PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick's Comments On Ryan Wendell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we will hold on to him throughout the first round of cuts, just to make sure that competitors with a huge need in their OLs (Hello Miami!) dont get any TC time if they claim him off waivers..

That's why I say let's pull off a trade for a good guard or center. A top guard or center completes the OLine as Dominant and elite across. It would make the whole offense and its individual players so much better in countless ways. When every player across the OLine can handle any DLineman one on one, needing no help ever, it creates so many advantages for Brady and his arsenal. When the defense blitzes,sends 5 passrushers yet still gets no pressure, Brady would put on an air show.

That's why I say let's pull off a trade for a good guard or center. A top guard or center completes the OLine as Dominant and elite across. It would make the whole offense and its individual players so much better in countless ways. When every player across the OLine can handle any DLineman one on one, needing no help ever, it creates so many advantages for Brady and his arsenal. When the defense blitzes,sends 5 passrushers yet still gets no pressure, Brady would put on an air show.

I agree with this. I can't see Connelly suddenly becoming a starting Center, and reports from camp say Stork may not be the immediate starter some were saying.

We obviously need an upgrade and we may need to look outside the squad.

I agree with this. I can't see Connelly suddenly becoming a starting Center, and reports from camp say Stork may not be the immediate starter some were saying.

We obviously need an upgrade and we may need to look outside the squad.

????

Dan Connolly has been a starting center before.

Anyone think Stork might get to start? Haven't heard anything about him so far.

????

Dan Connolly has been a starting center before.

I meant now, after years of being behind Wendell. If BB thought he was a guy who was the man who should be protecting TB, Wendell wouldn't have started for this time. It seems a lesser of two evils pick, and I'm not sure that's how BB will want it

I meant now, after years of being behind Wendell. If BB thought he was a guy who was the man who should be protecting TB, Wendell wouldn't have started for this time. It seems a lesser of two evils pick, and I'm not sure that's how BB will want it

Connolly at center started in 2011, ahead of Wendell. He was moved to RG in 2012, because Waters decided to 'retire'.

Connolly at center started in 2011, ahead of Wendell. He was moved to RG in 2012, because Waters decided to 'retire'.

I know that. I just have this huge gut instinct that he won't get moved back to center. I'm not part of the 'hang Wendell' brigade, but with that area being hugely problematic, and if it was a natural fit that BB was just waiting to make, he may would have made it by now.

I'm gonna be wrong now, and Connelly will start centre at week one now and I will have to delete my posts :)

In the end, the ideal scenario is that Stork really steps up and makes the position his own. But as I haven't seen practice with my own eyes, i will leave whether he is capable of that to those who have

I wonder if we will hold on to him throughout the first round of cuts, just to make sure that competitors with a huge need in their OLs (Hello Miami!) dont get any TC time if they claim him off waivers..

I would love it if Miami picked him up. Tannehill will be running for his life in Week 1 as Wendell is on his back.

Connolly has never been behind Wendell. Wendell started when Connolly was moved to guard. Whenever Connolly and Wendell have both been available to play center, Connolly's been the guy.

Connolly has never been behind Wendell. Wendell started when Connolly was moved to guard. Whenever Connolly and Wendell have both been available to play center, Connolly's been the guy.

My point is that with such a weak center, you would have expected Connelly to be moved back, and Guard be dealt with. Instead we have had two years of Wendell at center.

I don't think BB sees Connelly that much of an upgrade in the position. Just a gut call

My point is that with such a weak center, you would have expected Connelly to be moved back, and Guard be dealt with. Instead we have had two years of Wendell at center.

I don't think BB sees Connelly that much of an upgrade in the position. Just a gut call

Two completely separate issues. In 2012, the Pats were expecting Waters back. In 2013, they signed Robert Gallery. Attempts were made to upgrade RG so that they could keep Connolly at C. Didn't work out.

Gut calls are fine, but all available evidence says otherwise.

Two completely separate issues. In 2012, the Pats were expecting Waters back, and since then they've tried and failed to sign guards.

Gut calls are fine, but all available evidence says otherwise.

To be fair, this is the most fascinating camp battle. Out of interest, who do you think starts?

To be fair, this is the most fascinating camp battle. Out of interest, who do you think starts?

My guess would be that Connolly starts at C and either Kline or Cannon starts at RG. You?

Brit pat you must be new around here...what BB said about Wendell more times than not is the kiss of death. Wendell is a horrible Center I hope BB have plans of playing Dan Connolly there with Stork being groomed to take over next year.

Isn't Connolly the other way around though? Faster players seem to give him the same problems Wendell has with bigger guys. I guess that could be covered up a bit if he's back at center.

To be fair. With Kline and Cannon coming through, it does seem the ideal time to bring Connelly back to center. Reading the full piece and not the tweeted snippets, it doesn't sound great for Wendell and Stork seems to be having a few issues, though without seeing them, I don't want to say they are his fault.

Over the next few weeks we will get a real pointer...BB may fancy none for the year and trade. Until then there are no shoe-ins and everyone has the chance to make a play for it

That's why I say let's pull off a trade for a good guard or center. A top guard or center completes the OLine as Dominant and elite across. It would make the whole offense and its individual players so much better in countless ways.

1. We may not need another good guard. That's what camp is for. This is premature.
2. There are only a handful of good centers in the entire NFL.
3. Very few teams even have more than one starting caliber center at this point (and the Pats may have two in Connolly and Stork; we don't know yet). Who are you suggesting the Pats trade with specifically and why do you believe that team has an incentive to make such a trade, one which will downgrade their OL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye