PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blecker is at it again, defending the wall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't sure where to post this, as I didn't want to create a new thread. But a current thread with "defend the wall" in the title seemed appropriate.

Interesting video on the difference between skeptics and bigots (called deniers in the film). It's called The 5 Characteristics of Science Denial. The 5 characteristics have a mnemonic FLICC, and the NFL is guilty of promulgating all five:

False Experts - aka Exponent
Logical Fallacies - including misrepresentation, red herrings and jumping to conclusions (need I say more?)
Impossible Expectations - aka integrity of the shield, CBA gives limitless authority to Commish
Cherry Picking - lol, where to begin: Deflator, non-logo gauge, measurement of colt's balls
Conspiracy theory - scheme by TB, J and McN to deflate balls

Jumping to conclusions without examining evidence is the province of those that still believe the Patriots and Brady are guilty and deserving of punishment.

The NFL's case is weak. Thus the leaps of logic and outrageously adverse inferences in the Wells Report (there are no lies in the Wells Report and the report itself gives almost no weight to the Exponent findings, which you would know if you had actually read it). Kessler wouldve been forced to turn to the same tortured reasoning to earn his fee.

No lies? You sure about that? Because I'm pretty sure that they have the ESPN report in that had the lies about what the PSI were.

The reason the Wells report gives almost no weight to the Exponent findings is because they actually SUPPORT the IGL. You'd know if you'd actually read it.

Harvard is a good law school. New York Law School is not. The Oberman prize is sort of like winning an award for being the best left-footed long snapper in the NFL. It's not really that impressive in and of itself, but you are in the NFL, which is more than a lot of people can say.

New York Law School, according to USA Today's School Rankings, is tied with 11 other schools at #111 out of 149. They also didn't publish the rankings for 76 other law schools..

Your condescension of the Irving Oberman Memorial Prize makes me wonder if you know anything about it..

Though Blecker is a Professor at NYLS, he was a Fellow at Harvard previously.
We also shouldn't ignore that Blecker is a former Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of NY and NY State Office of Special Corruption prosecutor.

But yeah, let's listen to you and @letekro about his qualifications because you two are the bee's knees when it comes to critiquing the credentials of a lawyer..

I'm waiting for you two to start complaining about Steph Stradley since she's a blogger..

No lies? You sure about that? Because I'm pretty sure that they have the ESPN report in that had the lies about what the PSI were.

I am 99% sure of that. Why dont you prove me wrong by providing a single example.

New York Law School, according to USA Today's School Rankings, is tied with 11 other schools at #111 out of 149. They also didn't publish the rankings for 76 other law schools..

Your condescension of the Irving Oberman Memorial Prize makes me wonder if you know anything about it..

We also shouldn't ignore that Blecker is a former Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of NY and NY State Office of Special Corruption prosecutor.

But yeah, let's listen to you and @letekro about his qualifications because you two are the bee's knees when it comes to critiquing the credentials of a lawyer..

I'm waiting for you two to start complaining about Steph Stradley since she's a blogger..

Since you are apparently Blecker's official biographer, please tell me all about how competitive and impressive it is to win the Oberman Memorial Prize. You can start by telling me how many other papers were submitted besides Blecker's.

I'm glad Brady has an amicus on his side. Blecker certainly has impressive credentials compared with the average lawyer, but not compared with top legal scholars and lawyers. Also death penalty advocacy scholarship isnt exactly cutting edge. In fact, it is based on stone-age ideology.

If you believe you have a cane in hell of this being decided in Brady's favor, you're delusional. The handwriting is on the wall my friends. The 'deliberations' are being done at a Manhatten Men's Club over Cuban cigars and 50 year old Scotch provided by the NFL and Woody Johnson. The Pats & Kraft are the laughing stock of the NFL at this point. An owner without a backbone and a team that has been 'played' like no other because the league can do it with impunity it seems.

Yes, we all know that lying to judges is such a great strategy. (Do I need a sarcasm tag?)

The reason the Wells report gives almost no weight to the Exponent findings is because they actually SUPPORT the IGL. You'd know if you'd actually read it.
Um, the Exponent portion of the Wells Report concluded:

"we conclude that within the range of game characteristics most likely to have occurred on Game Day, we have identified no set of credible environmental or physical factors that completely account for the additional loss in air pressure exhibited by the Patriots game balls as compared to the loss in air pressure exhibited by the Colts game balls measured during halftime of the AFC Championship Game."

They acknowledge the existence of the IGL, but they say the IGL doesn't explain the entire difference. Furthermore, the Wells Report mentions Exponent's results several times and gives it a lot of weight. It is a corrupt lawyer seeking a pre-determined result referencing a corrupt study that gave him the result he paid for.

For someone who criticized others for not reading the Wells Report, you sure don't seem terribly familiar with it yourself.

Last edited:
Um, the Exponent portion of the Wells Report concluded:

"we conclude that within the range of game characteristics most likely to have occurred on Game Day, we have identified no set of credible environmental or physical factors that completely account for the additional loss in air pressure exhibited by the Patriots game balls as compared to the loss in air pressure exhibited by the Colts game balls measured during halftime of the AFC Championship Game."

They acknowledge the existence of the IGL, but they say the IGL doesn't explain the entire difference. Furthermore, the Wells Report mentions Exponent's results several times and gives it a lot of weight. It is a corrupt lawyer seeking a pre-determined result referencing a corrupt study that gave him the result he paid for.

For someone who criticized others for not reading the Wells Report, you sure don't seem terribly familiar with it yourself.

Layers of Irony in here. Wells gives the Exponent finding MINIMAL weight in the Report and says that even disregarding the results entirely, the texts and other "evidence" are sufficient to support his conclusion. The specific page cite is in the oral argument thread. The misinformation would be minimized if everyone just read the 10 page conclusion of the wells report.

Layers of Irony in here. Wells gives the Exponent finding MINIMAL weight in the Report and says that even disregarding the results entirely, the texts and other "evidence" are sufficient to support his conclusion. The specific page cite is in the oral argument thread. The misinformation would be minimized if everyone just read the 10 page conclusion of the wells report.

What exactly are you arguing? That Wells is a smart lawyer? Of course he is. That's why he gets paid so well. He's too smart to word things in a way to get caught in a lie, but his report is full of deception. It is totally dishonest. Exponent's work was a major part of the report, 100 of the 243 pages. It was a major part of the media coverage and Goodell's ruling as Wells intended it to be.

Wells is a sleazy scumbag. He has argued on the side of big tobacco, for the NFL against the connection to concussions and now deflategate. He may not be technically lying because of how he chooses his words, but he's dishonest and defends lies... many of which have been very harmful. He's the guy you look to when you are corrupt and wrong and are trying to spin the truth. He sold his soul for money a long time ago.

Since you are apparently Blecker's official biographer, please tell me all about how competitive and impressive it is to win the Oberman Memorial Prize. You can start by telling me how many other papers were submitted besides Blecker's.

Typical jackass reaction. Nothing I posted isn't readily available to anyone who bothered to look. Clearly you are just butt hurt that someone had the audacity to stand up to your blathering on the subject..

I'm glad Brady has an amicus on his side. Blecker certainly has impressive credentials compared with the average lawyer, but not compared with top legal scholars and lawyers. Also death penalty advocacy scholarship isnt exactly cutting edge. In fact, it is based on stone-age ideology.

You clearly don't know a damn thing about Blecker other than some contrived BS based on skimming his bio. If you did any sort of reading into him, you'd know that his death penalty advocacy is for only certain cases. Not every case. And no, it's not based on "stone-age ideology". He's made it a point to keep up with the times.

So, please, just stop with your garbage rhetoric. You claiming you're glad that Brady had an Amicus on his side is BS. You've done nothing but berate Blecker since day 1.

Only someone who has no clue what they are talking about would claim that the misinformation would be minimized if everyone just read the 10 page conclusion. Why? Because the entire conclusion was misinformation. ALL OF IT. From the conclusions that a conspiracy occurred, to the idea that the texts supported a conspiracy, to the idea that it is possible for single person to be able to let the air half a psi of air out of 12 footballs in under 100 seconds and then stuff them back into the bag, to the idea that no one saw McNally take the footballs out of the officials locker-room despite there being 10 officials, numerous NFL Commissioner office people, and NFL security people inside and directly outside the Officials locker-room.

Typical jackass reaction. Nothing I posted isn't readily available to anyone who bothered to look. Clearly you are just butt hurt that someone had the audacity to stand up to your blathering on the subject..

Typical moronic deflection from the pink hat fanboy.

I've already made my views about the Oberman prize very clear. Since you have obviously researched your man-crush exhaustively, please tell me how many other student papers his beat out for the prize.

Typical moronic deflection from the pink hat fanboy.

I've already made my views about the Oberman prize very clear. Since you have obviously researched your man-crush exhaustively, please tell me how many other student papers his beat out for the prize.

As an authority of the Oberman prize, why don't you educate us on the process of how the award winners are chosen.

I don't think anyone is going to claim that Blecker is one of the country's most renowned attorneys, but he's no joke either. As a Patriots fan, I'm glad he's challenging the NFL's nonsense as a third party and bringing their deception to light. No other attorney is.

As an authority of the Oberman prize, why don't you educate us on the process of how the award winners are chosen.

7 topic areas are announced each year. Usually there is one faculty reviewer per topic area. Students who want to compete for the whopping $1,000 prize and the great prestige that the award will bring on Patriots message boards can voluntarily submit a paper that addresses any 1 of the 7 topics.

The faculty member reviews all the submitted papers in his or her assigned topic area (hint, hint, faculty members ordinarily do not want to review dozens of random student papers in addition to their other teaching and research-related obligations, so we are talking about a very small number of submissions in each topic) and picks his or her favorite. Seven winners are announced, one in each topic, and each wins the $1,000 and the prestige.

Last edited:
Only someone who has no clue what they are talking about would claim that the misinformation would be minimized if everyone just read the 10 page conclusion. Why? Because the entire conclusion was misinformation. ALL OF IT. From the conclusions that a conspiracy occurred, to the idea that the texts supported a conspiracy, to the idea that it is possible for single person to be able to let the air half a psi of air out of 12 footballs in under 100 seconds and then stuff them back into the bag, to the idea that no one saw McNally take the footballs out of the officials locker-room despite there being 10 officials, numerous NFL Commissioner office people, and NFL security people inside and directly outside the Officials locker-room.

What is your point? That the conclusions in the Wells Report are poorly reasoned? That the evidence is not compelling? Well, who here is arguing that? I was responding to another poster that mischaracterized Wells's reliance on the Exponent experiments.

What is your point? That the conclusions in the Wells Report are poorly reasoned? That the evidence is not compelling? Well, who here is arguing that? I was responding to another poster that mischaracterized Wells's reliance on the Exponent experiments.

My point? My point has been that you don't know what you are talking about. You've yet to put up a cogent response that comes close to what reality is..

Your claims have been that:
The Wells report was Factual.
The Wells report contained no lies.

Both those statements of yours are false. The reality is that the Wells Report was filled with misinformation and numerous outright lies. Yet, you keep banging the drum that it's some how a legitimate document. It's one of the biggest pieces of fraud that the masses of this country have been subjected to since the ACA was passed by Congress. The fact that you can't comprehend that is mind-blowing. The fact that you have continuously defended it is absurd.

In the past few weeks, you've gone out of your way to defend it, while at the same time attacking the credibility of a lawyer who not only wrote an Amicus Curiae brief, but also filed notice with the 2nd Circuit that the NFL's lawyer had lied. What's laughable about the 2nd part is that the NFL's lawyer DID lie. Point blank. And it wasn't just Blecker who caught it. Steph Stradley, another lawyer, caught it and also filed notice with the 2CA. Numerous other lawyers caught it. Including one out of the 5CA who, at first, thought it was bogus, but then back-tracked when he saw the transcripts from Brady's testimony compared to what was said.

Yet, you keep yammering on like you know wtf you are talking about. The reality is that you're not even on the same planet when it comes to this topic.

7 topic areas are announced each year. Usually there is one faculty reviewer per topic area. Students who want to compete for the whopping $1,000 prize and the great prestige that the award will bring on Patriots message boards can voluntarily submit a paper that addresses any 1 of the 7 topics.

The faculty member reviews all the submitted papers in his or her assigned topic area (hint, hint, faculty members ordinarily do not want to review dozens of random student papers in addition to their other teaching and research-related obligations, so we are talking about a very small number of submissions in each topic) and picks his or her favorite. Seven winners are announced, one in each topic, and each wins the $1,000 and the prestige.

Let's see. There are less than 1400 Harvard law students. So, that automatically means that there are going to be a small number of people doing these. Next, the topics are random each year. And with numerous specializations, that will weed down the numbers significantly. Further narrowing it down is that some topics also require a teacher recommendation. But, yes, it's faculty not wanting to "review dozens of random student papers in addition to their other teaching and research-related obligations" that makes it a very small number of submissions..

So, then you have the audacity to be condescending again about the prestige it brings a student who won it for their particular topic. Forget the fact that they are already close to the cream of the crop, but you can't even acknowledge that this award raises them up even slightly.

And you want to be taken seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference