PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Mac Jones Appears on WEEI, Asks Host, “Have you ever played football?”

I didn't mean any of it from a gender standpoint.
Then, why even inject gender to the discussion?

My comments were basically directed at the natural reaction guys tend to have when it comes to female hosts (which I've seen in here at various points).
Sounds like you're rationalizing rather than objecting to my characterization of the comments as being casual sexism.

It's sad some see it as a "natural reaction", just like casual racism was often characterized as such at one point in time.

There are plenty of females in the business who are top shelf. Mina Kimes, Lindsay Rhodes, Colleen Wolfe, Cynthia Frelund, just to name a few. Meghan isn't in their league at this point in time. Maybe she'll get better, or maybe she'll stay a sidekick to two clowns on a bottom tier sports radio talk station, who knows.

But I think she's exceptional and extremely intelligent, to the point where it makes Jones harder to listen to when he goes off the rails. My point, which I wrote about at various parts of that, was that she's the strength of that show, and the style between the two is so significantly different that Jones needs to figure out where he ultimately wants to go because the current approach just isn't working.
I don't think she's very good. She was on Tom Curran's podcast for a while, and IMO didn't add much. Maybe some day she'll develop a deeper sports acumen, but being a sidekick to the two other clowns on her show isn't likely to help, IMO.

On my point of how the outrageous stuff is what tends to garner the most interest, I literally see very little in terms of traffic from search on the hundreds of things that I've written about all offseason.

I write this, and noticed a spike and saw that this happened:

Just funny how that tends to go, and clearly, this falls under that category. :rolleyes:
Glad to help, lol!

Reactions: Ian
I accidentally got into the care after 2pm yesterday and WEEI was on after catching a little bit of gresh and fauria.

Meggo is fine, shes a chameleon whoever you put her with shes going to fit as that third person.

Arcand and jones are both ****ing HORRIBLE. I legitimately don't ever want to hear their opinions. those two mouth breathing assclowns will turn anything into a negative. Mac Jones could throw 50 touchdowns and zero interceptions and go undefeated, and jones and arcand would some how turn it into "mac didn't throw OVER 50 td's what a joke! we should trade these guys"

The morning show is also really bad.

If Mac can rip them every week that would be great.

Casual sexism 101: She's ok, for a girl.

Actually, she's not very good, but it's not because of gender, it's because EEI is not willing/able to pay people with more talent, ability, experience, etc.
There's nobody any good anywhere on sports radio.

Then, why even inject gender to the discussion?
I don’t know, I guess I didn’t really think about it. I would say the reason I even mentioned it is because there aren’t very many local, female, sports personalities, so my goal was to highlight the fact she’s among the better ones. I’m sure to a certain extent, the goal would be to compare her to every other on air, personality, regardless of gender, but unfortunately, I don’t know if we are there yet or how it would look. But I would say that’s probably a completely different discussion for another day.

Either way, I do like her a lot and I think she does a great job. And I think it has to be challenging for her given the differences between the two.

Maybe Mac would have not responded that way if Jones hadn’t claimed to have an “expert eye.” To be fair to Jones, he may have said it with a smile or some indication that he was joking about his “expertise.”

The issue with the Felger routine is that before too long it comes across as gratuitous negativity and a very obvious defense mechanism for a lack of knowledge and/or insight. I had my fill of it a long time ago, basically never listened to 98.5 other than for the game broadcast and quit WEEI before they even moved to 93.7. I listen to SiriusXM NFL radio mostly, with a little Mad Dog mixed in (but only when Fruit Loop is on, the others are insufferable). With the exception of Bruce Murray (the most pompous windbag I’ve head that is not named Francesa), the SiriusXM NFL hosts are pretty knowledgeable or at least not negativists.

There's an opportunity around here for a host who is pro-Patriots. There are currently none. I would think somebody would try it, just to be different. About the only one was several years ago, a guy from Fall River who had a Saturday afternoon show on EEI, I think his name was Danny? He was great.

Reactions: Ian
Casual sexism 101: She's ok, for a girl.

Actually, she's not very good, but it's not because of gender, it's because EEI is not willing/able to pay people with more talent, ability, experience, etc.

You should go outside more.

The Joker strikes again.

I don't GAS if Adam Jones helped Helen Keller swim in the waters of Lourdes...I despise his veritable existence. Mayfly doesn't belong in this market. There HAS TO BE dozens of area female sports personalities that SHOULD be in her place. I'm 100% NE born and bred and I cannot stand interlopers polluting our treasured dialect with the abominable pronunciations of "and" and "but". Ay-und??? Buy-utt? Every time Jones opens his mouth I want to take a tube of superglue and shut his arrogant, ignorant mouth.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back