PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BJGE Signs with Bengals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB seemed to value BJGE down the stretch in '11....essentially benching Ridley. And now you think BB is ready to turn the keys over to Ridley? "We don't trust you in the playoffs....but we will lean on you for an entire upcoming season?"
I just don't buy it.....the Pats RB corp is currently comprised of 2 scat backs, 1 blocking back, and a guy they essentially benched during crunch time. There has to be more coming

he benched him in the playoffs because a fumbling issue suddenly occurred...and in playoff games, you would rather go to a guy who NEVER fumbles rather than the one who just fumbled 2 in a playoff game..the 2nd half of the season, ridley was stealing snaps from BJGE

perhaps they think that with a full training camp, they can work on his ball security issues and fix them...worked for faulk!

Vereen is a question mark for me as well...he never really saw the field last year..but he is a 2nd round pick and has lightning speed

Last edited:
I can't believe all the hand wringing over the loss of BJGE -He got paid $1.8MM last season. BE HAPPY FOR HIM! He almost doubled his pay coming off a year where both his carries and ypc went DOWN. He was a nice player and a nicer guy. Great find as an UDFA, a good story, and an even better name.

But lets face the facts here. BOTH Vareen and Ridley are better runners. As it was, Benny only took 34%(IIRC) of the rushing snaps last season. Even if he came back, his role with the Pats was going to change from "lead back" to GL/SY back, and you DON'T pay a GL back $1.8MM let alone $3MM/yr....plus incentives. Not in this environment for RB's in the NFL

The league has changed, priorities have drastically shifted. The franchise tag on RBs is around $7MM and falling, while the number is at $9.4MM and rising for WRs If I were Matt Forte, I'd be RUNNING down to Hallas Hall to sign my franchise tender and get that money in my pocket as fast as I could. As RB became more of a "shared" position, the value of the individual became less important. Last season only 2 RBs in the league carried for more than 300 carries. In 2003 there were 14 who managed that number.

The reality of the situation is that the game has evolved to the point where it is just easier to throw the ball for 5+ ypa, than it is to run the ball 4+ypc. Its just simple math. Get a Vet thumper into camp and we will be fine running the football.

I guess that tells you how much the Patriots valued BJGE contribution and how much they like Ridley and Vereen

They value those two so much that they DNP'd Vereen for the season and benched Ridley for his reoccurring fumblitis.

I would feel better about Ridley if he wasn't such a fumbler at LSU as well.

They value those two so much that they DNP'd Vereen for the season and benched Ridley for his reoccurring fumblitis.

He fumbled 3 times at LSU, once in the last game of the 09-10 season and twice in the first game of the 10-11 season. He then went 239 touches in a row without fumbling to finish the season. It isn't like he was putting the ball on the ground every game.

He fumbled once every 107 touches at LSU. For comparison Green-Ellis fumbled once every 95 touches in college but the BJGE fanboys are acting like Ridley has no chance of improving his ball security.

I'm a little leery of the unit as is. Although having a fullback may help. Still wouldn't be surprised to see Bill sign a veteran thumper as camp rolls around. The jury is still out on Riddley and Vareen.

I'd strongly consider giving Thomas Jones a test drive, have the docs check under his hood,
and see if there's any gas left in the tank.

I'd strongly consider giving Thomas Jones a test drive, have the docs check under his hood,
and see if there's any gas left in the tank.

Jones is completely shot.

He fumbled 3 times at LSU, once in the last game of the 09-10 season and twice in the first game of the 10-11 season. He then went 239 touches in a row without fumbling to finish the season. It isn't like he was putting the ball on the ground every game.

He fumbled once every 107 touches at LSU. For comparison Green-Ellis fumbled once every 95 touches in college but the BJGE fanboys are acting like Ridley has no chance of improving his ball security.

How about high school or Pop Warner ? Please. This is the NFL. Ridley has fumbled once every 45 carries in the NFL ( including playoffs ). BJGE has carried the football 557 times in the NFL ( regular season & playoffs ) and has never fumbled.

Welcome to the NFL son.

How about high school or Pop Warner ? Please. This is the NFL. Ridley has fumbled once every 45 carries in the NFL ( including playoffs ). BJGE has carried the football 557 times in the NFL ( regular season & playoffs ) and has never fumbled.

Welcome to the NFL son.

Are you seriously making that comment when his post was a direct response to you saying

Are you seriously making that comment when his post was a direct response to you saying

Is it your mission in life to critizise and belittle and be derogotrory and degrading to every poster that comes to this site? Take a look in the mirror Internet Tough Guy. You Suck!

But lets face the facts here. BOTH Vareen and Ridley are better runners..

Why if you are basing this only on there draft position , then how the heck did we cut maroney.

Can you say vareen and ridley will last more than 4 yrs and sign a 2nd contract now as they are better than ofcourse Green

Last edited:
Maroney anyone? I miss yelling at him. "STOP ***** FOOTIN AND HIT THE HOLE"

Is it your mission in life to critizise and belittle and be derogotrory and degrading to every poster that comes to this site? Take a look in the mirror Internet Tough Guy. You Suck!

If thats the way you feel put me on ignore. Diagreeing with people is not belittleing and criticizing. The point of this board is discussion.
For example I have never once in my life called you names or insulted you, but you have just done that to me. Take your own mirror adivse, pal.

If thats the way you feel put me on ignore. Diagreeing with people is not belittleing and criticizing. The point of this board is discussion.
For example I have never once in my life called you names or insulted you, but you have just done that to me. Take your own mirror adivse, pal.

This post is disingenuous. As you are fully aware this message board does not allow AndyJohnson to be put on ignore. Trust me, I've attempted to do just that many times. It is not allowed.

This post is disingenuous. As you are fully aware this message board does not allow AndyJohnson to be put on ignore. Trust me, I've attempted to do just that many times. It is not allowed.

Interesting that you chose to respond to this and ignore the fact that you posted you are concerned becuase Ridley had fumble problems in college, and when you were proven that he didn't your response was that college doesn't matter. Talk about disingenuous.
Also if you really wish to ignore my posts, just don't read them.

Interesting that you chose to respond to this and ignore the fact that you posted you are concerned becuase Ridley had fumble problems in college, and when you were proven that he didn't your response was that college doesn't matter. Talk about disingenuous.
Also if you really wish to ignore my posts, just don't read them.

You lied. Other members cannot put you on ignore. You knew this was a lie when you typed it. You are a mod. Act like one.

You lied. Other members cannot put you on ignore. You knew this was a lie when you typed it. You are a mod. Act like one.

Actually since I do not use the ignore function, I did not know that.
Nice of you to decide that you know what I was thinking better than I do.
You are an adult. Act like one.
I can wholeheartedly tell you that your opinion is completely meaningless to me. I would be fine if mine is the same to you, so if that's how you feel ignore me, whether there is a function on the site to do it automatically or not.
That should end this.

Jones is completely shot.

You're prob. right; his ypc have declined since the jesters rode him hard in 2008 + 09.

How about his former KC teammate Jackie Battle for the vet minimum plus incentives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes