PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady blamed for Playoff loss to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't comment on the loss to the Jets in that thread.It was directed at some guy on suicide watch who was saying Brady sucks since losing 3 straight. I defended him for the 07 & 09 loss.

There is no other QB i'd have leading the Pats but he played liked **** in the
Jets loss and looked nowhere near the same level he was in the regular season.
I could be wrong but think Mr. Lewis is saying that you need a diaper change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Highest paid player in the NFL needs to play a "good" game (not asking too much here are we??) against the Jets. He does that and the Patriots win. I don't disagree about the other players you've named but this thread is about Brady and his performance. Some of his mediot bunboys (Callahan, Borges etc) have tried to downplay Brady's ineptness against the Jets. Good to see an honest attempt at calling it straight here.
What bothered me the most about Brady was the lack of leadership and toughness he showed in that Jet game. No emotion. No passion. I said it at the time and I believe it - the Jets trashtalked their way into the Patriot gameplan through Brady. Never thought I'd ever see that.
I'll never question TB's physical toughness. Never!
Unfortunately I do question his mental toughness now.

Its a team sport.

Brady didnt play his best game but neither did the rest of the Patriots players and coaches. Belichick was obviously upset with the play calling late in the game. Brady said the they were prepared for the Jets to do something else on defense.

At times its looked as if the Patriots dont adjust in ball games.

If its all on Brady, I have the feeling its going to be a very long time before the Pats make it to another Super Bowl.

Ill never be a Marony loving Homer or Butler Fanboy regarding this club. Ever.

Brady was playing with a broken foot. If thats not mental toughness I dont know what is.

Yes, we know football's a team game, etc., and the entire team played poorly (as many of those "defending" Brady claim). But I and other fans are/were looking for Brady, the #1 or #2 top quarterback in the game, to WIN a game for the team when those around him are not playing well.
Harken back to January of 2007 - Patriots @ San Diego...Brady has a really tough game, BUT he just about single handedly wins the game with a 49 yard bomb to Reche Caldwell on third and long (I think) with about a minute left to set up the go ahead FG, not to mention some huge plays in the game tying drive.
THAT'S what we're looking for; not the "deer in the headlights" confusion that we've seen lately in the playoffs. He's done it before, I just want him to get back to doing it on a consistent basis.

Highest paid player in the NFL needs to play a "good" game (not asking too much here are we??) against the Jets. He does that and the Patriots win. I don't disagree about the other players you've named but this thread is about Brady and his performance. Some of his mediot bunboys (Callahan, Borges etc) have tried to downplay Brady's ineptness against the Jets. Good to see an honest attempt at calling it straight here.
What bothered me the most about Brady was the lack of leadership and toughness he showed in that Jet game. No emotion. No passion. I said it at the time and I believe it - the Jets trashtalked their way into the Patriot gameplan through Brady. Never thought I'd ever see that.
I'll never question TB's physical toughness. Never!

Andrew Luck wouldn't have been such a sissy.

Oh, and when you post them deus be sure include what you disagree with. It would be dumbassed to post them if you actually agree with what I was saying, unless of course you are an "over the top homer."

Deus-----Still waiting for that easily accessible evidence of my homerism..............................I'm guessing it will be a long time coming.

Well put, no use crying over spilled milk.

Ownership, BB, and Brady himself--have all given us the opportunity to compete every...single...year. What more does anyone want? You cannot win the SB every year, and to think so is ridiculous and spoiled.

I don't ask for anything more but the chance to be in the mix at the end. We should be thankful for that, not *****ing because we didn't go as far as we would've liked.

Try being most other teams, (with the exception of IND, NE, and PIT).

Right on the money. When it comes to spoiled fans we may well lead the league.

Right on the money. When it comes to spoiled fans we may well lead the league.

i was ******* pissed when i heard the fans booing at half time but...BB,Brady and Co. have carved out this standard for us and themselves.Dynasty,team of the decade whatever you wanna call it.They expect to win it every year as much as we do.When you are the heavy favourites and lose then it's definately hard to take those and not to mention every fan of every team in the league is probably laughing at us and pointing to spygate.I just want 1 more before our time is over to shut everybody up.

i was ******* pissed when i heard the fans booing at half time but...BB,Brady and Co. have carved out this standard for us and themselves.Dynasty,team of the decade whatever you wanna call it.They expect to win it every year as much as we do.When you are the heavy favourites and lose then it's definately hard to take those and not to mention every fan of every team in the league is probably laughing at us and pointing to spygate.I just want 1 more before our time is over to shut everybody up.

Who cares what other fans think? The Patriots weren't even expected to win their division and they went with the youngest defense in football and got rid of a first ballot HOF WR in the middle of the season, completely remade their offense and won it going away. They had a great regular season and turned a rebuilding season into the best record in the league while beating all of the good teams they faced, and all of the final four play-off teams. They laid an egg in the play-off game, big deal, these things happen, especially when you are always in the play-off's. They have already been labelled on of the top two favorites to win it all next season by oddsmakers, so rather than being laughed at the Patriots are being viewed as one of the most dangerous teams in the league going forward. While the play-off game was an obvious disappointment the hand wringing and teeth gnashing going on in these parts is ludicrous, and imo really speaks of a fan base that has alot of people who don't know what they are talking about. If you are in the play-offs year after year after year you will suffer more painful losses than enjoy SB wins, but you will be in a place to win more SB's than pretty much everyone else. Big losses are a price of great success, and people need to realize that. The crying by Patriot fans is far more embarrassing than the team's performance will ever be.

I understand what you're saying, but if you think one more SB win or five more SB wins will "shut everybody up" and stop people from "pointing to spygate", you're engaging in wishful thinking, in my opinion. Do you remember in mid-December when we were rolling over enveryone? More than one story came out nationally wondering if the Patriots were "cheating" again. For fans of other teams, it will always be available to poke us with, even if they don't deep down believe it was that big of a deal.

I don't know about other fans but I feel much better about the Patriots now than I did after the 2009 season ended. The signs coming from that season pointed to team that lacked team leadership in the lockerroom, had become one dimensional offensively, couldn't win on the road, couldn't win big games, and couldn't beat any good teams. After this season they had developed new leaders throughout, remade their offense to a much more balanced attack, won consistently on the road, won big games, and beat all of the best teams in football. Additionally they went with the youngest defense in the league and by year's end it had payed off and they were making real strides in the right direction.

The Patriots have needs, they aren't a finished product, but they have set themselves up to be a serious threat and contender for the remainder of Brady's career. They will have to continue to make the right moves to keep the OL at a high level and improve on both sides of the ball, but the groundwork has been more than laid and anyone who can't see that hasn't been paying attention.

I don't know about other fans but I feel much better about the Patriots now than I did after the 2009 season ended. The signs coming from that season pointed to team that lacked team leadership in the lockerroom, had become one dimensional offensively, couldn't win on the road, couldn't win big games, and couldn't beat any good teams. After this season they had developed new leaders throughout, remade their offense to a much more balanced attack, won consistently on the road, won big games, and beat all of the best teams in football. Additionally they went with the youngest defense in the league and by year's end it had payed off and they were making real strides in the right direction.

The Patriots have needs, they aren't a finished product, but they have set themselves up to be a serious threat and contender for the remainder of Brady's career. They will have to continue to make the right moves to keep the OL at a high level and improve on both sides of the ball, but the groundwork has been more than laid and anyone who can't see that hasn't been paying attention.
Agreed. They're in much, much better shape now than a year ago in virtually every area.

Agreed. They're in much, much better shape now than a year ago in virtually every area.

They were in very good position THIS YEAR. Why did Brady choke? I don't want to waste another year rooting for this team if they're just going to fall apart in the playoffs. It's too heart wrenching.

Do you disagree? He played a horrible game.

There was plenty of blame to go around (can you say Alge Stonehands Crumpler?), but I think most of it lies with Brady.

He picked the worst day of the year to play his worst game of the year, underthrowing, overthrowing, and just generally out of synch.

You gotta give the Jets some credit there. They kept the heat on him all day. Ryan had a strong defensive game plan.

That said, it's over, and I just hope they play the 2011 season because our team has a great nucleus!

And may I just say:

"Let's Go Red Sox" (clap-clap-clapclapclap)

Last edited:
They were in very good position THIS YEAR. Why did Brady choke? I don't want to waste another year rooting for this team if they're just going to fall apart in the playoffs. It's too heart wrenching.
There's a difference between choking and not playing up to your usual level for whatever reason. We could debate that forever. With that said, and I'm not trying to be ruthlessly cold here, but if it's too heart-wrenching for you, then you should probably find another team for whom to root. I've been a Pats' fan since 1960 (my Dad took me to the first game they ever played) and, more significantly to some degree, a Red Sox fan since 1957. You think I don't know heart-wrenching???

Last edited:
By all means don't waste another year rooting for this team. Its clear you are ready to find a different one to root for.

Gotta love it...the definition of a bandwaggon riding front runner fan.

We're not taking him, we reach our quota this year. I hear Dallas always has room.

I've been a fan since 1976 and grew up in the shadow of the stadium, near Walpole. I get so worked up for the games that the depression is too much when they fail...I expected SB or bust this year, and bust it is. In some ways it was easier rooting for teams in the bad years, you didn't expect much from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents