PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady calls out Gillette Stadium fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep and when Tickets are $1000 per, I'm sure you'll be touting the same attitude.

Just cause its human nature doesn't mean you can't change it, thats an excuse to act that way don't try and rationalize greed.

Football tickets are by definition discretionary. If I got priced out, would that mean that the person who got my seat was greedy, or just the owner of the team. All we can be sure of is that you aren't, right?

So if everyone jumps of a bridge is Kraft going too to???

That makes no sense. Right or wrong that is how the sports world of stadium building works these days. Most owners put up about a 1/3rd of the total stadium cost.

I'm glad Mr.Kraft privately finance his own stadium, its the right thing too do. You don't get kudo's from me for doing the right thing, your supposed too do the right thing....:cool:

Owners are greedy,so are the players, in the end the fan's suffer but someone has to lead by example, right?

That makes no sense. Right or wrong that is how the sports world of stadium building works these days. Most owners put up about a 1/3rd of the total stadium cost.

Well then don't complain when the ticket prices are higher in a privately owned stadium. This is still a business and he has to recoup that money and still put out a competetive product.

Brady is 100% right! I have only been to Gillette Stadium twice, but both times I was extremely disappointed with my fellow fans. The last game was last year during the regular season against the Ravens. It was a close game that was on the line until the very end, despite this, most of the people in my section and adjacent sections were sitting down most of the time, not loud at all. I lost my voice screaming at everyone around me telling them to stand the hell up. It was borderline pathetic. No, make that bonafide pathetic. I have since vowed that the next game I go to will be in the cheapest furthest away highest seats I can find. I'm hoping I will find some enthusiastic fans up there. I'm suprised Brady hasn't said anything sooner, it really is downright embarassing.

Well when tickets for the game are $150-$10,000 for seats you get the yuppy crowd. You lose your real fan base because of greed.

I know when I go to the bar or out for a game,I'm the loudest fan you'll ever see but I am not paying $150-$500 for a seat at the game I can't afford it and most people can't either but the yuppies.

It is what it is....Tell tommy to tell Kraft to quit being so greedy and lower the prices or don't complain cause you have a bunch of fake fans.

This is 100% accurate. Everyone knows that you can only be a "real fan" if you can't afford those ticket prices. Real fans are only those neanderthal knuckle draggers that can barely keep a job but can scream at the top of their lungs. Men that have jobs don't have the ability to produce sound due to years of submission to "the man". You know who else dosen't qualify as "real fans"? Women and children. Lets not forget the children with their little shrill voices. To hell with a child friendly atmosphere, nice seats, enclosed areas, resteraunts and actual urinals! These are artifices of Kraft's greed set there to create an actual place someone with a sense of selfworth might actually want to visit, not "real fans". I say all of these extra accomadations be stripped immediately from the facility making it a place nobody would want to visit and even scalpers would have difficulty selling at half the current cost. Ticket prices would then plummet and "real fans" could attend as god had intended.

:rolleyes:

This is 100% accurate. Everyone knows that you can only be a "real fan" if you can't afford those ticket prices. Real fans are only those neanderthal knuckle draggers that can barely keep a job but can scream at the top of their lungs. Men that have jobs don't have the ability to produce sound due to years of submission to "the man". You know who else dosen't qualify as "real fans"? Women and children. Lets not forget the children with their little shrill voices. To hell with a child friendly atmosphere, nice seats, enclosed areas, resteraunts and actual urinals! These are artifices of Kraft's greed set there to create an actual place someone with a sense of selfworth might actually want to visit, not "real fans". I say all of these extra accomadations be stripped immediately from the facility making it a place nobody would want to visit and even scalpers would have difficulty selling at half the current cost. Ticket prices would then plummet and "real fans" could attend as god had intended.

:rolleyes:

Thank you, from a (apparently) fake fan....

I've never heard another indicate Jets fans were better than Pats fans, but point well taken. Now even if you personally stay there to the END, Tom Brady just DISSED you as well. He called out "Patriots Fans" as a whole. He did not single you out, and no one but you know that you aren't part of the crowd that left early. You are a Patriot fan, Brady dissed Patriots fans in general.

He didn't call out Patriot fans as a whole. He called out the ones who left early. I'm pretty sure I could find four or five instances of him saying Patriot fans were the "best in the world" or whatever, so I wouldn't take it personally.

The same reason a manager can't yell at a customer, even when it's 100% justified.

That's not at all comparable. The Patriots garner a competitive advantage from having a loud crowd which stays there throughout the game. The fans are not merely a consumer. They are a participant, particularly in this day and age when communication is such an issue on the field.

Therefore, its in Brady's best interest to get the fans to be as loud as possible. Not only does he have a right to call them out, as the purported leader of this team - and now the highest paid - he has the obligation to do so.

Last edited:
How is taking the MBTA commuter rail?

Nothing beats staggering drunkenly to your seat and passing out in a rancid stew of your own urine after a big Pats win. :rocker:

He didn't call out Patriot fans as a whole. He called out the ones who left early. I'm pretty sure I could find four or five instances of him saying Patriot fans were the "best in the world" or whatever, so I wouldn't take it personally.

There's no way for anyone to separate them from the entire fan base. From anyone's point of view it's "pats fans are bad, they leave early". It's disrespectful to the ENTIRE fanbase.

That's not at all comparable.

Yes it is. Not directly, but close enough for the point.

The Patriots garner a competitive advantage from having a loud crowd which stays there throughout the game. The fans are not merely a consumer. They are a participant, particularly in this day and age when communication is such an issue on the field.

I'm sure if you paid 60,000 to show up and stay for 4 hours and cheer loud for 4 hours straight no matter what... you'd get what you want. But since they aren't being paid, it's unfair to expect or demand they live up to some expectation of a perfect environment. Millions of dollars are paid to the players to do their jobs and now you are telling me that it is the responsibility of the paying consumer to help them do their jobs? Come on now.

Therefore, its in Brady's best interest to get the fans to be as loud as possible. Not only does he have a right to call them out, as the purported leader of this team - and now the highest paid - he has the obligation to do so.

This isn't the way to do get fans to be as loud as possible and he never commented on their loudness. He commented on them leaving early in a blowout and compared them directly to jets fans (who like every franchise in the NFL have a large amount of fans who will leave early in a blowout). It's a joke for you to say he's obligated to diss the fans btw, an absolute joke.

It's not a huge deal because it's a side comment, but it was a stupid comment nonetheless.

Last edited:
Brady is right. Starting at the end of the 3rd quarter people start leaving, if there is a big differential in the score then lots of people leave and it only gets worse as the 4th quarter progresses. It really makes my day when something really dramatic happens and these idiots missed it but maybe they don't really care. First let me say that there are some really great fans at the games, by far the vast majority are into the game, make noise when it's called for and tone it down when our offense is on the field. Then there are the others......they play with their phones, they text, they complain about everything, they have no idea what's going on down on the field and then they leave early.

I just don't get why someone would leave a game as early as some people do, sometimes it starts during the 3rd quarter. Why bother even going if you're not going to stay til the end? For that matter why even go if you're not going to pay attention to the game?

I'm sure if you paid 60,000 to show up and stay for 4 hours and cheer loud for 4 hours straight no matter what... you'd get what you want. But since they aren't being paid, it's unfair to expect or demand they live up to some expectation of a perfect environment. Millions of dollars are paid to the players to do their jobs and now you are telling me that it is the responsibility of the paying consumer to help them do their jobs? Come on now.

Responsibility? I don't know if I'd say that, but its certainly preferred. There is no denying the Colts, Steelers, Jets, etc. fans make jobs harder on opposing QBs. I don't think any QB has called Foxboro a tough place recently - at least due to the fans - and I think this is what Brady - and other players who have brought it up - is talking about.

Brady, Wilfork & Seymour OTOH have all done this in years past - you're talking about the three biggest players on the team. I'd take their word for it.

It's not a huge deal because it's a side comment, but it was a stupid comment nonetheless.

Of course its not a stupid comment. The only thing that would make it stupid if it were 1) inaccurate 2) inappropriate. It is very accruate. It also wasn't inappropriate as he was discussing the relative effect of crowd noise on offense communication. Pointing out that other teams have a better advantage because of their fan bases is a valid criticism.

Kindly,,can anybody confirm to me what a good Pats fan told me a while back,,that the Razor was a good stadium however the design does not help the noise. IE,,that a differant designed stadium with only 20000 fans would sound louder than 60000 at the Gillette. Thanks. Abdul.

There's no way for anyone to separate them from the entire fan base. From anyone's point of view it's "pats fans are bad, they leave early". It's disrespectful to the ENTIRE fanbase.

Yes it is, if you left early he was talking about them

He didn't say that, he said a team gets an advantage with a crowd that is loud and into it. When was the last time the crowd forced a timeout or a false start for being loud.

This isn't the way to do get fans to be as loud as possible and he never commented on their loudness. He commented on them leaving early in a blowout and compared them directly to jets fans (who like every franchise in the NFL have a large amount of fans who will leave early in a blowout). It's a joke for you to say he's obligated to diss the fans btw, an absolute joke.

Then how do you suggest he goes about telling the fans to be louder and not leave early. It is the fans right to leave early it is also Brady's right to say he is disappointed that the fans leave early.

Last edited:
Kindly,,can anybody confirm to me what a good Pats fan told me a while back,,that the Razor was a good stadium however the design does not help the noise. IE,,that a differant designed stadium with only 20000 fans would sound louder than 60000 at the Gillette. Thanks. Abdul.

The design does not help. But still if you had 68,000 fans all into the game it should be loud. But that does not happen in Gillette.

Tom is correct, the fans leave something to be desired. When I went to the Tenn game last year, people we're leaving at halftime. It's not right.

(spare me the "It was snowing" excuse...it was raining the whole day, you knew the weather was going to be crappy)

It is not a misconception, it's bad for business to yell at a customer.

Yeah....and that is real applicable here.

There are business I won't go back to because of lousy service.

However.....

What the over/under on the number of Patriots fans who will be giving up their season tickets because Tom called them a "bad fan"?

I can just see it...

Kid: "Mommy what I really want for Xmas is a Brady jersey"
Mom: "No way. He insulted us for leaving early to beat the traffic."
Kid: "Yeah, that was mean of him, what a jerk. Can I have a Sanchez one instead for Xmas."
Mom: "Sure thing honey. As Brady said himself, Jets fans are better fans."

Last edited:
Responsibility? I don't know if I'd say that, but its certainly preferred. There is no denying the Colts, Steelers, Jets, etc. fans make jobs harder on opposing QBs. I don't think any QB has called Foxboro a tough place recently - at least due to the fans - and I think this is what Brady - and other players who have brought it up - is talking about.

Brady, Wilfork & Seymour OTOH have all done this in years past - you're talking about the three biggest players on the team. I'd take their word for it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say I think the Gillette stadium atmosphere is ideal or that the HFA is great. It's simply not Brady's place (nor Wilfork, nor Seymour) to publicly call out paying customers about how they choose to spend their time at the stadium. If it is a -big- issue that he feels needs to be resolved he should talk to Kraft or other relevant people to attract the -type- of Fan they want in their seats or to convince the current attendees to behave differently (or alter stadium design). Publicly dissing the fanbase is just wrong, no matter why you did it.

Yes it is, if you left early he was talking about them

You are a patriots fan, to the REST of the world he was talking about YOU. Are you going to call ESPN and have them say "except for Patsrock"?

He didn't say that, he said a team gets an advantage with a crowd that is loud and into it. When was the last time the crowd forced a timeout or a false start for being loud.

Well what he actually said was he looked up to an empty stadium in the 4th quarter of a blowout, and Jets fans never leave early.

Then how do you suggest he goes about telling the fans to be louder and not leave early. It is the fans right to leave early it is also Brady's right to say he is disappointed that the fans leave early.

It's not his job or place to TELL the fans how to act. He didn't just say he was disappointed the fans left early. He said the Jets fans never leave early. He indicated Jets fans > Pats fans. If that doesn't get to you, then so be it. If Moss said it it would piss more people off.

Yeah....and that is real applicable here.

There are business I won't go back to because of lousy service.

However.....

What the over/under on the number of Patriots fans who will be giving up their season tickets because Tom called them a "bad fan"?

I can just see it...

Kid: "Mommy want I really want for Xmas is a Brady jersey"
Mom: "No way. He insulted us for leaving early to beat the traffic."
Kid: "Yeah, that was mean of him, what a jerk. Can I have a Sanchez one instead for Xmas."
Mom: "Sure thing honey. As Brady said himself, Jets fans are better fans."

Well yelling at a customer isn't bad just because that specific customer may not return. It's bad because even if the customer deserves it, many people see/hear it all out of context. But that was just a quick analogy not meant to be taken as a direct parallel.

And I still don't like millionaire athletes talking negatively about the very people who are responsible for enabling them to live their lifestyles.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say I think the Gillette stadium atmosphere is ideal or that the HFA is great. It's simply not Brady's place (nor Wilfork, nor Seymour) to publicly call out paying customers about how they choose to spend their time at the stadium. If it is a -big- issue that he feels needs to be resolved he should talk to Kraft or other relevant people to attract the -type- of Fan they want in their seats or to convince the current attendees to behave differently (or alter stadium design). Publicly dissing the fanbase is just wrong, no matter why you did it.

We'll agree to disagree. I don't think publicly dissing the fanbase is intrinsically wrong. Nor do I think he dissed the entire fanbase, he dissed one portion of it on one Sunday.

And I think he has the right to do so - for the aforementioned very real and tangible benefits the Patriots would reap from a louder, rowdier, more involved crowd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back