PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Celtics vs Orlando Magic Series

Great win, the Celtics are looking better every game. Lets finish it off the next game and get ready for the Fakers.

I'm going out on the limb ... the homer limb

Celtics in 5 as Garnett brings his game up 1 more notch.

Sheesh how could I be so wrong so I will edit it below:

Edited Hindsight version

I'm going out on the limb ... the homer limb

Celtics in 4 as Rondo brings his game up 1 more notch.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
stan-kg.gif

The vaunted Celtics defense is well and truly back. Keep going Celts. Just 5 more wins.

It's all about Defense.

Doc has been consistent about that since Day One.

Not everyone on the team has been as consistent - but it's also tough to sustain that for an entire season. Whether by design or accident, this team that couldn't seem to play consistent D during the season seems like they finally "get it".

I think the embarrassing losses to Cleveland taught them what happens when they take a break on D - and I doubt we'll see any further lapses the rest of the way. That doesn't mean they'll win out the string but it IS what they need to do to close out this series and the next.

Very impressive. There is just no life in the Magic. They look like they don't even care anymore. I expect Van Guny will be answering questions about his job security after this one is over. Sweep 'em tomorrow night and then beat L.A.

Very impressive. There is just no life in the Magic. They look like they don't even care anymore. I expect Van Guny will be answering questions about his job security after this one is over. Sweep 'em tomorrow night and then beat L.A.

That's cuz Rondo RIP'D THEIAH HEAHTS OUT!! :bye2:

That's cuz Rondo RIP'D THEIAH HEAHTS OUT!! :bye2:

There's certain plays that just stay in our heads for eternity. A bird shot, the Brady fake ball behind the back against Jax, Orr's goal in OT, Fisk: say no more, Rondo scrambling, diving for the ball and scoring. Not that it was pretty or belongs with the ones mentioned, but what a dirt dog play!
I think we are seeing a future MVP playing right before our eyes. But hey, we should consider trading him straight up for that Kentucky guard.

Sebastian Telfair and Tony Delk are distant memories.

Primed - Ready - Locked & Loaded ... Bring it on Choad VanGundy. :D

Last edited:
lucky to be down just 4 after the half...they need to really realy finish this off today.

lucky to be down just 4 after the half...they need to really realy finish this off today.
Signed sealed and delivered, it's yours...

nelson is killing them in the game so far..nothing unlike the previous 3 games.

Interior rebounding was ****house tonight. That was the difference in the Magic winning and losing tonight. Might have thought at some point we'd shut down the diagonal pick and rolls.. but we didn't.

That was a more playoff worthy performance from the Magic but I can't help but feel disappointed that we let them win that.

Last edited:
Thud. Take it in Orlando.

Hopefully, I'm wrong, but I can see this series going to 7.
Let's hope we don't flatline like the Bruins...

Btw, that 4th quarter flub by Paul Pierce in one of his typical isos in the last few seconds was truly a dagger in the heart.
He looked exhausted by the beginning of the 4th. Wish they used Ray Allen in that situation or at least taken a timeout...

-Jamman

Last edited:
a close game win like that just gives them more confidence...damn them bruins for those fresh memories...

I can only watch the first 3 Quarters of the Celtics anymore....The 4th is so predictable I could bet on it and be right 100% of the time.....They run there offense in the first 3 Quarters and think they should stop with the Pick-N-Rolls, Stop hitting the open man off screens and just give the ball to Pierce and let him go to work.....Did we learn this offensive strategy from Mike Brown? We had a chance to win it in regulation and there were 3 guys watching Pierce at the 3 point line because they knew he wasn't going to pass the ball and was going to take the last shot.....This is getting old and ridiculous.....We need to keep moving the ball like we normally do the first 3 quarters and whoever is open takes the shot.....

The good news is we did play like garbage for the most part last night and orlando actually played well and it still took OT for them to barely beat us.....As much as I could say they have the momentum and could come back I just don't see it in this series......I believe we are a much better team peaking at the right time and will close this series out in the MAX 6 games.....

Due to my affection and appreciation for Paul Pierce and everything he's done for the Celts, I won't fully state my feelings on his current style of play and attitude. Let's just say, he needs to realize he's not the same player he was 5 years ago, and this isn't the same team.

You guys are nuts for summoning the Bruins playoff series. This baby is over in five.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back