PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick will meet with the media today at 9:30 a.m

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the reason why the Pats are in such a debacle now has to do with the media nightmare from "Spygate", it is incumbent on him to do something different, and clear the air from the onset rather than letting it linger and fester..

My hope is that he will be forthright and tell the story to the best of his ability.. otoh is the NFL has placed a gag order on this information the NFL should do a press release advising the media of such..

Pretty much the same way they handled Aaron Hernandez... which has become less of an issue for them..

Totally agree, if BB uses the Hernandez press conference personna the media may go back to focusing on the game. If he stonewalls the media this thing will last throughout next week.

I'm just a football coach, I don't pump the footballs.

He should have a football sitting on every seat and only answer a question if the reporter can correctly guess the psi within 2 psi.

I'd put whoopee cushions down instead- except for Mike Reiss who is the only level-headed one out there.

I don't think there's anyone as good at handling the media as Bill. In this case I will enjoy it when he says nothing.

Well, depends on what your definition of "handling" is.

If your definition of handling is someone who will controls the information flow about his team, hes the best.

In terms of handling the media by presenting a positive brand image for the organization he's awful.

It would be epic if BB just came out with a detailed presentation demonstrating the only foul play was by the Colts who pumped their balls up to 13.5 psi with cool air in a attempt to defame the Pats who they knew would pump theirs to 12.5 psi with warm air. If BB and Kraft came out guns blazing I would be effing psyched.

I'm not going to be able to watch...will someone please post on this post what he says?

Oh this ought to be good.

Although, he does have the out to say, "the league is investigating that so I can't comment. Any questions about the actual game?"

It would be epic if BB just came out with a detailed presentation demonstrating the only foul play was by the Colts who pumped their balls up to 13.5 psi with cool air in a attempt to defame the Pats who they knew would pump theirs to 12.5 psi with warm air. If BB and Kraft came out guns blazing I would be effing psyched.

Go Swartzkopf on Goodell, Pagano, Kravitz...

"Goodell is not a leader. Pagano is a crappy coach and Kravitz is a muck-sucking hack."

Let me see which of these responses would be quoted most: :)

1. It's a league matter
2. It is what it is
3. You got to ask the league officials about it
4. We are on to Seattle
5. Any other football related questions?

anything else?

Don't hold your breath. It's who he is. It's not an act.
That's funny. Michael Wilbon was on WEEI yesterday morning talking about how he got to have a sit down dinner with BB before SB 39 in Jax. He said that BB was so engaging, funny, intelligent, well spoken and how what he presents to the media is just an act.

I thought I'd at least get to see the first few minutes and Bill has yet to show up. Got to go to work now.

He should have a football sitting on every seat and only answer a question if the reporter can correctly guess the psi within 2 psi.

The first rule of any adversarial process is never to ask a question to which you don't already know the answer, so he would never do that.
And the sports guy on the ABC affiliate in NYC (who comes across as a reasonable and knowledgeable person) did something like that On the Air the other night. He passed around two balls, one inflated to specs and one inflated 2 psi under the specs. All three people on the anchor desk accurately identified the under-inflated ball and you could see that their hands fit more easily around it.

Wow, he's talking about it. Right off the bat.

BB: Had no knowledge of football preparation.

BB: Have learned a lot about process of football prep.

BB: Balls we practice are as bad they can be. That's my coaching philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes