PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick: "A lot of teams are kind of reluctant to trade..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outta be the same for Danny Ainge. I can't believe his number isn't blocked at this point. Nothing good can come of trading with that bastard.
Danny doesnt trade enough for the reasons you say. He needs to get a rebounder/paint protector in here.

"I know what you mean, Bill."

auerbach_22.jpg

Red should have seen jail for all the robberies he committed.

Danny doesnt trade enough for the reasons you say. He needs to get a rebounder/paint protector in here.
He's on his way

Everything I've read about him says he's a real SOB.

Red should have seen jail for all the robberies he committed.
Apparently sending the Ice Capadas to St. Louis sealed the Russell deal. The St. Louis owner denies it but, I doubt he'd want to admit it lol.

He's on his way

Everything I've read about him says he's a real SOB.

I dont see him as a shotblocker but could be an ok rebounder clean-up scorer.

Joe Barry Carrol and some mid round pick for Parish and McHale might be the greatest trade in history.
Traded two Hall of Famers for Russell and still fleeced them badly :D.

I dont see him as a shotblocker but could be an ok rebounder clean-up scorer.
I really hope he tried to get Bogut and they just preferred to send him to a treadmiller in Dallas instead of a possible dark horse contender.

Apparently sending the Ice Capadas to St. Louis sealed the Russell deal. The St. Louis owner denies it but, I doubt he'd want to admit it lol.

That story is fact.

Walter Brown was an investor in the IC and steered shows to Rochester and agreed not to draft Rus.

Outta be the same for Danny Ainge. I can't believe his number isn't blocked at this point. Nothing good can come of trading with that bastard.
Except Danny, for the most part, has acquired a lot of useless assets. Nobody wants mid to late 1st or second round picks. Celtics already have had to cut recent 1st round picks because they had too many marginal players and no one was willing to give anything for them. In the NBA you have superstars (few), better players (a few more) and every one else, who for the most part are interchangeable

Except Danny, for the most part, has acquired a lot of useless assets. Nobody wants mid to late 1st or second round picks. Celtics already have had to cut recent 1st round picks because they had too many marginal players and no one was willing to give anything for them. In the NBA you have superstars (few), better players (a few more) and every one else, who for the most part are interchangeable
Uh...Jaylen Brown is going to be a stud and he has two more picks from the worst team in the league. Wouldn't call those useless. Aside from Spurs brass and Myers, he's as good as anyone.

Jaylen was a top 5 pick, that doesnt count, most other picks we have gotten recently were in the 15ish-20 range...which like was said, is usually pretty useless

I've always thought the same thing. At what point do GMs just not even entertain the call? 99% of the time BB absolutely fleeces these GMs. I can only think of two trades that didn't work out (Haynesworth and Ochocinco) and we only gave up a couple late round picks.

He really is incredible. Whether it be spotting talent that isn't being used properly, taking a low risk (cost) flier on a big talent, or getting rid of players past their prime for significant draft capital.

No matter what some people say, BB the GM >>>> all other GMs

Um Derrick Burgess? We gave up a 3rd and 4Th round picks. He was awful here.

I like BB the GM, although sometimes I question his drafting (severely reaching on players in the 2nd round like Richards, Tavon Wilson, choosing Cunningham over Dunlap despite Meyer connection). With that said, BB is still the best GM in the league

Joe Barry Carrol and some mid round pick for Parish and McHale might be the greatest trade in history.

Heathcliff Slocumb for Derek Lowe and Jason Varitek. Single handedly brought 2 World Series Championships to Boston. Has to be in consideration..

This BB thing is more a perception than a reality. GMs do what they need to do in a specific context--they cannot afford to romanticize or fear certain other GMs. Besides our record on trades is not all that exceptional--we very often cut players we just spent a 5th or 6th round picks on.

As to the Celtics... I sometimes enjoy the draft almost as much as the season, so just having picks is always makes it more exciting. After all, the NBA's top 20 stars all got drafted, and several of them were not top 5 picks. If we credit GMs for making great draft picks, we have to blame GMs who, given the changce, passed on these stars--no matter how many did.

Sopoaga is another trade that didn't work very well.

Trading a 5th to Oakland for WR Doug Gabriel...who then gets cut mid-season....only to go back to Oakland.

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back