fans" here are worse than anywhere else they've been.

Women in cold weather just complain the entire time. Its a joke. I went to the playoff game last year and people were quiet when they were down 14-0. Its a joke. Drink some beers and get rowdy.

Bottom Line: Gillette has become too much of a FAMILY place and needs to change.

Amen.

When I attended Pats games in the 70s & 80s, man that place was rockin'.

You are right about the light house. I mean that he had to make it a soccer field so the crowd is further back from the game. Second, he has way too many expensive (wine/cheese) seats so the rowdy fans are even further back from the field. From what I hear anyway, as I've never actually been. :(

Not true at all. The soccer field fit fine in Foxboro. Field dimensions required for fifa is 65 to 80 yds wide. 110 to 120 yards in length.

NFL fields are 53 1/2 yds wide 120 yds in length. Now length is no problem. Now with the width the NFL requires 6 yds on each side for benches. So know you are at 65 1/2 yds. Now you also need a 6 foot space on each side that is a barrier for non player personal to stand. Now you get 71 yds wide. So no the reason why the crowd is further back in not because of soccer.

I watched that entire game in KC. That crowd was awesome. Think the problem here in NE is a combo - stadium does not retain noise and too many pinkhats in the crowd.

Several losing seasons in the past decade is also quite the wake up call when your team is finally winning. Pats fans are spoiled plan and simple.

You answered your own question.

Kraft sacrificed the people who would be willing to make noise like the crowd in KC, in favor of the profit that comes from the deeper pockets of those who would rather make nice with their business/political contacts, with their social media, and with their pink hats.

I Used To Go To Sullivan Stadium & Foxboro From 1976 As A Grogan's Hero. I Sat On Those Hard Benches When FANS Showed Up Rockin'da House! I Haven't Been To Gillette Stadium Yet But I Plan On Goin When Ravens Come In. All I Know Is I Was At Last Yrs Game At Jets When Pats Came There And They Were RABID ( Like Rats!) Fans, Shook Stadium. I See It Happening Again This Week. Could It Be Pats Fans Are Spoiled And Like A Movie Theater Crowd? Your Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents