PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bigger concern for GRONK: getting rest or avoiding rust?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What's the bigger concern for GRONK?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather rest him one more game and have him play vs the Dolphins.
You're not a doctor and you're not Gronk, so why would you bother to form an opinion?

I think Gronk and the doc can figure it out. One owns the body in question and the other one has treated many similar bodies and injuries. Who can provide a better opinion than those two?

Gronk no rest.. Gronk play, Gronk SMASH!

If Gronk is ready to play - OK

but I voted for the Avoiding "rust" option because we can beat the Jags without him.

I don't know why people have this impression that players can just instantly step onto the field after not having played for over a month and be in sync with the rest of the team. Any playing time he can get with the offense prior to the playoffs is in my opinion valuable. Whether that is a series or two or the whole game is up to the trainers. My guess would be is that it will be a progression of playing time from one game to the next.

hey..somebody check cool guy's pulse...I think he's already taking the big nap...

Avoiding rust. He's rested for a few weeks now. If he can come back, he should play to, at the very least, get back into game shape.

This.

I agree Gronk needs to get in game shape - I remember in 2010 Spikes and Hernandez just looked plain rusty in the playoffs after they missed some time late in the season.

People also are forgetting that Gronk had been dealing with some hip issues prior to forearm breaking. Im sure his hip AND his arm are fine now after a few weeks off.

Gronk has had a month of rest already. How much more could he need? Clearly, getting him on the field and integrated back into the offense has to be a top priority over the next two weeks, so that the Pats will be the best team that they can be heading into the playoffs.

Last edited:
Being off for a month didn't stop terell owens from having a great superbowl and i consider gronk to me more physically gifted than him.

You forgot to add, "terrell owens... with a broken ankle..." there.

Gronk's a player. We'll probably see him every game until he hoists the Lombardi with TFB (football gods willing).

Last edited:
I want Gronk ready to play...I hate the idea of his first Real time game action being in a playoff game.

As long as we win, I honestly like seeing brady forced to look to other guys. I would like to rest welker as well and see what brady could do without gronk and welker. Maybe we'll see some more deep bombs to who-man etc. And the Jags suck(i havent actually watched them this year) so they would be the best live practice.

Ideally, both. But if I am picking one, I vote for rest. I would rather him be at 100% than having him knock rust off in week 16 or 17.

Well, it's a really good question and I don't have any idea what would be best. My hope is that the Patriots and Gronk do!

I wouldn't be surprised to see him against the Jags but equally not surprised if he doesn't play. I DO expect to see him play in the final game against the Phins though.......

If he doesn't play in that game that would really make me wonder what his physical status is come first playoff game.......

We all love ya, Gronk!!!!!!:cool:

Last edited:
IMO he should play to get his timing down, and to work out any fears he may have about his arm... but not 80 snaps.

The NFL is what it is a high impact game, and injuries can happen on any play..

IMO he should play to get his timing down, and to work out any fears he may have about his arm... but not 80 snaps.

The NFL is what it is a high impact game, and injuries can happen on any play..

So very, very true, DarrylS..... Indeed!

Dying to see these four play a couple games together before the playoffs. If Gronk is ready play the beast IMO.

Welker
Lloyd
Gronk
Ahern

OT question, hooman made a great catch(has 3 this season out of 4 targets) in the SF game, any chance he gets more involved in the passing game? I'd like our TE depth to have some catching ability, at least 1 of them anyway. Thought that'd be Fells but haven't seen much of him in the passing game as of late, he's 3 of 9 targets. on the season.

He's been resting for 5 weeks now and if I understand the process of healing from a broken bone correctly, once he's cleared to play there's no real risk of suffering a 'setback'. So I don't see any reason why it'd be anything but good to get him out there and give him a couple warm up games until the real games begin.

Guys like Dennard, Vollmer, Mankins I'd be tempted to let rest over the next 2 games if it means a better chance of them being 100% in 3 weeks. These are games we should win without those 3 and even if we don't the loss likely would not hurt us at all given Denver's schedule. We should win them without Gronk too but like I said, sitting him out is probably worse right now.

Dying to see these four play a couple games together before the playoffs. If Gronk is ready play the beast IMO.

Welker
Lloyd
Gronk
Ahern

OT question, hooman made a great catch(has 3 this season out of 4 targets) in the SF game, any chance he gets more involved in the passing game? I'd like our TE depth to have some catching ability, at least 1 of them anyway. Thought that'd be Fells but haven't seen much of him in the passing game as of late, he's 3 of 9 targets. on the season.

Hooman caught a few passes in St Louis, so it's not farfetched.

getting him in there is key

he offers so much more beyond his actual play.....with gronk & ahern out there, the offense is entirely different.....their passing and running options are limitless out of those two TE sets

we've seen such limited time with both on the field this year, i think getting time in that two TE set is important

I want him to play so he can lead the league in TD's for a TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes