PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill O'Brien emerging as an option for Patriots offensive coordinator in 2023

I feel the opposite. I think the Rooney Rule isn't perfect, but it is better than NFL teams not ever considering minorities at all. For years this league has been dominated by black athletes and yet, percentagewise so few are elevated to high level management positions. At least the rule makes the teams meet with them and get some ideas for future positions.
It’s a tough one because you shouldn’t be forced to interview a candidate nor take an interview you feel is just going thru the motions.
Maybe we just need to make sure racism and such is eradicated from the NFL owners and if that exists force them to sell their teams.

That’s more than Smoke.
However Obrein traded Hopkins cause he had multiple baby mamas.
Well he would be trading me then too as well.
What does Hopkins have to do with it ?

I’d like to see this reunion however if I were Mac I wouldn’t try any “BS” with this OC - he’d end up nursing more than a bloody lip and bruised ego….

I can fix it all:

1. BOB to offensive coordinator.

2. Patricia to the Earnie role.
I'm guessing he's too intellectual, stoic, and has trouble being a hardass. E.G. Mac saying he needs to be coached harder...getting away with tantrums. BOB doesn't have that problem..."STFU Gronkowski!!"

3. Stevie to hit the road and earn his wings with another team.
Not staying he isn't doing a good job. The D is playing excellent, however, he will always be perceived as getting the job due to nepotism and I have read he is not the hardass his dad is. See #4.

4. Jerod Mayo to DC.
This is the reason to move Stevie. We don't want to lose this guy. Have read nothing but good things about his coaching and that he is a rising star.
He needs the role and title. This co-captain **** needs to stop...less management, more leadership.

5. Give Brian Belichick an increased role.
I have read his coaching style is similar to his dad's. Purely a guess on my part, but I'm betting he's the coaching star from that family.

6. Offensive Line?????
We miss you Dante.

There you go FIFY.

Maybe as HC after what we are seeing today. Is bill still the best guy to lead us.. ?

Doesn't matter they have the 30th best quarterback in the league, they're toast without a QB upgrade.

6. Offensive Line?????
We miss you Dante.
If it’s not Patricia, then I’m guessing Brian Ferentz. O’Brien was the OC when Ferentz was TE coach in 2011, and then he tried to hire him both with Penn State and the Texans.

The frustrations with Ferentz calling plays at Iowa have been similar to what we’ve seen here with Patricia (except that it’s his sixth year doing it), but he’s going to land on his feet with a good OL coaching job at the very least.

Well, nothing will free us from Patricia now.

Once Patriots end with a record of 7-10. BillB better DUMMY UP, to get O'Brien back.

I can fix it all:

I'm guessing he's too intellectual, stoic, and has trouble being a hardass. E.G. Mac saying he needs to be coached harder...getting away with tantrums. BOB doesn't have that problem..."STFU Gronkowski!!"

Not staying he isn't doing a good job. The D is playing excellent, however, he will always be perceived as getting the job due to nepotism and I have read he is not the hardass his dad is. See #4.

4. Jerod Mayo to DC.
This is the reason to move Stevie. We don't want to lose this guy. Have read nothing but good things about his coaching and that he is a rising star.
He needs the role and title. This co-captain **** needs to stop...less management, more leadership.

I have read his coaching style is similar to his dad's. Purely a guess on my part, but I'm betting he's the coaching star from that family.

6. Offensive Line?????
We miss you Dante.

There you go FIFY.
Agree with every one but #3, He's done a good job and the NFL is rife with nepotism, who gives a rat's ass what other people think if he's doing a good job.

No no no … look at his track record outside of 2011. Texans / Alabama he’s underwhelmed with a lot of talent

Better than current setup but must be someone better out there

No no no … look at his track record outside of 2011. Texans / Alabama he’s underwhelmed with a lot of talent

Better than current setup but must be someone better out there
If not BOB, then Brian Johnson of the Eagles or Nick Caley. Anything is better than Patricia.

God no - he was nothing but mediocre with Watson!

I can fix it all:

4. Jerod Mayo to DC.

6. Offensive Line?????
We miss you Dante.

There you go FIFY.

+ send joe judge back to special teams. Let achord do something else. Theyve again contributed big to 2 losses this year. Punt coverage has been meh at best. And we typically stress st more than any other team with certain rosters spots

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back