PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick and Pioli treading water since 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how some people twist my words. I NEVER said I want to be a Giants fan. I said I'd rather be a fan of a team that wins the super bowl than a fan of a team that loses no matter how good their record was. Bottom line. Hey, I didn't even post on this forum for 2 weeks after the super bowl because I was so upset and depressed over the loss. I tried to tune out all sports shows on TV, radio, and the internet. Now I am back in gear and I just want this team to GET IT DONE in 2008. Excuse me if I'm just not going to sit back and chant the "In Bill and Pioli I Trust" crapola that most of you spew. Sorry, but that hasn't cut the mustard since 2004. Tom Brady is in his PRIME people. We may NEVER get another QB like this. Time for BB and Pioli to GET IT DONE. No more excuses.

Despite most of your opinions being hyperbole and unreasonable, I do agree with you - it's time to get it done. And you know what? There are 31 other teams trying to get it done as well. You can't expect the superbowl to fall into our laps just because we are the Patriots. I'm tired of the playoff loses, but so are other fans. It's life in the NFL.

Last edited:
They CAN'T win it EVERY year. It's NOT possible. They can provide the Chance to win every year, but expecting the front office to go home every year with trophy is unrealistic. The Giants hadn't won since the early 90's.
They won three already, it's not like they FORGOT how to win.

Thank You. Exactly my point. Oppurtunities like we had the last 2 years don't come around forever. Look at the 49ers since the early 90's. Look at the Cowboys since the mi 90's. You have to take advantage of those oppurtunities. Just like you have to take advantage of having arguably the best QB in history and surround the guy with a #1 receiver during his prime. Just letting him play with Moss for 1 year and having flotsam and jetsum this year with 22m in cap space would be a crime.

So Moss has signed elsewhere, and the deadline for spending 22m has gone?

Seriously your argument is no better than "hey we should have won last year instead of losing".

Despite most of your opinions being hyperbole and unreasonable, I do agree with you - it's time to get it done. And you know what? There are 31 other teams trying to get it done as well. You can't expect the superbowl to fall into our laps just because we are the Patriots. I'm tired of the playoff loses, but so are other fans. It's life in the NFL.

Ya, no kidding 31 other teams want the same thing. Difference is those teams don't have Tom Brady and one of the best rosters in the NFL. We are right on the cusp and it's BB and Pioli's job to close the deal. It's about time they get it right this year. Time is ticking because we won't be this close forever.

They CAN'T win it EVERY year. It's NOT possible. They can provide the Chance to win every year, but expecting the front office to go home every year with trophy is unrealistic. The Giants hadn't won since the early 90's.
They won three already, it's not like they FORGOT how to win.

Well, judging from their choke jobs at Indy and against the Giants this year, it certainly is debateable if they've forgotten how to win. Winning titles is different than winning AFC East division games. How many guys on this roster have even won a super bowl? Like 20? The number keeps dwindling every year. 2004 was a lifetime ago.

"He's upset that while his team has arguably the greatest QB/Coach in their primes, they've -if you'd like to admit it or not – flat out blown two Super Bowl titles in a row.

21-3 choke and then allowing Eli to become a Super Bowl Legend."

Excellent points all around, they've let two slip away, nothing wrong with pointing that out IMO, relax people. He's probably also upset that he dropped 10 large to see that sh!tstain of a performance in the Super Bowl, can't fault him for that either.............

Ya, no kidding 31 other teams want the same thing. Difference is those teams don't have Tom Brady and one of the best rosters in the NFL. We are right on the cusp and it's BB and Pioli's job to close the deal. It's about time they get it right this year. Time is ticking because we won't be this close forever.
So if this team had the talent level of the 2002 Patriots, you wouldn't expect as much, do I have that right?
I do agree that it makes it a bit more gut wrenching that the 2007 Pats were the most TALENTED team of the BB era, yet they didn't win it all.

Well, judging from their choke jobs at Indy and against the Giants this year, it certainly is debateable if they've forgotten how to win. Winning titles is different than winning AFC East division games. How many guys on this roster have even won a super bowl? Like 20? The number keeps dwindling every year. 2004 was a lifetime ago.

You're gonna die very unhappy if you expect a world championship EVERY season.
Switch to light beer, that way you won't kill yourself in your eventual binge.

Why has the O.P. not been banned for being a troll yet? How many years does it take?

"He's upset that while his team has arguably the greatest QB/Coach in their primes, they've -if you'd like to admit it or not – flat out blown two Super Bowl titles in a row.

21-3 choke and then allowing Eli to become a Super Bowl Legend."

Excellent points all around, they've let two slip away, nothing wrong with pointing that out IMO, relax people. He's probably also upset that he dropped 10 large to see that sh!tstain of a performance in the Super Bowl, can't fault him for that either.............

Exactly. Bad enough dropping 10 large to see that disaster, but the embarassment of walking out of that stadium getting insulted and mocked by ****y New York fans is something I will never forget. Add that to the fact that I had to drive another 6 hours back to vegas that night after being stuck in the parking lot for 2 hours and, let's just say, I was not a happy camper!!! Brutal to say the least.:mad:

Typical of the I want it all ....all the time and right now...generation. This coming from the guy who said Brady was in decline.......go figure.

Last edited:
Why has the O.P. not been banned for being a troll yet? How many years does it take?

He's hasn't done anything to warrant being banned. He's just a knee-jerk, moaner, who is convince that he could do a better job than the people doing it already in the front office.
People like NSA are annoying, like dragging nails across a chalk board, but no harm is actually done, and eventually they stop.

Well thats stupid to let that influence you. Look, the loss sucks and granted this team has been kicked in the balls hard this month so far. But, there are good times then you have your bad. The best a fan can possibly hope for is a team that year in and year out provides a high chance to win the super bowl. Hey, at least we always have the next season to look forward too, more then what most can say.

Man, the whole atmosphere around this team with the fans and the media went from good to terrible.

You're gonna die very unhappy if you expect a world championship EVERY season.
Switch to light beer, that way you won't kill yourself in your eventual binge.

No, I expect a world championship when we are the heavy favorite to win the title and blow it. I expect the title when we have a 21-3 lead at Indy and have Rex Grossman and the friggen Bears as the last obstacle if we close the deal. Listen, we are not cinderella. We are the New England Patriots. You know, the franchise that is either the favorite or one of the top 3 favorites to win it every year. Ya, that's who we are. It's all fine and dandy to be happy with getting to the playoffs if you are a Cleveland or Seattle fan. It's not ok when you have Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the roster we've had the past couple years. It's time to GET IT DONE. No more excuses this year. Tired of them already. Put up or shut up time.

Typical of the I want it all ....all the time and right now...generation. This coming from the guy who said Brady was in decline.......go figure.

I said Brady was in decline? NEVER. You got me confused with somebody else my friend.

No, I expect a world championship when we are the heavy favorite to win the title and blow it. I expect the title when we have a 21-3 lead at Indy and have Rex Grossman and the friggen Bears as the last obstacle if we close the deal. Listen, we are not cinderella. We are the New England Patriots. You know, the franchise that is either the favorite or one of the top 3 favorites to win it every year. Ya, that's who we are. It's all fine and dandy to be happy with getting to the playoffs if you are a Cleveland or Seattle fan. It's not ok when you have Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the roster we've had the past couple years. It's time to GET IT DONE. No more excuses this year. Tired of them already. Put up or shut up time.

Follow your own advice.
Your act is old, tiring, and repetative.

Thank You. Exactly my point. Oppurtunities like we had the last 2 years don't come around forever. Look at the 49ers since the early 90's. Look at the Cowboys since the mi 90's. You have to take advantage of those oppurtunities. Just like you have to take advantage of having arguably the best QB in history and surround the guy with a #1 receiver during his prime. Just letting him play with Moss for 1 year and having flotsam and jetsum this year with 22m in cap space would be a crime.
Who made those opportunities?????
The NFL by design does not want a dynasty to rule anymore.
This is why the Pats are a special team.
They do not shoot the moon for a one year chance because many things can go wrong.

Follow your own advice.
Your act is old, tiring, and repetative.

Whatever. Sorry if I'm not a pom pom waver. Not my style. I calls it likes I see it. Sometime I am right. Sometimes I am wrong. I know this though. Nobody here took that Super Bowl loss harder than me my friend. I didn't even post on this site for 2 weeks because even thinking about it would put me in a down mood.

Who made those opportunities?????
The NFL by design does not want a dynasty to rule anymore.
This is why the Pats are a special team.
They do not shoot the moon for a one year chance because many things can go wrong.

Special team? Based on what? Spitting the bit and getting laughed at by billions of viewers worldwide in the super bowl with NFL immortality on the line? That's not special. That's an embarassment.

Whatever. Sorry if I'm not a pom pom waver. Not my style. I calls it likes I see it. Sometime I am right. Most times I am wrong. I know this though. Nobody here took that Super Bowl loss harder than me my friend. I didn't even post on this site for 2 weeks because even thinking about it would put me in a down mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psm3MYDFFJs
Nice hearing from you NSA.

Maybe you could take some more time off?:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft