PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges: Condon puts Pats on call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Averaging 75 catches and 1,200 yards per year over the last two years. 77 catches for 1448 and 11Tds under McDaniels in 2010. These numbers are comparable or better than VJax and Wallace.

What was your point again?

Interesting, so he had one bust out year in his 9 year career (which was 2 years ago in a wreckless, gun-slinging offense lead by "chuck it at will" Jay 40 interception Cutler. What happened last year in a very good Rams offense? With a very good QB ? Looks like the production decreased even if you average in the 11 games played.

I would take VJax or Wallace over him in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Interesting, so he had one bust out year in his 9 year career (which was 2 years ago in a wreckless, gun-slinging offense lead by "chuck it at will" Jay 40 interception Cutler. What happened last year in a very good Rams offense? With a very good QB ? Looks like the production decreased even if you average in the 11 games played.

He played with 2 teams and 4 different QB's last season, Tebow, Freeley, Clemens and Bradford. Only 5 or 6 games with Bradford I believe.

70rec 966yds 5tds, I consider those great numbers with the team changes and rotation at QB.

Last edited:

This is a joke, right? On what planet are Bradford and the Rams offense "very good"?

Pats fans better face this inalienable fact. The Pats ARE NOT going to invest 16-20% of their limited cap resources on 2 WRs. Its just NOT going to happen. I'm thinking that the only way the Pats will be able to sign a FA WR the quality of Lloyd is if they get Welker signed to a long term deal which would significantly lower is cap number in the first 2 years of deal.

If I had to put a number on it, I think $12MM would be the Maximum the Pats would spend on the WR position as far as cap space goes for this season.....and that's being optimistic. The real number is probably closer to $10MM

Oddly they spent more than 3 or 4 years ago to sign Moss and Welker and Stallworth and then to keep Moss and Welker together, and still had room for guys like Gaffney and Galloway and others. The cap in 2008 when Randy got his $9M deal was $117M. And it wasn't projected to go up much - as it will in 2014 - because the owners had already voted to opt out of the CBA. If the cap is $120M or more and the Pats adjusted cap is $124M they can spend at least $15M or so on WR's comfortably and it won't be a problem - provided they are productive, unlike say Ocho. And by WR's I'm not even including guys who are core ST players...they can afford a couple of them, too.

This is a joke, right? On what planet are Bradford and the Rams offense "very good"?

Not to mention on what planet was Cutler playing for Denver in 2010, too...

We get lots of alternate universe patsfans posting here.

Interesting, so he had one bust out year in his 9 year career (which was 2 years ago in a wreckless, gun-slinging offense lead by "chuck it at will" Jay 40 interception Cutler.

Orton was the QB in Denver the year before last, not Cutler.

What happened last year in a very good Rams offense? With a very good QB ? Looks like the production decreased even if you average in the 11 games played.

The Rams played their first 5 games without Lloyd. Their point totals were:

I'm not sure what NFL decade you're looking at, but in the current decade, 10.6 ppg is not a good offense even in non-lockout seasons.

...I would take VJax or Wallace over him in a heartbeat.

There's nothing wrong with your opinion, since their are perfectly legitimate reasons to have concerns about Lloyd. The reasons you put forth in your post, though, were garbage.

Last edited:

Clueless are we, his big year was with Josh McDaniels as the HC and Orton @ QB when he put up the 77 @ 18.3, (So Josh McD has a reckless gunslinging O, maybe you should tell BB so he can get rid of him....:rolleyes:

last year he was in Denver w early T Tebow and then with the Rams who scored the lowest # of points in the league, he had 3 games with K Clemens (!), 1 w AJ Feely and 1 with Bradford. The game with Bradford their first together since he wasn't with the team before Bradford missed a bunch of games with an injury... Lloyd had 5 catches for 82 yds in a game where Bradford had a 49 passer rating.

:singing:

Not even a good comparison. Lloyd is not going to demand the same length of contract or amount of money as either of these two. I'd love to have either of these two of Lloyd too, but we just tied up 9.5 million at WR four days ago for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft