PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boom!!! In 3AM Saturday Morning Tweet Jerry Rice Falls on His Sword

Looking like the NFL may have jumped the shark with Deflategate.

And I think it all began back in 1997 when the arrogant Rats tampered with Bill Parcells as if the Pats didn't matter.

Looking like the NFL may have jumped the shark with Deflategate.

And I think it all began back in 1997 when the arrogant Rats tampered with Bill Parcells as if the Pats didn't matter.

Jumping the shark would be if the NFL started using a glowing football.

This is more like the NFL thought they could get away with playing favorites....And it was working until they got greedy and it turned out that their co-conspirators were imbeciles with dirty hands.

What did Joe know and when did he know it?

What did Joe know and when did he know it?

He knew the first time when the ball came back with some sticky stuff on it.

I want to know when they are taking away his 2 rings.

58937282.jpg

I assune this is posted here somewhere, but 1:15 rice says it might have been a little illegal...Damn right. stickum was banned in 1981 and rice admits using it, i assume his whole career, which started in 85.

So, all those records invalidated? this isn't some abstract taping or psi for balls, he set records by putting glue on his gloves to make catches.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12183975

Can someone tweet cris carter asking if he used stickem like jerry rice said everyone did?

Even the giants are after him

http://www.giants101.com/2015/02/07...g-days/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Over the years whenever I hear rice, I hear a jealous and petty man. He always assumes no one can ever ever do anything better than him. He berated moss everytime because moss refused to bow down and call him greatest .I didnt even know about the OBJ catch criticism.

"Back in my day we used to use those scuba diving gloves. Gloves just give you a different feel for the ball. I had 1,549 receptions and 22, 895 yards. If I had the gloves they have today I think everything would’ve doubled."

Soooooo he had a 50% drop rate?

Seriously, though, how did we never know he was this dumb until now?

I know there's a lot of these, but this one is pretty good I think.

We need someone with photoshop skills to make a Jerry Rice picture with balls sticking all over him.

Last edited:
If Jerry Rice is a former Patriot he is now calling Gitmo home.

Interesting summation by Curran except it treats Rice a bit too much like a victim. If he had kept his arrogant-ass mouth shut and not thrown shade at the Pats, I'd be feeling sorrier for his "legacy" getting ripped to shreds. As it stands now, I am pointing and laughing at this ridiculous mud fight between all these crybabies. All that matters to me is the Patriots. The rest of the NFL can stick it far up their asses.

Rice is a victim. A victim of his own arrogance and self righteousness. Yes, he is collateral damage in all of this, but all the damage was self inflicted.

I am sad for the fact that his legacy is tarnished. But not for him, but for me. I used to admire Jerry Rice. Now I don't. I still think he is the greatest WR to play the game*, but I will never get over that by his own standards that he placed on Tom Brady and the Pats that his legacy is tarnished by cheating.

Last edited:
Montana came out looking bad as well. He always thought he was untouchable till brady came along.

"Joe, you think anyone would notice?"

B7M6XEaCYAAyAf5.png

Of course Albert Breer had to add his own snarkyism to the debate:

Apparently DeflateGate has reared a referendum on every rule broken ever.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/564190336931872768

No Bert, it has reared a referendum on rules broke by players and coaches who are blasting the Patriots for allegations that have not been proven when they have cheating of their own in the past.

Of course Albert Breer had to add his own snarkyism to the debate:

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/564190336931872768

No Bert, it has reared a referendum on rules broke by players and coaches who are blasting the Patriots for allegations that have not been proven when they have cheating of their own in the past.

Translation: Apparently all of us accusing the Patriots of being cheaters and liars over nothing has made Patriot fans think they can call actual cheaters "cheaters" without working at a television network.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back