PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick to Co-Host NFL Draft on the Pat McAfee Show

Just watch Bills take on Maye on the Mcaffee show. Oh brother, Mac Jones qualities...

That was the first time ever that I watched the entire draft. Thanks Bill.

The panel was much too large with a lot of loud moments with guys yelling over each other. Take away the useless Mel guy and the man to his right and you'd only have to drop one more to get a more enjoyable show.

I'm thrilled that Bill committed to do the Mondays with McAfee next year. I was concerned that he was going to end up with the Manning's instead. I couldn't have watched that.

Felger is a dud.
I actually thought of him when the panel was yelling over each other and you couldn't make out what anyone was saying. That's the normal MO for Felger.

Just watch Bills take on Maye on the Mcaffee show. Oh brother, Mac Jones qualities...
There’s almost no comparison between them other than they’re first round picks, they’re white and wear #10. What Jones did well (at least as a rookie) is where Drake needs work and vice versa

Last edited:
It was refreshing from the gushing over every "special plyer" you normally get on draft coverage.

As much as I enjoyed Bill, I couldn't stand the morning zoo radio show vibe, especially when they brought that asshat Oz out (or whatever his name is) to be another court jester. I found myself telling him to STFU more than once. Eventually, sleep won out.

As much as I enjoyed Bill, I couldn't stand the morning zoo radio show vibe, especially when they brought that asshat Oz out (or whatever his name is) to be another court jester. I found myself telling him to STFU more than once. Eventually, sleep won out.
Yeah, I just meant Bill.

BB was critical of all the QB's, pretty much all of the players he did breakdowns on he provided bad plays they needed to clean up.

Like someone said above, better than listening to Mel Kiper gush over every prospect like they're destined for the HOF.
Agree. I prefer the BB analysis.

BB was critical of all the QB's, pretty much all of the players he did breakdowns on he provided bad plays they needed to clean up.

Like someone said above, better than listening to Mel Kiper gush over every prospect like they're destined for the HOF.
Much less critical of JJMc than the others.

I found myself hanging on every word, then reminding myself that they are in the spot they are in because of his mismanagement as GM. When he said they need QB, OT and WR, it was jarring. I actually barked at the TV "That's your doing, Bill!"

I loved having him as the GOAT coach. Enjoyed his analysis thoroughly last night, but I found that I was tempered in my enthusiasm when he pretty much gushed over JJM. They wouldn't be picking at #3 he hadn't screwed it up so bad.

Belichick was awesome. Too high in JJ Mc, though.

When he listed the needs of the Patriots—spot on mind you—my reaction was identical to Steve’s.

I’m still miffed that we passed on RT Dawand Jones last year in the third round.

Much less critical of JJMc than the others.

I found myself hanging on every word, then reminding myself that they are in the spot they are in because of his mismanagement as GM. When he said they need QB, OT and WR, it was jarring. I actually barked at the TV "That's your doing, Bill!"

I loved having him as the GOAT coach. Enjoyed his analysis thoroughly last night, but I found that I was tempered in my enthusiasm when he pretty much gushed over JJM. They wouldn't be picking at #3 he hadn't screwed it up so bad.
Indeed, and if he had #3 there's no way he'd go QB, he'd trade down and pick two DBs from Rutgers in the 2nd round.

It was great TV. Took me a few minutes to get used to the McAfee crew since I've never watched it. Just a bunch of bros being goofballs. But somehow it worked and Belichick fit right in and made it a great telecast.

Him joining McAfee for Monday shows should be good if this telecast is any indication. I can imagine there's gonna be a lot of coach talk and him being critical of bad plays.

I am not digging Ty Schmidt (Mad Mel Kiper). His schtick isn't funny. It's more annoying than anything. He seems like one of those guys on Jackass who grossly exaggerate for the shock value. Jayden Daniels has 3 elbows? Really dude? They would be better off having Fitzy on there than that guy. At least Fitzy is funny.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back