PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookBoston

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Couple of thoughts after watching Kraft on ESPN Video: Robert Kraft on SportsCenter - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

(1) This off-season has put Kraft over the top among the influential leaders in the NFL, with the role he played in the labor negotiations. He has never been treated with this kind of reverence by the national media. I would even suggest perhaps he's more influential than Goodell at this point-- certainly more widely respected.

(2) He looks old, more beaten down than I ever remember him. The last six months have not been kind, and I wonder if Myra's death hasn't taken a few years off of him. Take care of yourself Mr Kraft, we're counting on you!

Yep, Bob Kraft appeared to be the only owner with the right combination of influence coupled with a moderate, accomodating attitude.

We are lucky to have him.

Couple of thoughts after watching Kraft on ESPN Video: Robert Kraft on SportsCenter - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

(1) This off-season has put Kraft over the top among the influential leaders in the NFL, with the role he played in the labor negotiations. He has never been treated with this kind of reverence by the national media. I would even suggest perhaps he's more influential than Goodell at this point-- certainly more widely respected.

(2) He looks old, more beaten down than I ever remember him. The last six months have not been kind, and I wonder if Myra's death hasn't taken a few years off of him. Take care of yourself Mr Kraft, we're counting on you!

Two takeaways from that video:

1) Bob Kraft has aged a bit in the past few months. Even before this interview, he has been looking more wan and thinner. I pray he finds some measure of peace with this terrible loss.

2) Did anyone else parse those words about Moss? Wow, if BB said those words, I'd be saying they have him on speed dial!

Last edited:
Greatness in the NFL is equal parts a sustained record of excellence, and executing in key moments. This applies to owners as well.

Kraft previously had the former. This labor dispute provided him with the latter. Absent future negatives, Robert Kraft will wind up in Canton.

Bob Kraft is a tremendous gift to all of us. The great thing is that his son Jonathan is completely capable of continuing the excellence in the way the Rooneys and the Maras have maintained excellence over the years.

Bob Kraft is a tremendous gift to all of us. The great thing is that his son Jonathan is completely capable of continuing the excellence in the way the Rooneys and the Maras have maintained excellence over the years.

+1.

Unlike the idiot family that runs the Bengals (not Paul Brown though, his idiot son and his idiot granddaughter)

Couple of thoughts after watching Kraft on ESPN of reverence by the national media. I would even suggest perhaps he's more influential than Goodell at this point-- certainly more widely respected.

I don't know about more influential, but Roger Goodell and Robert Kraft have common ground in that they are both passionate about their teams: The Jets (RG) and the Patriots (RK).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News