PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bigger concern for GRONK: getting rest or avoiding rust?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What's the bigger concern for GRONK?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronk will shake the rust off in a series, if he does more damage to that arm he's likely done for the season. Let him heal completely, don't take any chances, he's played a ton of football this season, rust will not be any issue at all.

Gronk is pretty far down my list of injury concerns. He is recovering and will be healthy for the important games. MLB is a the top of the list as Spikes is no longer the impact player we saw for most of the season. Spikes rode the bike today then went to the locker room without practicing. His backup, Rivera, did not practice at all. Mayo could move, but he has been playing the best ball of his career right where is is. If things don't improve, I would not be surprised to see a roster move here.

Last edited:
I personally think Week 17 should be the Pat's bye week. Play Matt Slater at WR and Mallet at QB. Let Vereen get some run etc...

Will Denver lose probably not, but if I am the Pats I am not doing that. Still have the chance for 1st round.

I think they should just play him against the Dolphins just to get him back in the groove, cuz it's most likely they will play the very next week hosting a wild-card game against Pitt/Cin or even Bal (if they lose out). But I like the decision to rest him against Jacksonville, they got enough guys to deliver on the offense. Definitely need the offense healthy for the playoffs though and thats a priority.

Confirmed on NFL.com that Gronk will not play this weekend (good).

I'd play him on a very limited basis against the Miami, and if we open a good gap in the score, he would be the first starter I'd yank out of the game.

I'd play him on a very limited basis against the Miami, and if we open a good gap in the score, he would be the first starter I'd yank out of the game.

I think this is all pretty simple, if he's cleared to play, he will play. By cleared to play I mean that the doctors indicate that the break has healed sufficiently to play. I know I'm just re-hashing the thoughts of others here but it's true. We can talk about shaking off rust all we want but if the doctors say that he's not ready then he'll go into the playoffs with rust on him.

Gronk seems to be made of glass. I would hold him out until the playoffs.

Gronk seems to be made of glass. I would hold him out until the playoffs.

That's not true. He's just playing very physical football, and being Brady's number 1 target, only exposes him more so to injury. He's the number 1 target of opposing defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News