PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Beast Mode may not be done (unsurprisingly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does comeback I think Seattle cuts him because they got no cap room. Also I don't think we can afford him unless we plan on cutting some people here and there to make room.

The Pats have over 9M in cap space currently. why would you think we couldn't afford him on a 1 year /pro-rated basis.

Money wise I would want him cheaper than that. We need to roll as much money forward to hold onto the defensive players on this team.

Don't see it making much sense for him. His legacy is sealed. Seattle loves him. Saw he was doing an episode with Bear Grills.

The Pats have over 9M in cap space currently. why would you think we couldn't afford him on a 1 year /pro-rated basis.

Lets assume for the sake of argument that he really comes back and doesn't sign with "his Raiders". Why would he even sign here for the usual peanuts that we offer to RBs instead of cashing in with some mediocre franchise? He has a ring and a strong narrative for the HoF...

I stopped reading when I got to this point: "Lynch has a $9 million salary"

I stopped reading when I got to this point: "Lynch has a $9 million salary"

I don't think we would offer enough anyways, but I would consider it especially because it will be done after week 1, when his salary isn't guaranteed for the rest of the season. He could be an expensive sub until Dion Lewis comes back, and he has no guaranteed money next year (roster bonus of $3M at some point I think).

Still, I expect the Raiders or even the Jaguars (who have $38M left in cap space) to offer more to Seattle so this is all moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back