PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Ryan with Mike Francesa: says Brady has lost arm strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
CBS Podcast Player

Listening to bob ryan..seems like we have little chance...says brady's arm strength is not same etc etc..

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Bob Ryan with Mike Francesa

CBS Podcast Player

Listening to bob ryan..seems like we have little chance...says brady's arm strength is not same etc etc..

It's fun watching analyst after analyst sell out on Brady. This is a crucial game for him though. Come on Tom, Shut the bastards up!

CBS Podcast Player

Whenever Ryan goes national (which is often), he always goes way out of his way not to present as the Boston homer. He's been doing that for years. My personal opinion is that he also is very likely less fond of the Patriots than the other local teams.

...says brady's arm strength is not same etc etc..

That's such garbage. Did he not see the Denver game? Brady had a few outside strikes in that game that seemed as hard as he's ever thrown a ball.

Whenever Ryan goes national (which is often), he always goes way out of his way not to present as the Boston homer. He's been doing that for years..

I agree and I don't understand why he does that. He goes so far the opposite way. This one is ridiculous....Brady "losing arm strength" is just an embarrassing comment for Ryan to make.

Whenever Ryan goes national (which is often), he always goes way out of his way not to present as the Boston homer. He's been doing that for years. My personal opinion is that he also is very likely less fond of the Patriots than the other local teams.

I don't know why our local press feels they have to pander to the nationals and its not only that. They all seem to be more than eager to join in the "how to stop the Pats" themes that seem to be dominating. How many "How to stop the Giants" discussion have you seen?

Ryan's a passionate Hockey guy, I don't care for his football analysis, personally.

He doesn't pander to the national fans, they actually get his true feelings. When he is local, he panders to the local fans.

Ryan is a talented writer and a media legend around here. He's also as classic a media guy as there has ever been, and he always has been. Doc Rivers is the media's best friend and as such he can do no wrong in Bob's eyes. Bill is the opposite and as such Ryan is writing about spygate 4 years later during Super Bowl week.

And just in case you think this is new, when Dave Gavitt was running the Celtics into the ground and saying things like he plays golf rather than work the phones in the off-season because mosts of the phone calls with other GMs lead nowhere, Ryan was defending him to no end. After all, Dave always took Bob's calls and frequently hung out with him. That alone was enough to make Dave a basketball genius.

Last edited:

Ryan's a passionate Hockey guy, I don't care for his football analysis, personally.
You mean basketball guy.
Bob started loosing his marbels a while ago. When he said he wanted to slap Jason Kidds wife, it was the begining of the end for him. At this point he is runing on empty.
He is an opinion giver. He can be good at when senility doesn't get int he way. Unfortunately, it is getting more and more in the way with every passing day.

Last edited:

not the same? Like it's gotten stronger? :confused: he couldn't possibly be implying that his arm strength has gone down...classic case of "I've got nothing else so let me just toss an idea against the wall and see if it sticks". Oh Lordy, Sunday can't come soon enough!

The Patriots are easily one of the most likeable teams I've ever seen in pro sports.

What's not to like?

Ryan was born in Jersey and went to prep school there before going to BC. I smell a Giants fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News