PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think part of it had to do with the fact that the Colts were playing in the nickle the whole game due to their linebacker injuries. He was in coverage a lot because of this and wasn't involved with the running game near as much as he normally would be.

YOu mean the guy beaten on both the Moss and Stallworth long passes that set up the 4th quarter TDs?
Nah, they can keep him.

Asking him to cover Moss wasn't his fault, I can't think of too many players that would win that matchup.

As for the Stallworth catch, he was playing a zone and had a guy coming up the seam to worry about. He played the defense.

Sometimes the other team makes plays. He did have 5 solo tackles, an interception and a pass defensed.

I think part of it had to do with the fact that the Colts were playing in the nickle the whole game due to their linebacker injuries. He was in coverage a lot because of this and wasn't involved with the running game near as much as he normally would be.

Thats exactly why he is overrated. If you play a system that sets him up to make plays and he makes them he isnt great because of that.
When he played 'normal safety' for a game he was invisible.

By the way, you didn't play nickel because of LB injuries, you played it because it was the scheme you chose to play against our offense. We did the same against yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes