PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Before you start preparing for the Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
LET'S GO CINCY

Going to miss the game..**** **** ****

Yep, the first play. Good stuff.

I remember because I was a little late getting to my seat. I MAY have been drinking a little in the lot before the game:rocker:

I don't get it. You can't control what the other teams in the playoffs do so why worry about them? The Pats will need to beat the best to become the best. So I don't care about the results either way. All I care about is that the Pats keep piling up Ws on the way to their next Lombardi.

As for Tebow. Maybe the gig is up but you never know. Big Ben is banged up big time, the Steeler's secondary is weak, and Denver has two of the best passrushers in the League in Von Miller and Dumervil. Do I think they can get after a hobbled Big Ben? Absolutely. They could give him fits. If Ben has a very dirty uniform at the end of the game chances are that Denver can pull out a win.

The playoffs look to be very interesting. bottom line - the Pats must take care of their OWN BUSINESS whoever they face. And the road to the superbowl in the AFC runs 1through Foxboro. That is a GREAT advantage to have. Let's make the best of it! Go Pats!!!

"The Steelers secondary is weak""?!

I'll have some of what this guy is smokin'! The #1 pass defense in the league is WEAK? Ummm...ok.

I'll have some of what this guy is smokin'! The #1 pass defense in the league is WEAK? Ummm...ok.

Sorry Buddy, you're going to get mauled this time. Pittsburgh will get through Denver but their road ends in Foxboro. Should have held onto that man to man game plan until the post season, but now the ace card is out of your sleeve. I see LeBeau pulling the same plan again; he has no other choice, but this time we'll be ready for it.

Last edited:
Sorry Buddy, you're going to get mauled this time. Pittsburgh will get through Denver but their road ends in Foxboro. Should have held onto that man to man game plan until the post season, but now the ace card is out of your sleeve. I see LeBeau pulling the same plan again; he has no other choice, but this time we'll be ready for it.

"Being ready for it" and being able to EXECUTE against it are two different things. How long did it take the Pats to figure out what was going on? You don't think Brady and Co. made mid-game adjustments that week? C'mon...BB and Brady are some of the best in the business at making adjustments on the fly.

That being said, a road game against the Pats isn't ideal. Pittsburgh played a nearly "perfect" game against NE in the regular season, but can they do it again? I don't know, but I hope to find out.

I really don't see the Pats walking over the Steelers. This Pats team has some glaring problems in the secondary, an area were Pittsburgh now excels with a very good receiving corp, and a D-line that has trouble generating a pass rush, another big key to beating the Steelers. If we get past the Donkeys this week, it should be a hell of a ballgame next week!

well they might as well start preparing to pitt now

"Being ready for it" and being able to EXECUTE against it are two different things. How long did it take the Pats to figure out what was going on? You don't think Brady and Co. made mid-game adjustments that week? C'mon...BB and Brady are some of the best in the business at making adjustments on the fly.

That being said, a road game against the Pats isn't ideal. Pittsburgh played a nearly "perfect" game against NE in the regular season, but can they do it again? I don't know, but I hope to find out.

I really don't see the Pats walking over the Steelers. This Pats team has some glaring problems in the secondary, an area were Pittsburgh now excels with a very good receiving corp, and a D-line that has trouble generating a pass rush, another big key to beating the Steelers. If we get past the Donkeys this week, it should be a hell of a ballgame next week!

I think Chung..who did not play last time,will be looking down the middle for Miller this time.

The Pats rarely,if ever get beat badly by one particular player twice in one season....don't expect Miller to be wide open like he was in October.

Do not sell your tickets to steelers fans

I agree with you Triggerfish. The Steelers secondary is far from "weak."

Unless the NFL's #1 pass defense is now somehow considered weak?

Maybe he felt that was the case since Ryan Clark won't be playing vs the Broncos? That's about all I can come with on that one...I don't know any other reason anyone would say that?

With Polamalu and Clark as the safeties, and Ike Taylor really having an incredible year, I think they are very tough vs the pass and the run...

Not only that, but we all know about their pass rush.

That all said, I don't think the Patriots struggle nearly as bad on Saturday night. It should be a great game, but I think NE is better prepared this time.

Crosses fingers.

This is exactly why I did not want the #1 seed, and would have preferred the #2 instead...much to everyone's dismay around here.

I agree with you Triggerfish. The Steelers secondary is far from "weak."

Unless the NFL's #1 pass defense is now somehow considered weak?

Maybe he felt that was the case since Ryan Clark won't be playing vs the Broncos? That's about all I can come with on that one...I don't know any other reason anyone would say that?

With Polamalu and Clark as the safeties, and Ike Taylor really having an incredible year, I think they are very tough vs the pass and the run...

Not only that, but we all know about their pass rush.

That all said, I don't think the Patriots struggle nearly as bad on Saturday night. It should be a great game, but I think NE is better prepared this time.

Crosses fingers.

This is exactly why I did not want the #1 seed, and would have preferred the #2 instead...much to everyone's dismay around here.

Then have to go on the road to face an even better team in the AFCCG. Fact is we have three tough teams competing with us, we earned 1st seed by being better, so we just have to continue that at home.

You still can't overlook Denver, they could be our first opponent and our best matchup.

Then have to go on the road to face an even better team in the AFCCG. Fact is we have three tough teams competing with us, we earned 1st seed by being better, so we just have to continue that at home.

You still can't overlook Denver, they could be our first opponent and our best matchup.

bert-and-ernie-reaction.gif

I cannot get excited about the Broncs versus the Steelers; it feels more like an execution than a game.

Last edited:
In previous matchups, Polamalu makes 0 plays and gets torched about 5 times when he plays the Pats (don't get me wrong, he's a fantastic player, but way too aggressive and Brady takes advantage of this)

When I saw Polamalu making plays in our last matchup, I knew something was wrong. Hopefully he looks like a ragdoll in the next game!

The steelers have a good defense, but realistically over the course of the last 10years the Pats have always had their number...the only reason they beat us this season is because they decided to play unconventionally against us and it threw the offense off.

even then though, after half-time they figured it out and nearly mounted a comeback.

The Pats never get fooled twice and I expect the pats to be prepared for man-man, zone or whatever the steelers throw at them.

if Roethlisberger and the offense still looks anemic this week im liking our chances against the steelers

I cannot get excited about the Broncs versus the Steelers; it feels more like an execution than a game.

Execution by whom? Pitt should win the game but I can guarantee you that Miller, Dumervil and others will make Roethlisberger's day a living hell by forcing him to run around and move around. Seeing that Ben was sacked 40 times this year and a whole bunch recently, I expect him to hit the dirt a few times today.

You can only make so much adjustments on the fly within the confines of the game plan and what parts of the playbook was installed for that week- when we chose to start the ancient Faulk over four other competent backs, that was a clear indication that we were expecting Brady to eat up the zone and move downfield quickly.

When the box score shows a pathetic 11 run attempts, that's a clear indication there was absolutely no emphasis on the run game and that's always going to be a big mistake where our offense is concerned.

And as pointed elsewhere, Miller ran amok because nobody expected that- you can be assured the same won't happen again. He'll be shut down.

Off of what I saw yesterday, I'm not at all sure that the Ravens will make it to the AFCCG. The Texans dispite the injury to Schaub, looked like a complete team last night. I am begining to think one of the AFCCG participants will be the Texans.

Aside from Schaub, they have gotten all their big players back except for Mario, who was lost very early, and JJ Watts looks like an excellent fill-in.

Off of what I saw yesterday, I'm not at all sure that the Ravens will make it to the AFCCG. The Texans dispite the injury to Schaub, looked like a complete team last night. I am begining to think one of the AFCCG participants will be the Texans.

I would love to see that but highly doubt it. Houston will have their "rookie QB on the road in the playoffs" moment next week unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back