PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady calls out Gillette Stadium fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say I think the Gillette stadium atmosphere is ideal or that the HFA is great. It's simply not Brady's place (nor Wilfork, nor Seymour) to publicly call out paying customers about how they choose to spend their time at the stadium. If it is a -big- issue that he feels needs to be resolved he should talk to Kraft or other relevant people to attract the -type- of Fan they want in their seats or to convince the current attendees to behave differently (or alter stadium design). Publicly dissing the fanbase is just wrong, no matter why you did it.

You are a patriots fan, to the REST of the world he was talking about YOU. Are you going to call ESPN and have them say "except for Patsrock"?

Well what he actually said was he looked up to an empty stadium in the 4th quarter of a blowout, and Jets fans never leave early.

It's not his job or place to TELL the fans how to act. He didn't just say he was disappointed the fans left early. He said the Jets fans never leave early. He indicated Jets fans > Pats fans. If that doesn't get to you, then so be it. If Moss said it it would piss more people off.

Think of it like a challenge. Seriously, Tom Brady, if anyone, has earned the right to give a little good natured ribbing, which this was. It wasn't like the anyone with a pair of eyes couldn't see the half empty stadium during the telecast.

Think of it like a challenge. Seriously, Tom Brady, if anyone, has earned the right to give a little good natured ribbing, which this was. It wasn't like the anyone with a pair of eyes couldn't see the half empty stadium during the telecast.

Hey it's not good natured when comparing Pats fans to lowly Jets fans! :p

I was on The Pats website radio show around 3 o'clock in my other nickname, Brooklyn Matt, b*tching about how quiet fans are at Gillette. It felt good to get my rocks off over the webradio airwaves about it. I had to smoke a cigarette afterwards.
A guy a few posts above this one is saying,"Don't tell me how to behave after I went out of my way to buy a ticket and go to the game." See that? That's EXACTLY the sh*t I was talking about.
Usually, I spend more time typin' about this and that over here, but I already took an action to be heard somewhere else by more ears. Yeah, something a lot of people sitting in Gillette DON'T choose to do.

We've never left early, even my parents don't leave early lol, and if the weather's nice and/or the game was awesome we tailgate after. A lot DO leave early though but it's because of the traffic and jmo but I don't consider them to be any less a fan. The traffic DOES suk, the set-up IS a pita, and that's going to make people leave as soon as they think the game's 'over'.

The crowd noise rarely translates over TV; at the game it's very loud including the red seats:rolleyes: and Sunday's was no exception. I thought it sounded loud even on TV.

As long as the routes stay the same there will be people who want to get a head start and I'm not sure that even TFB's going to change their plans:(

When you go to a game, don't be in a rush lol. Tailgate, go to PP or whatever and wait it out but regardless there's no denying it, Gillette's one of the worst to negotiate.

Just now on EEI, they said the league keeps tabs on stadium decibel levels and Gillette is ranked 29th of 32. The 4th quietest. How you like them numbers? Jeepers creepers. (I like sayin' that 'spression 'cause it's all corny soundin')

Ok now over the past few years my son and I have gone to quite a few games-park by the liquor store(yup 50.00 bucks-whatever)and I really have had no issues leaving the parking area. I mean jeez we stay till the end,walk to the truck, wait for the State police guy to let us out, go up the wrong way on Rt1(you know on the left of the divider)and are on 95 back to Maine in less then 40 minutes. Not to be a wise ass but you are there with 68,000 other people shouldn't you expect to wait. Dam I pay the price for the ticket-the parkin-the food I'm goin to watch the whole game. Bye the way it is a 2.75 hour ride home for me so no matter when I leave its 7 or 8 till we get home.

Two things come to mind:
people waited so long for Pats season tickets, and now they are old as **** in the stands and cant even scream. Second,
Women in cold weather just complain the entire time. Its a joke. I went to the playoff game last year and people were quiet when they were down 14-0. Its a joke. Drink some beers and get rowdy.

Bottom Line: Gillette has become too much of a FAMILY place and needs to change

Let's not make any excuses and try to justify what we do or don't do anymore. Open side of stadium, the sound escaping over the top due to build out, being too lazy to stand? Blah, blah, etc. If you're a season ticket holder or plan on being at a game bring your "A" game and just make some noise when the
D is on the field. Is that too hard to do? I'll tell you what' you don't even have to stand up.

The open end is an issue. But not the major issue.

Watching from home this weekend.....Too many people SITTING.....CLAPPING! Looking like they couldn't wait to leave. Biggest bingo parlor on earth.

I too watched the KC-SD game. AMAZING!

But folks around here will never act like that. Too afraid to act like a bunch of yahoos. It's beneath us apparently.

On a positive note....we have something that looks like a light house! awesome.

I'm lucky enough to get to go to 3 or 4 games a year and I don't waste it. The mass commercialization of Football is ruining the crowds at games in my opinion and Gillette Stadium is exhibit A.

I was there last week sitting in section 132 and most of the people in my section didn't bother to get up on 3rd downs for the defense which is really the absolute minimum you should do as a fan.

This isn't a new phenomenon either, we've had ****ty fans for a while.

On a positive note....we have something that looks like a light house! awesome.

While we're on the subject, IMHO of course, that lighthouse looks bad. Love the idea, HATE the way they did it. It looks like they ran out of money and never finished it. Why not put in something that looks like, you know, and actual lighthouse?

This is 100% accurate. Everyone knows that you can only be a "real fan" if you can't afford those ticket prices. Real fans are only those neanderthal knuckle draggers that can barely keep a job but can scream at the top of their lungs. Men that have jobs don't have the ability to produce sound due to years of submission to "the man". You know who else dosen't qualify as "real fans"? Women and children. Lets not forget the children with their little shrill voices. To hell with a child friendly atmosphere, nice seats, enclosed areas, resteraunts and actual urinals! These are artifices of Kraft's greed set there to create an actual place someone with a sense of selfworth might actually want to visit, not "real fans". I say all of these extra accomadations be stripped immediately from the facility making it a place nobody would want to visit and even scalpers would have difficulty selling at half the current cost. Ticket prices would then plummet and "real fans" could attend as god had intended.

:rolleyes:

Post of the day:youtheman: I want to make that my sig :D

I sometimes get club tickets for free so I was up in the red seats last sunday. I was also told to sit down on multiple occasions, INCLUDING, when we were in the red zone.

Red Seats blow

Right now we've got a stadium full of bluestockings and teetotalers, so almost anything would be an improvement.

I'm not saving the Pink Hats destroyed the Sox, but when you're putting the team logo on feminine hygiene products, you're not going to get loud, rowdy fans.

Last edited:
Right now we've got a stadium full of bluestockings and teetotalers, so almost anything would be an improvement.

I'm not saving the Pink Hats destroyed the Sox, but when you're putting the team logo on feminine hygiene products, you're not going to get loud, rowdy fans.

:rolleyes: Our season tix have been passed down from my grandfather to my father and if the Pats put their logo on fh products (which they never would), I just might buy some. :rofl:

So, uh how many people here think it's not very loud based on being at a game vs. basing your impression on watching the game on TV? Not trying to be a d!ck but it seems pretty loud at the game and there have been a number times over the last couple of years where the stadium noise clearly had an effect on the opposing team.

In the old Foxboro Stadium with metal benches, people stayed the whole game. In big, comfy Gillette Stadium, fans leave at the first sign of a blowout by either team or a decent lead by the home squad. Such a different crowd than it used to be. I almost wish they went back to the benches again so people would stand-up and scream when the defense is on the field. Gilllette has NO home field advantage as far as the fans are concerned.

I think one of the biggest reasons it clears out is because it's the worst game traffic in the NFL (no Interstate connection). Pats are up by 21 and people say, this game is over, no use sitting in 4 hours of traffic.

I ALWAYS stay until the players leave the field.

I think one of the biggest reasons it clears out is because it's the worst game traffic in the NFL (no Interstate connection). Pats are up by 21 and people say, this game is over, no use sitting in 4 hours of traffic.

I ALWAYS stay until the players leave the field.

Agreed .. I usually try to bust out of there ..Dennis Drinkwater style as soon I am assured a W or Loss. If its close or could be a swing with a play or 2, I will stay. I go to most games as well. There is no reason to be a hero and stay to see the players leave, unless you plan on having 3-4 hrs to kill in a mass exit with a horrible infrastructure. If I could get in my car and leave without having to sit in a parking lot for 2 hrs, it would be a different story. If Brady is in the stands watching a baseball game that is 7-2 in the 7th inning, I'm guessing he would leave too. Esp knowing what he has waiting for him at home ;)

So, uh how many people here think it's not very loud based on being at a game vs. basing your impression on watching the game on TV? Not trying to be a d!ck but it seems pretty loud at the game and there have been a number times over the last couple of years where the stadium noise clearly had an effect on the opposing team.

I was basing it on the two games that I have been to. I always thought we had crazy ass fans and that Gillette was always rockin, but when I went to my first game there I was utterly disappointed. It was really was not very loud at all, and it had nothing to do with the design or dimensions of the stadium. Most people in my section remained in their seats for most if not all of the game. I had to yell at people on third downs to stand the hell up and get loud. Especially at the last one I went to, regular season Ravens game last year, which many big 4th quarter defensive stops by the Pats. People just wanted to sit back as if they were watching it on TV (I scream incessantly at the TV so even that I would have accepted) and it was just lame. Despite the win, I left the game feeling disappointed with the game, thinking how awesome it would be if we had some our own crazies at the game.

The leaving early and crowd noise to me, are two different issues. I have had tickets for a while and even in the lean years if the game was in doubt, the crowd that showed up were always there.

I think if you ask Kraft he would say the gameday experiance is exactly what he wants. Family freindly (for the most part).

The only issue I had Sunday was on wealkers 1st reception of the game. The crowd did acknowledge it with a nice cheer but I was looking for one of those special moments that fans of this region usually get. i.e the belichick recption vs SD in 07 when he was announced was eletric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back