PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Celtics vs Orlando Magic Series

My son and I laugh every timeout ... "Where on the court is Choad Van Gundy"

Can you find Choad Van Gundy? He's the little lunatic on the sideline.

I am sick of this guy ... I want this series over.

You guys are nuts for summoning the Bruins playoff series. This baby is over in five.

game 5 on the road will be hard to win. i will be surprised.iam hoping in 6 @home. thats our best chance.

Come on Celtics. Close it out tonight!

Sidenote - Stan Van Gundy looks like he should be working as a bowling alley manager as a bit part in Uncle Buck.

Edit - come on Celts. It's bloody obvious what pick and rolls they are running. Squash that Celtics!

Last edited:
I usually don't complain about the officiating but I am sick of it tonight.....The celts can't even blow on a ******* magic player but the magic can shove the celtics on lay up attempts and not get called......Get the **** out of the game officials and let the teams play.....****

I hope the league reviews this game....THE WORST ******* OFFICIATING GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!! Howard can dive into a defender with his shoulder and elbow every ******* play and the defender gets the foul???? Are you ******* serious.....I am so mad right now I would love to punch these ******* officials in there faces right now.....

I hope the league reviews this game....THE WORST ******* OFFICIATING GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!! Howard can dive into a defender with his shoulder and elbow every ******* play and the defender gets the foul???? Are you ******* serious.....I am so mad right now I would love to punch these ******* officials in there faces right now.....
It's been ridiculous and certainly slanted Orlando's way. I didn't realise attempting to make a play on the ball and both players bumping each other to get the ball could be a foul on the Celtics... repeatedly. The thing is the Celtics couldn't play much worse and are still in it.

Perkins technical and subsequent ejection was outrageous.

Last edited:
Yeah, absolutely horrible officiating.

On the bright side, 'Sheed hit a 3 and got a steal right after Perks got ejected.

game 5 on the road will be hard to win. i will be surprised.iam hoping in 6 @home. thats our best chance.

If the Magic force a Game 6, then I think they'll win it in 7. Boston has to end it tonight or they give a much younger Orlando team new life. Celtics gotta chase the Magic off the 3 point line like they did in the first three games. As I say that, of course, Barnes sinks a three.

Last edited:
And yeah, the officiating is horrible. No professional sport in the United States is as impacted by officiating as the NBA is. Magic by 12.

If the Magic force a Game 6, then I think they'll win it in 7. Boston has to end it tonight or they give a much younger Orlando team new life. Celtics gotta chase the Magic off the 3 point line like they did in the first three games. As I say that, of course, Barnes sinks a three.

Typical lousy officiating...
As I said before, this series will likely go to 7, and in that case, the Celtics will lose it.

First Hockey history, now we're making Basketball history.
Shoot me in the f@#$@ head....

-Jamman

Last edited:
Sorry, guys. I know you love the Celts but Paul Pierce fakes injuries out the wazoo. As someone who has had some serious shoulder problems, if Pierce's shoulder was as hurt as he made it out to be then his arm wouldn't have been in the position it was in (with his hand pointing upward). He also wouldn't have been able to have the trainer pull him up by that same arm, even if it was a minor stinger. He would be in agony.

I say this as a guy who actually likes Paul Pierce.

EDIT: "Paul Pierce is okay". Is anybody suprised? He probably just needed a breather.

Doc Rivers has got to write to the NBA about his officiating. It's absolutely disgusting.

Damn Magic have been pulling off some of the most remarkable three point hail mary shots.

Last edited:
Once again Pierce doesn't attempt to pass it and instead tries to put up a well defended Hail Mary three pointer. On top of that, Big Baby just got his lights dimmed so that's one more big body the Celts are without.

Two games in a row the Celtics have played downright stupid basketball. Looks like it's back to Boston with Orlando momentum. The Magic have simplified their game and are just doing the basics.

They just can't get closer than 7 points right now.. silly things like taking 3 point shots with nobody to rebound in the paint.

they will be without perkins and davis in game 6 which they have to win . they cant win game 7 in ord.:mad:

Sorry, guys. I know you love the Celts but Paul Pierce fakes injuries out the wazoo. As someone who has had some serious shoulder problems, if Pierce's shoulder was as hurt as he made it out to be then his arm wouldn't have been in the position it was in (with his hand pointing upward). He also wouldn't have been able to have the trainer pull him up by that same arm, even if it was a minor stinger. He would be in agony.

I say this as a guy who actually likes Paul Pierce.

I disagree - I've had mild shoulder issues for the past 5-6 years, and - including while playing basketball - I've had it instances where I felt a pop/slip and had about 15-30 seconds of blinding pain, but was generally good to go after.

That said, Pierce is a flopper, but I trust he was in pain b/c I've been there. I put my arm in the same position after whatever it is that happens to my shoulder happens.

Unfortunately, he's got bigger problems. He's played stupidly for a huge portion of the playoffs, only to be bailed out by Rondo. That isn't happening anymore.

they will be without perkins

they cant win game 7 in ord.

No they won't, one if not both technical fouls will be rescinded and Perkins will be starting.

Celtics will finish this in 6.

Also don't know where you're getting that "they can't" thought from, Celtics are at their best on the road. Getting very doom and gloom in here, yes the Magic won two games, a very close one and this horribly officiated/injury filled home game. It's a series just as everyone predicted but I see this ending at Boston.

Last edited:
No they won't, one if not both technical fouls will be rescinded.

Celtics will finish this in 6.

Also don't know where you're getting that "they can't" thought from, Celtics are at their best on the road. Getting very doom & gloomy in here, yes the Magic won two games, a very close one and this injury/horrible foul riddened home game. It's a series just as everyone predicted but I see this ending at Boston.

welll i admit i dont know the nba rules much..just gathered what i read. What the chances the techs get rescinded normally ?

they will be without perkins and davis in game 6 which they have to win . they cant win game 7 in ord.:mad:

Daniels is reported to have a concussion as well.
I'd love to put a guy like Scalabrine into the game just to take a hard elbow at Howard. Let him feel what it's like...

-Jamman

Last edited:
welll i admit i dont know the nba rules much..just gathered what i read. What the chances the techs get rescinded normally ?

They're all treated individually and it's pretty clear the second one was in no way worthy of the call, with the first one being arguable as well.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back