PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BJGE Fined $5,000 for Chop Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, you just need to stop making up BS excuses and face that you are wrong about the situation. I'm gonna be honest and say that you've never played a game in your life where things happen in a split second because your going on like these guys can react in trillisecond. I'll also hazard that you've never been a 210 lb RB who has tried to take down a 260lbs LB. So,this garbage about "when in doubt, go high" is just that, garbage and spoken from a position of ignorance.

You're claim that BJGE should have known Light could have "potentially" fallen off his original block and moved to the outside rusher is just BS. Light was the one at fault. Not BJGE. BJGE was already in MID AIR when Light made the switch.. Light should have know that he had a RB going outside who would have picked up the outside rusher.

The FINE is BS and the fact that you continue to try and defend it is laughable.

:eek: Don't be mad! :eek:

I remember a yellow flag, so I'm not completely alone in my opinion. :)

It is impossible to "adapt" to the point of knowing, with 100% certainty, whether someone will change their block while you're in the process of putting a hit on a player. That's why your argument is a poor one.

Nobody's denying it was illegal. That what the penalty is for. But to fine for it is a crime. The NFL is begging for a strike. There is no way the players will put up with the way things are heading. It's enough we have to deal with our government being PC, but jeez, in sports. Come on, the NFL is going to make a fortune on unintentional and unavoidable hits. I watch football to get away from that BS.

100% of the time is not expected or possible. Diving low may no longer be as good an idea as it once was. That said, maybe our blocking schemes need to adapt (along with the players)(especially on the line of scrimmage). If a 210 pound RB has to block low (to be effective) then maybe we need use a larger FB/HB or, perhaps, not put the smaller blocker there in the first place.

In any case, as to the Fine itself, I'm not a fan of PC either, however, I don't think this is about PC. I think the fine is more about how the rules will work in a 18 game season and laying the groundwork for that. We need to pay attention to it because it's a new reality (like it or not).

100% of the time is not expected or possible. Diving low may no longer be as good an idea as it once was. That said, maybe our blocking schemes need to adapt (along with the players)(especially on the line of scrimmage). If a 210 pound RB has to block low (to be effective) then maybe we need use a larger FB/HB or, perhaps, not put the smaller blocker there in the first place.

In any case, as to the Fine itself, I'm not a fan of PC either, however, I don't think this is about PC. I think the fine is more about how the rules will work in a 18 game season and laying the groundwork for that. We need to pay attention to it because it's a new reality (like it or not).

Diving low is the only way you can take out a bigger player. Woodhead has to do it all the time because he is so small.

Again, the penalty was not because BJGE dove low, but because there was an extra blocker on the play, rendering it a chop block

He probably will win his appeal.

Speaking as a hockey player, that's BS. There are huge differences in the situation. With a high stick, you are the one who is supposed to have control. In the BJGE situation, he was LEGALLY going low when Matt Light (an entity that BJGE has no control over) switched targets. It was Matt Light engaging the defender that caused the Chop Block call..

So basically you are saying that Light should have been fined instead of BJGE.

So basically you are saying that Light should have been fined instead of BJGE.

No.. I'm saying that there shouldn't have been a fine at all. But since LIGHT was the cause of the Penalty to begin with, he should man up and take care of it.

If I was kraft I would look at what my player did in that game and since BJGE had a super game I would pay it for him...secretly

If I was kraft I would look at what my player did in that game and since BJGE had a super game I would pay it for him...secretly

Unfortunately, that is not allowed by the CBA and if the league found out, OMG, people would go APE..

Unfortunately, that is not allowed by the CBA and if the league found out, OMG, people would go APE..

That's why I said secretly

If kraft called BJGE up to his private office and quietly handed him 50 benjamins with no one else in the room no one would be any wiser :cool:

Nobody's denying it was illegal. That what the penalty is for. But to fine for it is a crime. The NFL is begging for a strike. There is no way the players will put up with the way things are heading. It's enough we have to deal with our government being PC, but jeez, in sports. Come on, the NFL is going to make a fortune on unintentional and unavoidable hits. I watch football to get away from that BS.

I suspect it costs the NFL as much to levy the fines as the fines themselves. With a big machine like the NFL, it probably costs them more than the fines bring in. It's a punitive system, not a revenue system.

Right or wrong, the NFL is trying to protect its players. They are putting in a system to protect players for when they extend to an 18 game season.

I suspect it costs the NFL as much to levy the fines as the fines themselves. With a big machine like the NFL, it probably costs them more than the fines bring in. It's a punitive system, not a revenue system.

Right or wrong, the NFL is trying to protect its players. They are putting in a system to protect players for when they extend to an 18 game season.

With every injury that occurs during a regular season game, the players add another reason as to why they don't want the 18 game season..

Also, I highly doubt that it costs the NFL $5000 to levy a fine..

the NFL is going to make a fortune on unintentional and unavoidable hits. I watch football to get away from that BS.

The NFL doesn't make a penny off of the fines. 100% goes to charities. So some soup kitchen might feed an extra 2,500 homeless people this Thanksgiving because of BJGE. Folks act like it is going into the Godell family vacation fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back