Bethel and Anquan Boldin .. draft history

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseKnuckles

On the Roster
Reaction score
Interesting site, draft history links for all years at the bottom of this page:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/2003

Interesting to note on the solid draft the Pats had in 2003 including stealing Koppen in the 5th, Wilson in the 2nd and Asante in the 4th.

Looking back at Bethel Johnson taken in the 2nd at #45 .. nine picks later and the next WR off the board was Anquan Boldin. Imagine Boldin in the mix.

i was extremely pissed we took bethel with that pick, i wanted kelley washington

but something i do remember, was a lot of ppl on this board really liked anquan boldin and wanted us to take him with our second rd pick (dont forget we traded for an extra second on draft day by trading back)

check out '02
deion was the 11th wr taken!
and i remember they were pissed josh reed was taken earlier that rd-he was supposedly their guy

and givens was the 33rd wr taken
lol, thats great

i remember reading on draft day that he was more of a flanker than split end in college and that could cause him to slip

MooseKnuckles said:
Interesting site, draft history links for all years at the bottom of this page:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/2003

Interesting to note on the solid draft the Pats had in 2003 including stealing Koppen in the 5th, Wilson in the 2nd and Asante in the 4th.

Looking back at Bethel Johnson taken in the 2nd at #45 .. nine picks later and the next WR off the board was Anquan Boldin. Imagine Boldin in the mix.

Nate Burleson at pick 71 would have been alternative too.

kurtinelson said:
Nate Burleson at pick 71 would have been alternative too.

BJ was drafted more as a KR with WR upside as anything else. He was going to be our very own Dante Hall-- and was for a while. I remember picking my jaw off the ground at his pure speed. He did not disappoint as a rookie.

The thing is that he has not improved his game at all since then... he's the same player he's was in his first year. Compare that with Branch and Givens who have completely transformed their games, taken it to the next level, over their time with the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back