PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady blamed for Playoff loss to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I’ll say this, the Patriots receivers were open a majority of the game, especially those last couple drives."

Ok, I'll play. The "last couple of drives" produced this line for Brady:

10-14 (71.4%), 85 yds, 1 td, 0 int, 10 points, 2:49 elapsed

If that's when his receivers were primarily open, then, um, he kind of did find them. Scoring 10 points in less than 3 minutes, completing over 70% of your passes....not sure what more one could want.

Homer ballwasher, Belichik should have drafted Clay Mathews, time for him to retire. Hopefully they draft Andrew Luck a year early so they can replace Brady, he sucks.

Homer ballwasher, Belichik should have drafted Clay Mathews, time for him to retire. Hopefully they draft Andrew Luck a year early so they can replace Brady, he sucks.

LOL. One draft site had the Pats taking Jake Locker with a first round pick. :rofl:

Isn't this thread about a month late?

You are a complete idiot if you think you can gauge Bradys effort by the look you saw in his eyes. Taking the discussion in the direction you just did makes you even more foolish.
There is no anger in my response at all. Just a disdain for the idiocy of trying to make judgment about a players effort by something as stupid as the look yu saw in his eyes.

How stupid are you anyway? I mean really ! Did anyone say that Brady didn't want the game or gave it his best effort ? NO you arse ! What I have stated and others have stated is that he lost his focus and that is what people saw, people didn't see the fire, the guy chewing people out on the sidelines when things weren't going their way (see the Pitt game). People saw a QB who was ducking in the pocket for no reason when no one was near him, making uncharacteristic throws, walking his team up to the LOS during crunch time, letting the play clock completely run down during consecutive snaps when it was a clear 2-minute hurry-up situation during those last possessions. He was clearly confused and rattled at times. That was quite evident. Don't try to twist my words into saying that I felt like he didn't give it his best effort. Many, many have commented about his demeanor during that game, why can't you? Is that hard for you to admit and accept ?

Isn't this thread about a month late?

Actually it's more a "that time of the month" thread, except those who whine are always at that time of the month.

LOL. One draft site had the Pats taking Jake Locker with a first round pick. :rofl:

I have to be careful about this, apparently nothing is too stupid to be called "dumbassed."

That said, that site ain't too smahhrt.

How stupid are you anyway? I mean really ! Did anyone say that Brady didn't want the game or gave it his best effort ? NO you arse ! What I have stated and others have stated is that he lost his focus and that is what people saw, people didn't see the fire, the guy chewing people out on the sidelines when things weren't going their way (see the Pitt game). People saw a QB who was ducking in the pocket for no reason when no one was near him, making uncharacteristic throws, walking his team up to the LOS during crunch time, letting the play clock completely run down during consecutive snaps when it was a clear 2-minute hurry-up situation during those last possessions. He was clearly confused and rattled at times. That was quite evident. Don't try to twist my words into saying that I felt like he didn't give it his best effort. Many, many have commented about his demeanor during that game, why can't you? Is that hard for you to admit and accept ?

So true, you guys aren't saying he didn't want it, simply that he didn't want it that bad. And you can tell because you saw his face which tells you exactly what he was thinking, who could ever argue with that logic?

All I know is that Andrew Luck would have cared.

I think a blind man can see that Brady was rushed so badly in the game that when a DL got into the open to pressure Brady,Brady did not stop to wait for an open receiver,he just threw it on the ground to avoid the hit or on several attempts you could see the receivers back was turned to the ball because Brady threw it too early before the receiver got into his pattern.

Its easy to get Brady into a situation that makes him look mediocre...pressure and non stop pressure will do it almost every time and even some of the other top NFL QBs are the same way...once you do that,Brady panics and he is off his game all game....you can also blame the OL for 2 consecutive pieces of sh!t play in 2 playoff games the past 2 years...the OL should refund their playoff game check to Kraft for their performances in January of 10 and 11.

Brady is still a top QB but get pressure on him early and the Pats are in trouble.

Not neccesarily pertains to ALL top QBs..there are still some out there that scramble around pressure and make plays like Roethlisberger and guys that can run when the pressure is mounting like Vick.

Brady is,has been,and will always be a pure pocket passer...if that pocket gets small prematurely then Brady usually is toast.

Last edited:
Not neccesarily pertains to ALL top QBs..there are still some out there that scramble around pressure and make plays like Roethlisberger and guys that can run when the pressure is mounting like Vick.

Brady is,has been,and will always be a pure pocket passer...if that pocket gets small prematurely then Brady usually is toast.

And those QB's always turn the ball over more than Brady does, so while the argument can be made that his lack of speed and mobility is a hinderance against a good pass rush the idea that other QB's would actually be better can't. Teams always try to get pressure and Brady on every QB and Brady is still better than all of them despite his limitations, his ability to read defenses and pick them apart despite the rush makes him great, whereas others rely on getting away from it. I understand the argument you are making and on the face it make sense, but Roethlisberger and vick make far too many mistakes and aren't nearly as accurate as Brady is, and although they can get outside what happens when they do isn't always thre best result. teams are going to be spying Roethlisberger much more after the SB loss and it will be interesting to seehow he handles it.

And those QB's always turn the ball over more than Brady does, so while the argument can be made that his lack of speed and mobility is a hinderance against a good pass rush the idea that other QB's would actually be better can't. Teams always try to get pressure and Brady on every QB and Brady is still better than all of them despite his limitations, his ability to read defenses and pick them apart despite the rush makes him great, whereas others rely on getting away from it. I understand the argument you are making and on the face it make sense, but Roethlisberger and vick make far too many mistakes and aren't nearly as accurate as Brady is, and although they can get outside what happens when they do isn't always thre best result. teams are going to be spying Roethlisberger much more after the SB loss and it will be interesting to seehow he handles it.

Roethlisberger has taken his team to 2 Super Bowl victories already. He was a poor choice to use for an example, to say the least.

Roethlisberger has taken his team to 2 Super Bowl victories already. He was a poor choice to use for an example, to say the least.

He has played like crap in 2 of 3, so his mobility is vastly overrated as a plus.

Unless you agree with the argument the other poster was making there is no way to respond without addressing Roethlisberger and Vick, as those were his examples. And while it would be great if Brady could move like them I wouldn't swap QB's with either team. Mobile QB's simply aren't as accurate because mechanics tend to break down on the move, so there is always a trade off, and turnovers seem to be the measure of it. Some would trade more turnovers for more mobility, i wouldn't.

Ridiculous. Brady does not suck. He has had three bad playoff games in row and yes as Patriots fans of course we are disappointed, but come on. He is the league MVP. I don't care how bad he looks in the playoffs, to say he "sucks" is completely ridiculous.

He has played like crap in 2 of 3, so his mobility is vastly overrated as a plus.

:confused:

I can only assume you're kidding here. Roethlisberger has 2 SB rings and 3 SB appearances by age 28. If you want to use examples to prove your point, there are others. Roethlisberger harms your position, because his way is obviously working quite well for the Steelers.

:confused:

I can only assume you're kidding here. Roethlisberger has 2 SB rings and 3 SB appearances by age 28. If you want to use examples to prove your point, there are others. Roethlisberger harms your position, because his way is obviously working quite well for the Steelers.

When a poster makes an argument using Roethlisberger as the example it's impossible to ignore him in the response, and i'd take Brady over him and believe he has played like crap in 2 of his 3 SB's.

Ridiculous. Brady does not suck. He has had three bad playoff games in row and yes as Patriots fans of course we are disappointed, but come on. He is the league MVP. I don't care how bad he looks in the playoffs, to say he "sucks" is completely ridiculous.

Fair enough, he only sucks a little, but Belichik should still retire, he sucks too.

When a poster makes an argument using Roethlisberger as the example it's impossible to ignore him in the response, and i'd take Brady over him and believe he has played like crap in 2 of his 3 SB's.

Roethlisberger's played "like crap" in 1 Super Bowl. He's played well in another, and middling in the last one. Brady, meanwhile, who's the better overall QB, did essentially nothing in the first SB until the end, played excellent in SBs 2 and 3, and was pretty middling (to be kind) in his 4th.

Brady's postseason pass comp%

Roethlisberger's postseason pass comp%

Brady's postseason QB rating

Roethlisberger's postseason QB rating

Quit acting as if there's some bloody postseason chasm between them, because there isn't. Brady's failed to achieve even a 90 QB rating in his last 4 playoff games. Roethlisberger's had a 90+ and a 100+ rating in his last 4.

Brady since 2004:

Roethlisberger since 2004:

I think Brady's the GOAT. I think blaming his woes on the opponent's pass rush demonstrates a failure to understand the entirety of what's happened. I also think that Roethlisberger is a bad example to point to. He's a category of 1, and Brady's been decidedly mortal in his recent postseasons.

Roethlisberger's played "like crap" in 1 Super Bowl. He's played well in another, and middling in the last one. Brady, meanwhile, who's the better overall QB, did essentially nothing in the first SB until the end, played excellent in SBs 2 and 3, and was pretty middling (to be kind) in his 4th.

Brady's postseason pass comp%

Roethlisberger's postseason pass comp%

Brady's postseason QB rating

Roethlisberger's postseason QB rating

Quit acting as if there's some bloody postseason chasm between them, because there isn't. Brady's failed to achieve even a 90 QB rating in his last 4 playoff games. Roethlisberger's had a 90+ and a 100+ rating in his last 4.

Brady since 2004:

Roethlisberger since 2004:

I think Brady's the GOAT. I think blaming his woes on the opponent's pass rush demonstrates a failure to understand the entirety of what's happened. I also think that Roethlisberger is a bad example to point to. He's a category of 1, and Brady's been decidedly mortal in his recent postseasons.

Cropping the stats top fit your argument is pretty bogus and once again I'll say that there is no way to respond to a point using Roethlisberger as an example without addressing Roethlisberger. You apparently feel he's better than I do, that's simply the way it is. I'd take Brees or Rodgers as well as Brady and manning over him, and while that's not bashing him i'm sure it will be treated as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back