PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bradshaw: Pats will fall back

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8537490/Brady's-injury-could-alter-course-of-'08-season

He does throw the deep ball pretty well and that should be OK with Randy Moss, but I don't know how that will work with Wes Welker.

But if they had any kind of worries this year, it would have been about teams that get after the quarterback based on what the Giants did to them in the Super Bowl. I thought they had pass protection issues.

I know they said it isn't that big of a deal, but I thought the Chiefs were coming after Brady pretty good and don't a lot of people think they are one of the worst teams in the league? I say they do have a protection problem based on what I saw Sunday

i thought these interesting observations. i also felt where welker had disappeared after brady went out.

Re: Bradshaw:pats will fall back

I can't believe that nobody thinks that hit was a cheap shot. How does anybody think they can make a tackle when their body is on the ground? Pollard gets up just enough to slam his helmet in Brady's leg. I hope someone calls Pollard out because that was exactly what happened to Carson Palmer back in the playoffs of '05. There needs to be some rule for QB's in the pocket because they are totally vurnerable to those hits on every play.

Of course I never imagined Brady getting injured as serious as he did, but I did find it odd that they were still running the same type of offense as they did last year. I was expecting a heavy ground game to take some pressure off of Brady and the O-line until Brady fully heals from that foot injury.

I disagree with Bradshaw's analysis that their pass protection was shaky today, I thought they did fine and wasn't the reason why Brady was injured.

As much as I couldn't stand Cassel, he stepped up and made the most out of his opprotunity. Whether we believed in Cassel or not, he is the Pats QB and the only thing we can do is believe in him now.

I'm really bummed out but I don't think the season is over. I said that exact thing when Bledsoe went down in 2001 and the Pats ended up winning the superbowl. Everyone on the Pats offense and defense is going to have to take their game to another level to help out Cassel.

Last edited:

I can't believe that nobody thinks that hit was a cheap shot. How does anybody think they can make a tackle when their body is on the ground? Pollard gets up just enough to slam his helmet in Brady's leg. I hope someone calls Pollard out because that was exactly what happened to Carson Palmer back in the playoffs of '05. There needs to be some rule for QB's in the pocket because they are totally vurnerable to those hits on every play.

You're right, I don't understand how lunging at someone's knee when you are on the ground is not a cheap shot. I don't think he meant to hurt Brady, but I do think he is a friggin idiot. He sucks and got knocked on his ass by Morris. Because of that suckiness the only move he had was to lunge at Brady's knee and in his mind that was ok.

Pollard may not be malicious or dirty but he's a friggin moron who just cost Brady a season.

Does it matter if it was a cheap shot? The damage is done. I'm afraid there's not going to be any justice here.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8537490/Brady's-injury-could-alter-course-of-'08-season

i thought these interesting observations. i also felt where welker had disappeared after brady went out.

Welker disappeared before Brady went out. So did Moss. Cassel reeled them back in...

FBN will be furious to think that Bradshaw thinks Cassel has a nice long ball. Bradshaw must have missed the 3rd down throw to Welker - probably focused on Farve tossing a hail mary around the same time.

Terry's just got a boner because with Brady out everyone else in contention in the AFC lost and the Steelers won...

Of course I never imagined Brady getting injured as serious as he did, but I did find it odd that they were still running the same type of offense as they did last year. I was expecting a heavy ground game to take some pressure off of Brady and the O-line until Brady fully heals from that foot injury.

I disagree with Bradshaw's analysis that their pass protection was shaky today, I thought they did fine and wasn't the reason why Brady was injured.

The pass protection was inconsistent, as it often is, some folks characterize that as shaky. Brady got knocked down just before he got knocked out. And Sammy was part of the pass protection, he was subbing for Faulk who probably wouldn't have let Pollard up to lunge at Brady.

BTW DeOssie said it wasn't a dirty hit as players define it. Of course he didn't think Wilfork's hit was either. But as Reiss said it would appear to be letter of the rule what the NFL prohibits in going after a QB below the knees... DeOssie agreed it probably does violate the rule and will likely merit a fine.

We suck and suck our balls

Let me clarify, I'm sure Pollard's intent was not to injury Brady but 99.9% of the time you can not tackle a standing person while lying on the ground. I think Pollard should have either get up just enough so where you can actually tackle a person or take the rest of the play off because he was lying on the ground with Morris after getting blocked.

Bottom line, that was a really stupid decision by Pollard and I'm sure he feels like complete s***.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference