Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What would you do with Brady and Moss

• Trade them both after 2010, I'm pissed.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Keep Brady, Trade Moss. WR don't last forever.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • Keep Moss, Trade Brady.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep them both, let the offense play it out.

Votes: 76 63.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss wont be worth $10mil after 2010...I'll let Mo$$ finish here. He can teach new WRs a thing or two.

A long bomb in the 1st quarter is worthless when you need clutch plays to move down the field in 1:40 seconds for example for 3. Since Moss has arrived, Brady has lost the ability to work the field using whatever the defense gives him.

I want to keep Moss, but we need a comfortable 3rd WR, someone Brady havs no problem throwing too. I just don't like having obvious targets and the ball gets forced in obvious situations.

That's because of BRADY, not Moss.

As for the question at hand, no way we should trade Brady. As for Moss, I LOVE him and would love for him to spend the next 3+ years with the Pats and retire a Patriot, but he IS getting older and is expensive. If he loses a step, we shouldn't pay top dollar for him. Right now, even though he is getting paid handsomely, he is a top 5 Receiver in the NFL and worth every penny.

Re: Brady and Moss are UFA after 2010 so . . .

I wasn't judging him myself, I was just giving you a possible reason for why there is hate for him.

One play doesn't make a game, one game doesn't make a season sentiment is lost on those complaining about his play.

Yeah I realized that after the fact, sorry about that. You know, sometimes I'm shocked that players want to play in the Boston market... in ANY sport. We seem to eat our own pretty quickly, with David Ortiz the only exception that comes to my mind. I hate to do it, but I have to quote Rick Pitino here:

"I wish we could buy the world. We can't; the only thing we can do is work hard, and all the negativity that's in this town sucks. I've been around when Jim Rice was booed. I've been around when Yastrzemski was booed. And it stinks. It makes the greatest town, greatest city in the world, lousy."

It all depends on what Moss wants after 2010. He came here ostensibly for a championship, and if things aren't looking up, his price might go up (might as well cash in). If the Pats look like a genuine contender, all bets are off I think.

While this is a very deep QB year and we could trade up with two #2s for an interesting long term QB, I'm not going there. But it's viable to trade our two extra #2s for, say, Colt McCoy and trade Brady after next year.

You cannot trade a player who's not under contract.

EPIC FAIL.

You cannot trade a player who's not under contract.

EPIC FAIL.
Franchise Tag.

Until we know otherwise it's safe to assume there will be one. Anyway, it's hypothetical so you can take your EPIC FAIL and shove it.

Pay Charlie Weiss enough for him to come and run the offense and the offense will be fine.

After 2010 Moss wont be a #1 receiver. His role will change to a #2 or #3 WR. He wont be drawing double coverages anymore. He could definitely still be a productive WR in the NFL though. I think he will have to take a pay cut if he wants to stay in with the Pats, and I would love to see him retire a Patriot

You're asking a hypothetical based on a fundamentally flawed premise. Combine that with the nature of the hypothetical, and that's EPIC FAIL in my book.

Franchise Tag.

Until we know otherwise it's safe to assume there will be one. Anyway, it's hypothetical so you can take your EPIC FAIL and shove it.

(A) A franchised player can't be traded until he signs the tender. And, especially with Mrs. Bundchen's money, combined with the fact that the tender salary doesn't start flowing until the first week of the season anyways, I can't see Brady in particular being quick to sign the tender.
(B) There's only one tender. Unless the NFLPA decides to allow two franchise tags, at least one of them has to reach unrestricted free agency barring a renegotiation.
(C) Until there's a new CBA, there's not even a guarantee of a 2011 season.

Last edited:
Trading Brady is an idiotic idea, what the hell is wrong with you?

And, especially with Mrs. Bundchen's money.

Do you think the pre-nup favors Mr. Bundchen???? He had better be careful since she makes three times what he does.

A great case study is filmmaker Guy Ritchie who reportedly walked away with $90 million after only 8 years with Madonna. Brilliant, if you ask me.

Last edited:
A great case study is filmmaker Guy Ritchie who reportedly walked away with $90 million after only 8 years with Madonna. Brilliant, if you ask me.

But he did have to spend 8+ years with Madonna. . . .

You're asking a hypothetical based on a fundamentally flawed premise. Combine that with the nature of the hypothetical, and that's EPIC FAIL in my book.
Given that neither I, nor many others, would trade Brady, it's a technicality not worth getting off track on.

Having 2 of our top three players both UFA after next year and both getting older with large salaries, it is worthwhile to consider the options.

How dare we talk about Trading Brady..The guy has 4-5 great years left.

How dare we talk about Trading Brady..The guy has 4-5 great years left.
Only 2 out of 41 chose that (as of this post), I don't think that should be taken as a serious conversation about trading him.

I love Moss, but the team needs to invest more cap space in the defense. They need to look at younger free agents who can help them and high-end draft picks. Help is needed.

Brady is still a good QB. I'm not sure if he's the old Tom Brady, though. Without Moss we could have even more problems on offense. A lot rides on how well Brady & Co. perform next year. So far, I haven't seen the ****y, fiery Tom that we all knew pre-2008. Hard to say whether he can get that back.

we need a defence right now, thank god we have the chance to go 8-0 at home that in all honesty is our only hope right now

Brady is the only reason we're even 7-5 with this defense and why we have any kind of a shot to win some games in the playoffs.

Let Brady go and we're 5-11. Don't tell me about last year. The schedule was easy as hell (NFC West says hi) and the defense was better than it is now.

As it stands, Brady is on pace to have his 2nd best statistical year and is completing 65 percent of his passes.

2nd half offense has been a problem, but the defense is the bigger problem. You don't give up 300 yards to Chad Henne and expect to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back