PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard : Its superbowl or bust for BB after Collins trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t “take it to mean” you can’t think of any bad call, you said you can’t think of any bad call.

The point here is not to give you examples of game management and personnel decisions and have you explain why you agree with them. But it’s easy to cite examples, @Chiuba E. Obele came up with several from just last year: the pooch kick against the Eagles and the game planning against the Dolphins. Want to go back further? Benching Seymour for attending his grandmother’s funeral and missing a practice. All mistakes.

But again, the point here is not to have you laboriously go through and say why you think they were all the right calls. They of course can all be discussed—some may feel that kicking that way against Philly was a terrific idea, for example. I think that’s a bonkers position to take, but fine. The point is you can’t think of ANY mistakes Belichick has made in game management or personnel. You say maybe examples exist, but you just can’t remember them. OK. Pay attention going forward and chime in when you disagree with something. Until then, I’ll assume if Belichick does it, you agree it’s the right thing to do.

If you are one of those proud few who think that pooch kick had any substantial effect on the game - except maybe giving the Eagles 10-15 more yards than a normal punt if fair caught - then there is no reason to talk.

If you are one of those proud few who think that pooch kick had any substantial effect on the game - except maybe giving the Eagles 10-15 more yards than a normal punt if fair caught - then there is no reason to talk.
Especially since NE immediately put PHI in 3rd-and-long and then choked and gave up a big 3rd down play.

A clumsier way to escape an argument you were losing is hard to imagine.

Bedard is getting so fat the fat cells are climbing up his spinal cord and they're impeding his brain function.

At least we're not the Jets where it's Mediocre Bust or Really Bad Bust.

A clumsier way to escape an argument you were losing is hard to imagine.

Not losing any argument its just a pointless discussion. You brought up completely pointless examples.

You blame gameplanning for a bad game against Miami even when we were continously unable to move the ball before that game. If you wanna blame BB here then its laughable to go the gameplanning route when there obviously were a lot of issues with our OL duting that time.

And then when I give you one of his biggest whiffs ever when he totally screwed up the transition from Dante in the first place which ultimately is the root for those issues in late 2015 you dont even acknowledge it.

You are just arguing for arguments sake and its boring.

Bedard's expectations are the ridiculously high expectations the local media puts on this team year in and year out. To them, anything short of a Super Bowl appearance is a failure - and this year, Coach Bedard thinks if they don't win this year is a failure. Why, because they traded Collins? totally backwards logic. F&M will use this article for the rest of the season.
Two years ago Belichick saw a schedule that included Dalton, Cutler, Manning, Luck, Stafford, Rogers, and Rivers. All these guys are capable of 350 and 4 tds. So he got Revis and Browner to combat that, acquired Akeem Ayers during the season and the rest is SB history.
Belichick must think Collins isn't going to be the difference between losing in the AFC Championship and winning the SB...the man has a track record, eh?

Not losing any argument its just a pointless discussion. You brought up completely pointless examples.

You blame gameplanning for a bad game against Miami even when we were continously unable to move the ball before that game. If you wanna blame BB here then its laughable to go the gameplanning route when there obviously were a lot of issues with our OL duting that time.

And then when I give you one of his biggest whiffs ever when he totally screwed up the transition from Dante in the first place which ultimately is the root for those issues in late 2015 you dont even acknowledge it.

You are just arguing for arguments sake and its boring.

Actually, the issue at hand was your inability to cite a single example where you felt Bill Belichick made a mistake in game management or handling personnel. First you claimed that your memory is so poor that, golly gee, you just can’t remember any. You repeatedly asked for examples to shift the discussion onto debating the merits of a particular decision. That is what’s pointless and boring.

But I suppose you’ve accomplished your goal of changing the subject, so mission accomplished there.

Fatdard just put Zeke Elliot over Tom Brady in his top 5 players so far.

Fatdard just put Zeke Elliot over Tom Brady in his top 5 players so far.

It was an MVP top 5, and a very legit argument can be made for Elliot.

Has Bill Belichick ever made a mistake?

Many.
Some potentially costing us a SB win. (Not letting Gost go for the FG vs 4th & long).
Lots of draft mistakes.
Ignoring Goody's memo on camera placement because he (BB) read it correctly but not anticipating that the big man rules, even when wrong.
But his batting avg on player selection and his gameday decisions are far above the norm such that we're spoiled expecting SB or Bust these last 2 decades.

If the Pats beat the Broncos they have HFA in the AFC and that should be able to get them there.

Against Denver it all comes down to the OL. I think you need to protect with 5 and send 5 out so that you have a few 1 on 1 matches you can go quick to as opposed to hurtling and leaving them with 7 to cover 3 while your 7 slowly lose to their 4 man pass rush with no one open.

Against Pitt you just need to score period. Hopefully contain Bell and Brown mostly and put up 30+,

The Oak are Pitt lite and no one else in the AFC really is concerning IMO.

Vs the NFC Seattle and Dallas could give the Pats issues but it is possible neither makes it and we get a fairly easy superbowl.

If the Pats beat the Broncos they have HFA in the AFC and that should be able to get them there.

Against Denver it all comes down to the OL. I think you need to protect with 5 and send 5 out so that you have a few 1 on 1 matches you can go quick to as opposed to hurtling and leaving them with 7 to cover 3 while your 7 slowly lose to their 4 man pass rush with no one open.

Against Pitt you just need to score period. Hopefully contain Bell and Brown mostly and put up 30+,

Vs the NFC Seattle and Dallas could give the Pats issues but it is possible neither makes it and we get a fairly easy superbowl.

Just talking to a Cowboys fan and they are on Cloud 9 down there..

After loosing at home against the Jets, Ravens and again to the Ravens over the last 6-7 years, never dismiss any team in the playoffs. They all want to prove that they are the best by beating the best and will play 100+% against us (except maybe not the Dolts as that is not in their nature).

I like our chances at home, obviously, but if lesser teams have gone on the road and won the superbowl (like the 2007 Giants, and 2012 Ravens) I think every team thinks they can win once they make the playoffs.

The Patriots need to be consistently good in all 3 phases of the game, and they can beat anyone, anywhere anyday.

Bedard is getting so fat the fat cells are climbing up his spinal cord and they're impeding his brain function.

By that logic you would weigh the size of a planet.

For me it's simple, but then so am I. Belichick decided he couldn't trust Collins to be reliable when they will really need him to be relied upon. Collins is an incredible talent who doesn't care about what he does and that is a recipe for a short career in the NFL.

I promise you (for example) if The Raiders beat NE in the AFCCG 27-21 or something like that the Collins argument will never disswpear from this season. Actually, if their defense is the reason they lose any playoff game then sadly BB will be blamed for it due to this trade. Just how it is.

Every year it's Super Bowl or bust. We're not the jets we don't brag about getting to conference title games(even though I saw several people on here who do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back