PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard Tweet: Light and Patriots hope to reach agreement today

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason why Matt Light can't play guard. In fact it might be a good move for him late in his career.
Now no one has banged the drum for Matt Light to evolve into an excellent G than me. I think he could seamlessly move to the LG position and thrive. RG, however is a different story. Light has played the last 13 years or so playing on the Left side. I know it might seem like its no problem, but I would question the likelihood that he could make a smooth switch to the right side of the line at this late date

Now no one has banged the drum for Matt Light to evolve into an excellent G than me. I think he could seamlessly move to the LG position and thrive. RG, however is a different story. Light has played the last 13 years or so playing on the Left side. I know it might seem like its no problem, but I would question the likelihood that he could make a smooth switch to the right side of the line at this late date

As you should know, it makes a huge difference for a tackle. For a guard, not so much.

Light can't play guard. Maybe he could've earlier in his career, but from what I hear that's just not an option for him.

You've said this numerous times, but you haven't cited anything..

Matt Light can't play right guard. Solder is not ready to play anywhere on this line and won't be a starter or regular for a long while. The big question is Stephen Neal's spot at Right Guard. Dan Connolly, signed through this year, played quite ably in Neal's absence last season and will also be the featured kick returner in 2011.

"Dan Connolly, you are ridiculous!"

The line is in great shape, is a cohesive unit and is coached by the best in the business.

WOW. It must be nice to know all this stuff..

Why can't Light play RG?
How do you know that Solder is not ready to play on the line and that it will be a "long while" before he's a regular?

People can say that Light can't play RG because BB has said that Matt Light is a LT and only a LT. Now, perhaps BB has changed his take on that over the years, but that's what he's on record as having said.

What people seem to forget is that was said in reference to Light playing RT. Not a guard position..

It would be mahvelous if Solder turns out to be that ready that fast, but the odds are greatly stacked against it. Big job for a rookie, short training camp, and he's got some muscle to put on according to reports. That's three strikes against him.

I agree. The footwork is very different on the left side compared to the right. LT's often make excellent LG's. RT's often make fine RG's.

I don't see light playing RG......not big or strong enough

I'd love to see Light signed and back in the fold. I don't see any reason why he couldn't slide inside to play guard if necessary.

Dunno why, but I've got the same feeling about Marcus Cannon as I had about Hernandez last year.

BTW, it was a good feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft