PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Before you start preparing for the Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see that but highly doubt it. Houston will have their "rookie QB on the road in the playoffs" moment next week unfortunately.

Quoted for truth.

The ravens aren't going to let the texans Arian Foster them to death. At some point Yates is gonna have to make some big plays in that game against one of the best Defenses in the league. Not to mention baltimore, like the saints are exceptional at home.

Off of what I saw yesterday, I'm not at all sure that the Ravens will make it to the AFCCG. The Texans dispite the injury to Schaub, looked like a complete team last night. I am begining to think one of the AFCCG participants will be the Texans.

Aside from Schaub, they have gotten all their big players back except for Mario, who was lost very early, and JJ Watts looks like an excellent fill-in.

I think the Ravens are very overated

I think the Ravens are very overated

I thought I was the only one. It boggles my mind how they get so much respect in the media. I think its because a lot of the former players on tv likes Ray Lewis.

lo and behold the Broncos come through with the victory, thus making the 8-8 (and under) playoff club 5 for 5 in their first playoff game.

Certainly an anomaly. Sure, it helps that three of those teams had home field advantage, but even two of those teams were clear underdogs (Broncos against Steelers yesterday, Seahawks against Saints last year).

lo and behold the Broncos come through with the victory, thus making the 8-8 (and under) playoff club 5 for 5 in their first playoff game.

Certainly an anomaly. Sure, it helps that three of those teams had home field advantage, but even two of those teams were clear underdogs (Broncos against Steelers yesterday, Seahawks against Saints last year).

Good call Maverick. Did all those 8-8 teams lose their 2nd game? I think they did, so hopefully that will hold true too this weekend!

Well done, well done.

Did all those 8-8 teams lose their 2nd game?

Yes, they ALL lost their second game. Hopefully that trend continues as well.

Also, it's a good thing they all lost their second game. After all, I think it would be bad for a team to win the Super Bowl after finishing the regular season 8-8.

Last edited:
"The Steelers secondary is weak""?!

I'll have some of what this guy is smokin'! The #1 pass defense in the league is WEAK? Ummm...ok.

tim tebow 316 yards 2 tds and an absolute bomb to D. Thomas in OT. I stand corrected, the Steelers secondary isn't weak. It just doesn't get the job done when all the marbles are on the line. That was a beast of a play by Thomas though, he stuffed Ike Taylor with a nasty stiffarm, made him look silly, then jetted all the way to paydirt. I'll just say better offense wins on that play.

Oops where did all the Steelers trolls go? Silent as crickets here now.

Last edited:
tim tebow 316 yards 2 tds and an absolute bomb to D. Thomas in OT. I stand corrected, the Steelers secondary isn't weak. It just doesn't get the job done when all the marbles are on the line. That was a beast of a play by Thomas though, he stuffed Ike Taylor with a nasty stiffarm, made him look silly, then jetted all the way to paydirt. I'll just say better offense wins on that play.

Oops where did all the Steelers trolls go? Silent as crickets here now.

LOL. To be fair, Triggerfish has been around in other threads taking his lumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes