PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belicheck or Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frezo

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I could swear that when BB came to NE he spelled his name with an E. (Belicheck) Now Patriots.com has it spelled with an I. Can somebody else remember this? Am I delusional?

better see a shrink

Youre delusional

I think its spelled "Bellicheat." At least according to comment sections on sports websites.
;)

It's always been Belichick.

Dont listen to them. It used to be Belicheck. But then he hooked up with that blonde.:rolleyes2:

I could swear that when BB came to NE he spelled his name with an E. (Belicheck) Now Patriots.com has it spelled with an I. Can somebody else remember this? Am I delusional?

"The Education of a Coach" said that the spelling of BB's last name was "Americanized" for his family before BB was ever born. I think it was for his father or uncle in school, but I'm not sure. I don't remember the original spelling.

Last edited:
I think it's BeliCut.

It's a silent B. It's actually pronounced "The Hooded One"

According to The Education of a Coach, it was originally Bilicic (with some of those fun Croatian accents on the c's). Go figure. :)

Regarding the recent discussions about whether there ought to be some changes to the Board--restricting threads, posts, etc......here's Exhibit A. A thread about how to spell the coach's name. Good God.

Gospon Belicic je valjda najpoznatiji hrvatski amerikanac svih vremena te vjerojatno najbolji trener americkog nogometa u povijesti.

WEll I'm not imagining things. There are numerous posts here dating back to 2006 spelling it with an E. Google turns up many hits with an E also. It does appear that I is correct though.

In all seriousity, I believe it is either Belichuck or Belichock.

Sorry fellas. I guess it is what it wasn't or was what it isn't or ain't what it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back