PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges: Is age biggest obstacle for the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Borges:Is Age biggest obstacle for the pats ?

Borges? Thanks, I missed my hemorrhoids and your posting this source brings back that special bond we had.

Many reports I read have Bruschi moving well, his best in years. Borges said we were both too young and too old. Which is it?

I will never open a link to that tool or tomasssssssseeee..
Nor will I.

WEEI 850AM Sports Radio - Is Age Biggest Obstacle For Pats?

has some interesting quotes from scouts around the league.
No one should ever be fooled into thinking that this guy will ever write anything which is not agenda driven. He lives for the day when the Patriots lose every game and Belichick is humiliated beyond imagination. He's the ultimate cheater - a proven plagiarist, not once, but twice. See ya.

I think Broges is spot on with this story. How much better and diffirent does the D look with Mayo and K. Dansby at LB? Dansby went one pick after Watson. I think the Pats went way too long without drafting LBs and DBs on the first day of the draft.

Way too many guys are running great times at the combine. That speed is going to show itself on the field on sundays. 35 year old LB don't have that type of speed.

I think Broges is spot on with this story. How much better and diffirent does the D look with Mayo and K. Dansby at LB? Dansby went one pick after Watson. I think the Pats went way too long without drafting LBs and DBs on the first day of the draft.

Way too many guys are running great times at the combine. That speed is going to show itself on the field on sundays. 35 year old LB don't have that type of speed.

How come he didn't write it until Miami U came to town then... He's also talking about youngsters who haven't seen the field yet because BB doesn't kneejerk rush guys into his defense. And it's not like Brady isn't coming back ever...

The old glee and old Raider Wrong seeping through, that's all...

Wants Cassel to do go vertical too because Drew used to and nothing bad ever happens when you sling it, and dink and dunk never won anything... :rolleyes:

How come he didn't write it until Miami U came to town then... He's also talking about youngsters who haven't seen the field yet because BB doesn't kneejerk rush guys into his defense. And it's not like Brady isn't coming back ever...

The old glee and old Raider Wrong seeping through, that's all...

Wants Cassel to do go vertical too because Drew used to and nothing bad ever happens when you sling it, and dink and dunk never won anything... :rolleyes:

THanks for saving me from clicking on the link

my question is how come borges is not hired as VP of operation by kraft.he can shake it up big time.
while at it they should fire BB and get herm edwards he is great TV and fans will love us running all the time and not getting 1 first down as he was trying to establish the run.

35 year old LB don't have that type of speed.

Would it be crazy to believe that Guyton will start over Bruschi later this year?
(Just a reach)

Would it be crazy to believe that Guyton will start over Bruschi later this year?
(Just a reach)
Don't reach too far, Gary is learning and could indeed see an increase in playing time as the season progresses and the coaches look to save Tedy's twinkle toes for the playoffs.

Borges ticks me off as much as anyone. However I relunctantly think he has a point here. When I take my homer glasses off and see other teams with highly aggressive defenses like the Giants, Eagles, and Titans and compare them to the Patriots the one thing that continously stands out is how much faster they seem to be. Those teams just seem to fly, while the Pats defense seems lethargic and slow. I hope Borges is wrong because this could end up being a long season if he is right. Last time I checked age is not something correctable with a bye week.

Borges ticks me off as much as anyone. However I relunctantly think he has a point here. When I take my homer glasses off and see other teams with highly aggressive defenses like the Giants, Eagles, and Titans and compare them to the Patriots the one thing that continously stands out is how much faster they seem to be. Those teams just seem to fly, while the Pats defense seems lethargic and slow. I hope Borges is wrong because this could end up being a long season if he is right. Last time I checked age is not something correctable with a bye week.
All three are examples of an opposite style of play from the Patriots defense. BB wants a gap control defense - which requires larger, stronger players - the three examples cited prefer penetrating, disruptive defenses. BB drafted Mayo, Wheatley, Crable, O'Connell, Wilhite, and Slater in the first five rounds - all amongst the fastest for their positions in this draft. He covets speed too, unlike Borges, he's capable of looking at other dimensions of the game.

Since 2000, the Giants have won one SB and been schizophrenic, the Eagles have been more consistent, but not to the same degree the Pats have been, and the Titans have been and gone and are trying to climb back. I'll take the Pats record over that time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back