Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What would you do with Brady and Moss

• Trade them both after 2010, I'm pissed.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Keep Brady, Trade Moss. WR don't last forever.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • Keep Moss, Trade Brady.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep them both, let the offense play it out.

Votes: 76 63.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TFB is getting older....... who would be a better mentor than Tommy Three-fingers??????

This thread brings up a huge truth..... and Brady is not getting younger.

Yes, Brady would be a great mentor, but he still has atleast 5 years left in his career. Brady is going to finish his career as a Patriot. Now is definitely not the time to think of Brady's replacement, probably 3 years down the road is the time to start thinking of this.

Last edited:
Yes, Brady would be a great mentor, but he still has atleast 5 years left in his career. Brady is going to finish his career as a Patriot. Now is definitely not the time to think of Brady's replacement, probably 3 years down the road is the time to start thinking of this.

As mentioned before TFB gets a 3-5 year extension

-we sign Clausen (he has the best mentor)

Brady has 10 years of experience in the NFL and has 3 Superbowl Rings

Tommy made us the team of the decade and w/ all things considered from a business standpoint (I am looking towards the future)

Clausen at best will be picked 10th. I think he will fall much further down. I see a great business opportunity and a young talent and I want to acquire it. It is business. I love TFB and his glory that he earned and bestowed upon the Patriots, but it is time to go younger.

Brady should mentor Clausen who will fall in the 12-18 pick range imo. He might even fall further. I am all about business. TFB in 10 years has won 3 Super Bowls We have exhausted our resource and need to go cheaper.

No current QB can compare to Brady's SB Success.... but time still goes on and people even Godly like Tom Brady, do get older.

Last edited:

Tommy made us the team of the decade and w/ all things considered from a business standpoint (I am looking towards the future)

Clausen at best will be picked 10th. I think he will fall much further down. I see a great business opportunity and a young talent and I want to acquire it. It is business. I love TFB and his glory that he earned and bestowed upon the Patriots, but it is time to go younger.

Brady should mentor Clausen who will fall in the 12-18 pick range imo. He might even fall further. I am all about business. TFB in 10 years has won 3 Super Bowls We have exhausted our resource and need to go cheaper.

No current QB can compare to Brady's SB Success.... but time still goes on and people even Godly like Tom Brady, do get older.

First of all I think our pick will be somewhere in the high 20's in the 1st round and Clausen wont be around then. Even if he was the Pats have much more important positions that they need to address.

Brady has plenty of time left in his career. It is much to early to be thinking of his replacement. This isnt for atleast 3 more years.

Brady has another 5 years minimum.

This is a different era of quarterbacking- most quarterbacks take very good care of themselves year around and are on excellent diets and work out consistently. In this regard careers are extended..

We've come a long way since the red-meat throwers of the '80's whose idea of losing weight was hitting the sauna.

You know, I don't post all too often on this website, but this post, and this thread in general is one of the most absurd things I have ever read.

Harkdawg, you post here all the time, but your posts, especially this one, can at times come of as irrational, and not well thought out.

You say the Pats will sign Tom for another 3-5. That will be in the range of $15 mil per year. If they moved up and took Clausen, he would probably demand money in the range of 5-8 million depending on where he was chosen. By the time Brady's contract would expire, Clausen's would be as well, and having him mentoring under Brady will save the Pats no $$ as he will be looking for a big new contract.

Also, your theory on Brady being an exhausted resource is just ridiculous. Enough said.

Now, for all of the other posts in this thread, I really don't get them. Randy Moss is playing at an all-pro level right now, and Tom Brady, believe it or not, is still not completely back coming off last year's season ending knee injury. Moss may very well not be re-signed after 2010, but there is no question he is still a game changer. Wes Welker would not be having the success he is having if it were not for Moss.

So people, calm down. Take a breath.

The Pats have a one game lead in the division. All is not lost.

you sign a 3-5 pact just to get him to bite......
at 15 mil a yr w/e

one of those years would be cap free btw.....

when we feel it necessary to trade TFB.... off he goes to some other team.:)

I am making plenty of sense btw. I am looking at the future....... beyond just one or a few years.

This is chess not checkers:)

I have always had a man crush on TFB..... but I am a realist he cannot be the Farve type........ like Brett was to Green Bay (a symbol). We cannot make that same mistake.

Last edited:
[QUOTE

Also, your theory on Brady being an exhausted resource is just ridiculous. Enough said.

[/QUOTE]

what else do we need outta the MAN? He gave us 3 SB's.

he better not stick around like a BS symbol.

Farve Green Bay Cough Cough.......

Do you people realize that Tom Brady is a FREE AGENT after the 2010 season? He may be gone even if the Patriots DO want him back. That's the reason this came up, not because he's not great anymore. NOBODY is saying "Trade the bastard! He sucks!" We're just looking at the Eli Manning/Phillip Rivers contracts and raising an eyebrow. What's it gonna take to sign Brady? $20m a year? Oh great.

Let's trade a king for a king's ransom. Patrick Willis, two first-rounders, and a third rounder? Don't care how much you love Tom. That's a slam dunk to trade him. Don't say it isn't.

This is the scary, cold hard, truth. How do we know there is no team like the Knicks preparing for King James in 10' by dumping everyone they have for salary. What if some jackass team offered him for 25mil/year, its possible:eek:

It's not being a bandwagoner fan, its the truth. Do you honestly think Brady would stay if say, the browns, threw insane money at him?

[QUOTE

what else do we need outta the MAN? He gave us 3 SB's.

he better not stick around like a BS symbol.

Farve Green Bay Cough Cough.......[/QUOTE]

Okay, fair point, but Favre is 40, Brady is 32, there's a difference. Brady's arm is also a year less worked because of his injury.

Take this for example. Say, a country found a gigantic oil reserve. Would they stop drilling because they got a lot out of it, even though there was a still amount of oil still available?

Look, I don't want Brady hanging around like Favre did, but right now, he still gives us the best chance to win. And I don't think now is the time for the Patriots to draft his successor. I'd probably say that time would be four or five years down the road.

I would love for the patriots to draft Clausen.

He is the next Joey Harrington. Go ahead grab him, trade Brady doeet.

Really Favre would have been fine still playing in GB had he not done that I'm retired, not, retired, not, retired thing. He still has talent and that team would be good with him as well.

I want Brady to stay with the Pats for the life of his career. He is a Patriot, he's not another QB he is the QB for the Pats.

I expect Brady to be here for another 5 years. The alternative is that Brady will not be extended and will be gone before the 2010 season. Either Brady is part of the future or not. All signs point to him being part of the future.

When Brady is extended, there will be absolutely no need to secure a top rookie quarterback. Signing a top quarterback to be a backup for his full contract of 4-5 eyars makes no sense.

What makes sense to some of us is to have a veteran on the squad as the backup in case of a Brady injury. Belichick chooses not to take that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News