PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady calls out Gillette Stadium fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also still trying to figure out why the title on the front page is "Brady wishes fans were louder"

"The road environment is very different than our friendly home crowd"

Friendly refers to the place not being hostile/loud enough. Friendly doesn't describe leaving the game early, that's just something he added to elaborate.

It's the IRS tax rules that do it.

Look around any stadium built in the last 10 years.

See alot of glass????? See alot of almost gated off 'premium sections'? See alot of corporate hospitality tents in the concourse or just outside the stadiums????

Yes?
The reason why the NFL's new stadiums have so many corporate style, premium seats is because the stadium owners keep 100% of the revenue from club seats and luxury boxes, instead of throwing about 40% into a shared revenue plan.

Foxboro needed a new stadium, pure and simple. But the old Giants Stadium was a fine place to watch a football game and there was no need to replace it. Well, to clarify, the stadium itself was perfectly fine. The fans were complete a-holes, but that wasn't the stadium's fault. But the owners of the Jets and Giants wanted all that premium seating revenue that they can keep 100% of instead of sharing it. So out with the old, in with the new.

Owners are greedy,so are the players, in the end the fan's suffer but someone has to lead by example, right?

Almost everyone is "greedy", it is human nature.

Some people are more effective in acting out their greed than others.

I am glad that Kraft manages his money intelligently so that he had the $$ available to lock up Brady when the time came.

I'm glad Brady is calling out the wine and cheese crowd.

I wonder how long and or difficult it would be to start a campaign to become one of the loudest/proudest/rowdiest fan bases.

"The road environment is very different than our friendly home crowd"

I believe you are misinterpreting that part. The HOME crowd is -always- friendly (to the home team). I know he did not mean the home crowd was friendly to the jets when they come here. He's talking about how it is for him and his team (road vs. home).

I think it was very called for, we on here blast players for not performing well. Players have a right to state their opinion about how quiet the fans are and have been.

He did NOT state his opinion on the noise level of the crowd. And it is NOT ever called for to blast your fans like that.

....facepalm.....

Good morning, Ilikehappyppl........I hope you had a nice 8 day nap. While you slept, "Tommy" signed a contract whereby the "greedy" Kraft has now made him the highest paid player in NFL history.

You can still be greedy, even if you pay your employees. Point is that ticket prices are WAY too HIGH. This is cause of OWNERS and PLAYERS GREED, its a two way street never said it wasn't.

Almost everyone is "greedy", it is human nature.

Some people are more effective in acting out their greed than others.

I am glad that Kraft manages his money intelligently so that he had the $$ available to lock up Brady when the time came.

Yep and when Tickets are $1000 per, I'm sure you'll be touting the same attitude.

Just cause its human nature doesn't mean you can't change it, thats an excuse to act that way don't try and rationalize greed.

Tom, you are lucky you are who you are. Only guy on the team who could get away with calling out his fanbase and painting the Jets as a better fanbase. Just an uncalled for stupid comment by Tom IMO.

Every year, a few Patriot players makes the exact comment, and every year, every Patriot fan agrees with him except for the ones that make the trip to Gillette every Sunday. And even then, probably half the people in that category still agree with the player and blame it on the "wine and cheese" folk.

I don't think its a stupid or uncalled for comment. I think its accurate. The fans did, in fact, leave before the game was over.

Last edited:
He did NOT state his opinion on the noise level of the crowd. And it is NOT ever called for to blast your fans like that.

Why can't a player call out the fans? The reverse is done all the damn time.

You can still be greedy, even if you pay your employees. Point is that ticket prices are WAY too HIGH. This is cause of OWNERS and PLAYERS GREED, its a two way street never said it wasn't.

So why did you say that BRADY (who just got the biggest contract in NFL history) should be the person to criticize Kraft for greed?????

______
Your post:
"It is what it is....Tell tommy to tell Kraft to quit being so greedy and lower the prices or don't complain cause you have a bunch of fake fans."
______

I'm sure you mean well, but you're all over the map on this. It's best to think before posting.

Last edited:

Why? Then you should not be able to blast a player like people do on here. I have seen more personal attacks on players on this website that are far worse than what Tom said. Also I have seen our fans attack players at the stadium with verbal abuse that is never called for.

Every year, a few Patriot players makes the exact comment, and every year, every Patriot fan agrees with him except for the ones that make the trip to Gillette every Sunday. And even then, probably half the people in that category still agree with the player and blame it on the "wine and cheese" folk.

I don't think its a stupid or uncalled for comment. I think its accurate. The fans did, in fact, leave before the game was over.

I've never heard another indicate Jets fans were better than Pats fans, but point well taken. Now even if you personally stay there to the END, Tom Brady just DISSED you as well. He called out "Patriots Fans" as a whole. He did not single you out, and no one but you know that you aren't part of the crowd that left early. You are a Patriot fan, Brady dissed Patriots fans in general.

Why can't a player call out the fans? The reverse is done all the damn time.

The same reason a manager can't yell at a customer, even when it's 100% justified.

Yep and when Tickets are $1000 per, I'm sure you'll be touting the same attitude.

Just cause its human nature doesn't mean you can't change it, thats an excuse to act that way don't try and rationalize greed.

One thing though: if football tickets are too high, what do you think about hockey and basketball tickets?

$100 a pop for 40 games, and then another, say, 7 playoff home games.

$5k a year.

For football you can still do $1k in many stadiums.

Why? Then you should not be able to blast a player like people do on here. I have seen more personal attacks on players on this website that are far worse than what Tom said. Also I have seen our fans attack players at the stadium with verbal abuse that is never called for.

I agree that people attacking players is uncalled for as well, I never said it wasn't. Two wrongs don't make a right.

PS: Also understand that the fans on messageboards aren't reaching an audience the size that Brady reaches with his words.

I don't like calling people greedy when all they are doing is maximizing revenue, which is something every single one of us would do in the same situation.

If you were selling 60,000 widgets and you knew you could sell every single one of them for $60, or you could sell every single one of them for $100, are you "greedy" to price them at $100?

I've never heard another indicate Jets fans were better than Pats fans, but point well taken. Now even if you personally stay there to the END, Tom Brady just DISSED you as well. He called out "Patriots Fans" as a whole. He did not single you out, and no one but you know that you aren't part of the crowd that left early. You are a Patriot fan, Brady dissed Patriots fans in general.

Good Pats fans suck in the stadium.

The same reason a manager can't yell at a customer, even when it's 100% justified.

No they can yell at a customer, biggest misconception is customer is always right! I have worked in retail business since I was 15 in 1992. It happens all the time, more than you think.

I believe you are misinterpreting that part. The HOME crowd is -always- friendly (to the home team). I know he did not mean the home crowd was friendly to the jets when they come here. He's talking about how it is for him and his team (road vs. home).

Actually, that does make more sense.

Him adding on to that with criticism on our crowd led be to believe otherwise, though.

Maybe TB should offer up Giselle and recruit Inez Sainz to do a post game "meet and greet" in the stadium.

Also, any poster who considers Robert Kraft "greedy" should be permanently banned for gross stupidity. Any owner that privately finances the stadium is godlike.

Allegheny County property tax payers get to subsidize the classy Rooney's in their main business adventures.

No they can yell at a customer, biggest misconception is customer is always right! I have worked in retail business since I was 15 in 1992. It happens all the time, more than you think.

It is not a misconception, it's bad for business to yell at a customer. I've never argued it doesn't happen or that everyone in the retail business always does what is best for their business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back