Bedard Pats/Colts Film Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
He is tweeting some stuff about the game so figured i'd start this thread

@GregABedard
I expect Easley to blow up Fleener (who can't block) for 3 yd loss. I don't expect Revis to equal Castonzo on pull. Well done 24

@GregABedard
Luck was really gun shy against the Patriots. Didn't like seeing guys lurking in zone coverage. Didn't pull trigger on a lot of throws.

Yum. Can't wait to get the reports on this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get dueling reports from Rob and Deus - those are actually very useful, as well as entertaining.

Yum. Can't wait to get the reports on this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get dueling reports from Rob and Deus - those are actually very useful, as well as entertaining.

At least both can see the thread this time.

Eager to see what he says, as always.

Though I'm pretty sure the tape is going to show what we saw live: we beat the absolute crap out of these guys, all over the field. In the trenches, at the line w/ their receivers. We flat-out out-muscled a team, and I think that's gotta be everyone's favorite way to win.

When is his actual radio appearance? Today or tomorrow?

If our run defense finishes the season like it played against Denver and Indy, we can beat anybody. A good secondary that can play nickel the whole game is a luxury not many teams have. If Chandler Joes can come back and improve the pass rush. we win the AFC.

If our run defense finishes the season like it played against Denver and Indy, we can beat anybody. A good secondary that can play nickel the whole game is a luxury not many teams have. If Chandler Joes can come back and improve the pass rush. we win the AFC.

I feel the colts and Broncos don't have a run game so it's not a good representation of our run D. The real test will be Green Bay who has lacy. Even though the Bears lost, forte had a respectable game. And of course we were blown out by Jamal Charles.

BUT we now have branch and siliga is coming back soon and hopefully jones. So we'll know what we'll have in the next 2 games.

I feel the colts and Broncos don't have a run game so it's not a good representation of our run D. The real test will be Green Bay who has lacy. Even though the Bears lost, forte had a respectable game. And of course we were blown out by Jamal Charles.

BUT we now have branch and siliga is coming back soon and hopefully jones. So we'll know what we'll have in the next 2 games.

Prior to Sunday the Colts had 1024 yards rushing in 9 games. Bradshaw and Richardson were playing well. GB had 912 yards after 9 games.

Prior to Sunday the Colts had 1024 yards rushing in 9 games. Bradshaw and Richardson were playing well. GB had 912 yards after 9 games.

I just went with the eye test. Richardson is not playing well at all though.

Are you including Luck in those numbers? I mean he was the leading rusher against us on Sunday.

If this team can contain the run & apply pressure w/ 4-5 players and leave 6-7 in the secondary then the Pats win the Super Bowl.

I just went with the eye test. Richardson is not playing well at all though.

Denver's rushing DVOA heading into week 11 was 14th at -3.9%, GB's was 12th at -2.4%. Indy's wasn't very good, 25th at -16%, but 14 rushes for 4 yards is no joke.

At this point, it seems most prudent to assume NE is no worse than a good run defense. They probably aren't as great as they've seemed of late, but KC and Miami are so far back in the rearview mirror that we might as well be referencing their struggles in 2005.

Hard to put much stock in what Forte did in an epic blowout.

Numbers aside and going by the eye test (which can be just as flawed I admit), it just seems like since the Jets game we really haven't had a run defense issue. We haven't been a lock down unit in each game, but I never felt like we COULDN'T stop the run when we needed to. Part of that is how the games were going, but I think part of it too is that BB's run defense typically gets better as the year goes on and he gets players to fill their roles appropriately. I'm not concerned with the run defense at all going forward, assuming relative health.

Denver's rushing DVOA heading into week 11 was 14th at -3.9%, GB's was 12th at -2.4%. Indy's wasn't very good, 25th at -16%, but 14 rushes for 4 yards is no joke.

At this point, it seems most prudent to assume NE is no worse than a good run defense. They probably aren't as great as they've seemed of late, but KC and Miami are so far back in the rearview mirror that we might as well be referencing their struggles in 2005.

I think we do have a good run D. Don't get me wrong. But the games that will be tough aren't the ones where teams have a great running O or passing O. Coz the pats can definitely match up against anyone. It's those teams that have a balanced O. Rodgers-lacy, smith-charles, Ben-bell.....Houston might be legit now.

Hard to put much stock in what Forte did in an epic blowout.

"You want to run the ball and waste 40 seconds to pick up five or six yards when you're down by four scores? Be my guest!"

I think we do have a good run D. Don't get me wrong. But the games that will be tough aren't the ones where teams have a great running O or passing O. Coz the pats can definitely match up against anyone. It's those teams that have a balanced O. Rodgers-lacy, smith-charles, Ben-bell.....Houston might be legit now.

Sure, but by that standard Denver should have been included in your list. They came into Foxboro with a passing offense superior to what GB has now and Hillman had been tearing it up.

I get what you are saying, but I just think you are letting a little bit of the ugly September seep into your evaluation. :)

You better watch it Mister or I will start blocking you. :D

I will try to do what I can, but I don't know if I have the time today to transcribe.

He is tweeting some stuff about the game so figured i'd start this thread

@GregABedard
I expect Easley to blow up Fleener (who can't block) for 3 yd loss. I don't expect Revis to equal Castonzo on pull. Well done 24

@GregABedard
Luck was really gun shy against the Patriots. Didn't like seeing guys lurking in zone coverage. Didn't pull trigger on a lot of throws.

I guess my "Belichick is in Andrew Luck's head" thread wasn't too far off.

Sure, but by that standard Denver should have been included in your list. They came into Foxboro with a passing offense superior to what GB has now and Hillman had been tearing it up.

I get what you are saying, but I just think you are letting a little bit of the ugly September seep into your evaluation. :)

Maybe you're right. However I have never counted on any of the Broncos rbs aside from Moreno. I just don't think they're that good. But lacy is special.

Charted Luck's game like he did Brady to get to Felger. Three plus plays and 10 negative plays. Brady never played this bad. Six were negative decisions. The Pats were in his head.

Brady had 8 plus plays and 9 negative plays (eight were in the first half). Four were negative decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back