PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick to Co-Host NFL Draft on the Pat McAfee Show

I could do without the "Mad Mel" character. Funny for the first few minutes, but longer than that is like having to watch a 2 hr Bevis & Butthead movie marathon

love the show, otherwise

edit... until they started doing card tricks rather than letting Bill talk about his binkie, Bowers

Last edited:
The stream stopped for me but I got the sense that Bill liked Nabers over Harrison. What did he say about Bowers?

Bill is doing really great

The stream stopped for me but I got the sense that Bill liked Nabers over Harrison. What did he say about Bowers?
Bill had MHJ rated above Nabers but I think he was happy to throw a little cold water on the consensus top few picks. He is definitely big on Nabers though.

Bill had MHJ rated above Nabers but I think he was happy to throw a little cold water on the consensus top few picks. He is definitely big on Nabers though.
And it was pretty clear he thought Alt was the best player in the draft.

He lit up when discussing the o-linemen. Was going on and on about Latham. Think he just likes to dog the QBs. Old habits die hard.

BB putting an end to Sean Payton's incessant blabbering was pure gold

"There's a lot to like about [that guy]"

if you had to pound a drink every time Bill said that, you'd be down on the floor

Bill really liked Legette. Clearly dodged a bullet there ;)

Jokes aside, he was a treat to listen to tonight.

I watched it because it was actually one of my few options to watch the draft tonight as I cut the cord years ago. The Disney/Hulu is one of the streaming packages I have and it includes ESPN+ which carries McAfee.

Bill was great -- as good as anyone I've seen on a televised draft show -- and it was touching to see his interactions with Aaron Rogers, Sean Payton, Kevin O'Connell.

In particular it's clear Aaron Rogers and Bill have a mutual admiration society. I imagine they fantasize about how many Super Bowls they might have won together.

Unfortunately, Payton was convincing in his praise of Bo Nix whom might be the real deal. He said he had his analytics staff (5 people!) back out all the designed short passes -- Nix crushed the Mac's % completion record -- and Nix was still the #1 QB by most metrics.

One horrible moment though is when Bill praised "Mad Mel" thinking he was Mel Kiper! Ugh. Surprised at that mistake, as I would think backgrounds of all the participants would be thoroughly shared between them.

Bill on the air agreed to be on the McAfee show every Monday during this regular season.

In particular it's clear Aaron Rogers and Bill have a mutual admiration society. I imagine they fantasize about how many Super Bowls they might have won together.
Maybe Aaron not Bill.
That front runner doesn't win as many as Tom

Maybe Aaron not Bill.
That front runner doesn't win as many as Tom
I could picture Bill telling Rodgers in a joking fashion that he doesn't know how many they'd win but it would have been more than f'ing 1.

Absolutely random thought but Bill can basically tamper with anyone he wants and recruit some guys for next year.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back