Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bob Kraft

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by rookBoston, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookBoston

rookBoston Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

Couple of thoughts after watching Kraft on ESPN Video: Robert Kraft on SportsCenter - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

(1) This off-season has put Kraft over the top among the influential leaders in the NFL, with the role he played in the labor negotiations. He has never been treated with this kind of reverence by the national media. I would even suggest perhaps he's more influential than Goodell at this point-- certainly more widely respected.

(2) He looks old, more beaten down than I ever remember him. The last six months have not been kind, and I wonder if Myra's death hasn't taken a few years off of him. Take care of yourself Mr Kraft, we're counting on you!
  2. livinginthe past

livinginthe past Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Yep, Bob Kraft appeared to be the only owner with the right combination of influence coupled with a moderate, accomodating attitude.

We are lucky to have him.
  3. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +577 / 1 / -3

#75 Jersey

Two takeaways from that video:

1) Bob Kraft has aged a bit in the past few months. Even before this interview, he has been looking more wan and thinner. I pray he finds some measure of peace with this terrible loss.

2) Did anyone else parse those words about Moss? Wow, if BB said those words, I'd be saying they have him on speed dial!
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  4. jBru

jBru Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Greatness in the NFL is equal parts a sustained record of excellence, and executing in key moments. This applies to owners as well.

Kraft previously had the former. This labor dispute provided him with the latter. Absent future negatives, Robert Kraft will wind up in Canton.
  5. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +174 / 2 / -8

#50 Jersey

Bob Kraft is a tremendous gift to all of us. The great thing is that his son Jonathan is completely capable of continuing the excellence in the way the Rooneys and the Maras have maintained excellence over the years.
  6. NinjaZX6R

NinjaZX6R Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

+1.

Unlike the idiot family that runs the Bengals (not Paul Brown though, his idiot son and his idiot granddaughter)
  7. groundgame

groundgame Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.