PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Because Its the Offseason - Arian Foster spotted in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady was playing lights out that whole quarter against an elite defense... Seattle needed a miracle catch to get down that deep into Pats territory and Butler answered in kind with a miracle catch of his own. Brady's performance was no inexplicable event - it was raw talent and intellect. To say otherwise is obtuse.

Don't engage a Rusty. A Rusty's anti Brady agenda is well documented on another forum.

POSTSEASON RECORDS

Wins

Brady: 22

SB Wins
Brady, Bradshaw, Montana: 4

SB Appearances
Brady: 6

SB MVP
Brady, Montana: 3

Conference Title Games
Brady: 10

Passing Yards
Brady 7,647

Passing TDs
Brady: 55

Passes Complete
Brady: 711

Comebacks
Brady: 6

Game Winning Drives
Brady: 9

Pass Attempts
Brady: 1,128

That's great. He's had a TON of help in the greatest team sport in the world, thanks to his GM and Coach, and all the players around him. This isn't golf or tennis, or even baseball.

I 'd also prefer to polish the laurels AFTER his career is over.

Again, thank god for Malcolm Butler.

Since 2007, his TD/INT ratio has skyrocketed in the postseason. Just saying. And, that's tied directly to the offensive shift in 2006 and 2007.

It's 10 years later and he's played in mediocre fashion in title games and SBs since.

Some of you are the very definition as to why Pats fans are mocked all over the country. You think everything rises and sets only by Brady's arm.

I disagree.

A lot.

Team sport.

Last edited:
FFS, can we ban it yet? Can someone explain to me what I need to do to ignore this jackass, it seems time to punch my ignore v-card....

You do realize that you're picking apart two throws in what is sure to go down as one of the greatest passing performances in Super Bowl history, correct?

I think you mean 4th qtr.

His 1st and 3rd qtrs were horrendous. Did you watch the SB? A bad 1st and 3rd qtrs and a great 2nd and 4th qtr, still means he played an uneven game. We need 4 qtrs\ like Brady used to do with Weis here.

IN SB 46, if one of his own gaffes do not occur, we win SB 46:

1. Safety to start the game.
2. INT on 1st down (a killer) to a hobbled Gronk.
3. High throw to Welker, who was wide open.

Just 1. If 1 of those does not happen, we win.

You can't make fun of a Manning pick 6 in a SB, and then ignore Brady's poor plays.

FFS, can we ban it yet? Can someone explain to me what I need to do to ignore this jackass, it seems time to punch my ignore v-card....

What is the problem? I am not stating anything but facts.

When we use a lead back in a title game and SB and stop subbing, this discussion ends. My concern is still my only concern with this team until it gets fixed. I've already stated Donald Brown might work in this area, but they need another guy. Maybe it's Gaffney?

Until then, it's up to Brady and McDaniels to get their heads out of their asses against the good/great Ds. The match up obsession out of the shotgun spread, is a clear failure. Our team gets punched in the mouth and everyone looks around wondering why it keeps happening.

Imagine if Butler didn't do what he did? The media would be asking for BB to be fired and your friends Felger and Mazz would be saying that the D allowing 31 points to Seattle would be a disgrace.

I can just hear it now.

2 INTs?

His 1st and 3rd qtrs were awful and we almost lost! Did you not see what Browner/Butler had to do with an assist from Hightower? We needed a miracle and the greatest play in SB history by an UDFA to make those stats mean anything. Do you not get this?

It's a great thing Brady had that great 4th qtr. Do you honestly enjoy watching him fiddle throughout the entire game, throwing INTs in the end zone, INTs on 1st downs like that?

His 4th qtr is what made those numbers those numbers.

Excellent! I am glad he realized he had to bail himself out instead of looking like a deer in the headlights, wondering why this nightmare keeps happening, as he shoots past 40 pass attempts, looking over for the next shotgun spread playcall, to the delight of the opposing D.I don't want it to have to be that way, like he's on some personal quest for the ultimate Japanese gameshow, with our D under the gun constantly in an offensive era, where every single damn thing favors offenses, fantasy football, revenue, and yes, teams going to Europe and probably China.

So, yes, the 2 INTs thing is awful for a HOF QB. It's like clockwork. Good or great D, 40+ passes, 2 INTs, short fields, loss of momentum, possible loss, and our D blamed.

Good lord. Is this honestly a lot to ask in an easier offensive era, with all rules favoring offenses and QBs?

Do you realize we'd be talking about another choke job by Brady, with BB blamed yet again, if not for Hightower's tackle, and Browner/Butler at the goal line? Do you realize that?

Can't he throw 35 times, control the game a bit, and have just 1 or 0 INTs?

Is this a lot to ask at this point? It's what he used to do winning 3 SBs in 4 years.

And then he got jealous of Manning's attention from the media and stats. Whoops! I said it, didn't I?
What are you talking about, dude?

OT: @Ian - Where would one go to get a virtual tetanus shot? Just curious.

Click on his name and choose ignore.

Don't engage a Rusty. A Rusty's anti Brady agenda is well documented on another forum.

Sure, sure.

For the last 10 years, Brady's postseasons are as strong as the ones he had with Weis from 2001-2004.

You must be new to football.

Looks that way.

Only because its warranted on the nonsensical drivel you are slinging.

So, others can bash Brady here, but if I make complete sense over a decade's worth of data to back up my premise, somehow I am angry and a bitter soul? That makes no sense. The facts are the facts. Brady, like all QBs, are better with a run game.

Is this a board to talk Pats or no?

There are things that Brady rightfully deserves bashing over. Being ****ty in championship games is not one of them. Think about it....Tom Brady has played in 6 SBs and 10 conference championship games. You say he sucks at them. It's silly.

If you want people to respect your opinion and arguments you need to have some perspective.

So, basically, Brady has been great in 3 Sbs with a true lead back (Smith/Dillon) and good/great in another (SB 49), with no lead back.

3>1.

And if Maroney did 22/122 vs SD In the 2007 title game and Brady had a sprained ankle in that game, why did Brady throw 50+ times with a 7-3 lead or trailing in a 10-7 game in SB 42?

Everywhere you turn to defend the preposterous silliness of repeating the same failed formula, there is no way out of it.

In SB 36 Smith was an ave back who did ok and Brady won it after the D gassed out.

In 38 Smith was an ave back and did ok and Brady won it after the D collapsed.

In 39 Dillion did ok, Brady was surgical and the D did enough to win it.

In SB Blount - who is an average back did nothing and Brady put up 10 points in the 4th qtr vs the #1 defense in the NFL.

In 42 the Giants overwhelmed the line. LoMo (another average back) had nowhere to go even on 2nd and short. Watch the game.

If you give the ball to average runners they will do average things over time. We aren't talking about a 1992 Dallas Cowboys or Alex Gibbs coached line here.

So, Adrian Foster 4 years ago likely would have forced Brady under Center more and won us SB 46, but a post Achilles Adrian Foster at age 30, doesn't make much sense.

My concern in January still stands. That concern is Brady and the Shotgun Spread Addiction vs a good/great D.

No one was complaining in 2014. Worked vs the #1 D in the NFL.

I know our D and STs will be there, but I am sorry, I wonder about Brady.

You act like I come with no facts and no reality of this serious problem, that may not be fixed, and only gets fixed when Brady respects a lead back he can hand off to.

This team has problems but Brady is not one of them. The line and maybe the pass rush are.

Maroney, BJGE, Ridley, Bolden, Blount, etc, etc,...None of them were/are star players, and none of them was used as a true lead back against a good/great D.

Antowain Smith waasn't a star player, but Weis MADE SURE he was used for Brady.

That all changed when McDaniels came in here and it certainly changed in 2007.

A true lead back that is used in the postseason, has been an after-thought.

So JMD is the problem as well?

What about Deflategate? Do you want to go back to that and state to the board that you think Tom cheated and say Tom throws it 50 times because he is an arrogant prick? I know thats what you think....just say it.

This team has won SB's with lead backs and RB by committee. So have other past SB champions. There is no single formula.

What I know is that this team has a 10X better chance of winning a SB with a kick-ass pass blocking o-line, TB12 throwing it 50 times to JE, DA, Gronk, Hogan and Lewis than handing it off to a RB 20 times a game. Mixing in the run and a little play action certainly helps but it's not critical to this team's fortunes.

IMO it all comes down to the defense. If the defense is stout, they win. If the D sucks, then Tom needs to try and make a ton of plays and great defenses will make him pay.

Last edited:

There are things that Brady rightfully deserves bashing over. Being ****ty in championship games is not one of them. Think about it....Tom Brady has played in 6 SBs and 10 conference championship games. You say he sucks at them. It's silly.

If you want people to respect your opinion and arguments you need to have some perspective.

In SB 36 Smith was an ave back who did ok and Brady won it after the D gassed out.

In SB Blount - who is an average back did nothing and Brady put up 10 points in the 4th qtr vs the #1 defense in the NFL.

In 42 the Giants overwhelmed the line. LoMo (another average back) had nowhere to go even on 2nd and short. Watch the game.

If you give the ball to average runners they will do average things over time. We aren't talking about a 1992 Dallas Cowboys or Alex Gibbs coached line here.

This team has problems but Brady is not one of them. The line and maybe the pass rush are.

This team has won SB's with lead backs and RB by committee. So have other past SB champions. There is no single formula.

What I know is that this team has a 10X better chance of winning a SB with a kick-ass pass blocking o-line, TB12 throwing it 50 times to JE, DA, Gronk, Hogan and Lewis than handing it off to a RB 20 times a game. Mixing in the run and a little play action certainly helps but it's not critical to this team's fortunes.

IMO it all comes down to the defense. If the defense is stout, they win. If the D sucks, then Tom needs to try and make a ton of plays and great defenses will make him pay.

False.

Weis never subbed out Smith or Dillon at the rates McDaniels subbed out our defacto lead backs from 2007-Present (w/OBrien doing the same damn thing).

The only time Weis would sub was this:

1. Wrinkle on a different drive, using a scatback or more shotgun spread.
2. To give the lead back a breather on a drive.
3. Out of desperation to get something going.

MacDaniels is swapping out guys in between downs, left and right, over and over!

Now, if their base offense with Brady mostly under Center did not work and they had to adjust a bit at halftime, yep, in came Faulk and maybe a LArry Centers or whoever, maybe a Patrick Pass, and voila, they're running more shotgun and using a wrinkle.

BUt, Weis never did the psychotic stuff McDaniels does. McDaniels and Brady over-think this stuff and it gets them into trouble.

Now, with McDaniels, the base offense is the finesse shotgun spread, with constant over-manipulation of offensive personnel, never before seen in the history of the league. Bad/mediocre Ds? Sure, it works on them, but not the better ones. Gotta roll up the sleeves and get down and dirty in the title games and SBs, because that's where the good/great Ds are.

Disagree on absolving Brady from sucking in key spots. If he is the GOAT, why is it ok for him to suck, toss INTs, miss wide open guys, lose field position with constant 3 and outs, miss in the red zone leaving at least 3 points on the board, etc, etc?

It's an offensive era!

Why would you make it more of an onus on the D than the O in an offensive era?! That makes no sense whatsoever.

BB started building these teams for offense when Polian/Goodell changed the rules in 2006. Wise move, as it ups your odds you can win, especially when you have the GOAT, right?

But, if the GOAT sucks, at times or is mediocre overall, doesn't Brady hold any accountability in your eyes?

Is Brady on the team or not? Does he play the most important position in the sports world or not?

Wow, just so many things I could say. But I'll simply say I been around since 1994, so . . .

Well, when did you start watching football?

I mean, if you can't see the league changed in 2006 with Goodell's new rules to drive fantasy football interest, ratings, revenue, etc, and Brady's desires in style changed offensively, with it his responsibility, I can't help you.

This is Brady's ship he steers. Not anyone else's.

So JMD is the problem as well?

What about Deflategate? Do you want to go back to that and state to the board that you think Tom cheated and say Tom throws it 50 times because he is an arrogant prick? I know thats what you think....just say it.

No, I don;t think the word is arroagnt or prick. Of course not. I think he's ultra competitive with an ego (anyone that successful has one, so calm down), but he needs to learn to rein it in.

Yes.

Example:

Gomer Manning has 2 rings because he checked his ego at the door and handed it off the entire game.

I wish Brady did MORE of that, in particular in games he threw 2 INTs in, whether it be in the title game or the SB.

And, this doesn't apply to 2009, 2013, or even last year, for obvious reasons. I am talking about when the team was relatively healthy or loaded on offense, even without Gronk.

We can't just have it be about Moss/Welker or Gronk/Edelman. He's had more than just those guys, but he's been spoiled by them, that Ds set traps on him and he's taken the bait.

This isn't personal.

I just hope we don;t see the continued pattern moving forward. Pats played INdy in the 2014 title game, so we all knew what was going to happen there.

As Brady ages, he's going to need to learn to lean more on the run game.

PS Yes I do think McDaniels being similar in age to Brady and thinking it's all abotu a shotgun spread, almost exclusively over and over, is a problem. Yes. I think his obsesesion for the ultimate match up by subbing constantly is a problem, yes.

I also think O'Brien's blow up at Brady in DC vs the Skins was legit and well deserved back in 2011, and is somewhat telling. O'Brien is a bit older than Brady, so I think the Weis father figure aspect kept Brady more in line from freelancing yes. We've never seen McDaniels do the tough love thing with Brady before. They're more like buddies. But, we've seen BB go over there when there's a crap offense that's stalled and make a suggestion. Yes.

I mean, there was a time where Brady would go shotgun spread from 1 in 2011. Happened in Pitt a few times that year and we barely beat the Skins when he threw that duck for INT to Underwood and then tried to blame Underwood because he was late with it.

Just saying.

Last edited:
Well, when did you start watching football?

I mean, if you can't see the league changed in 2006 with Goodell's new rules to drive fantasy football interest, ratings, revenue, etc, and Brady's desires in style changed offensively, with it his responsibility, I can't help you.

This is Brady's ship he steers. Not anyone else's.
LOL. Okay. Have a good one.

LOL. Okay. Have a good one.

Why is that funny? Did Goodell come in to grow the league and promote offense in 2006 or not?

I want Brady to be as consistent in the postseason as he is in the regular season.

I am a diehard Pats fan.

False.

Weis never subbed out Smith or Dillon at the rates McDaniels subbed out our defacto lead backs from 2007-Present (w/OBrien doing the same damn thing).

Now, if their base offense with Brady mostly under Center did not work and they had to adjust a bit at halftime, yep, in came Faulk and maybe a LArry Centers or whoever, maybe a Patrick Pass, and voila, they're running more shotgun and using a wrinkle.

Now, with McDaniels, the base offense is the finesse shotgun spread, with constant over-manipulation of offensive personnel, never before seen in the history of the league. Bad/mediocre Ds? Sure, it works on them, but not the better ones. Gotta roll up the sleeves and get down and dirty in the title games and SBs, because that's where the good/great Ds are.

The reason why is because Smith and Dillon were good.

Again, you are theorizing that there is a problem when there isn't one. 6 SB and 10 conference title game appearances is the greatest stretch of dominance the NFL has seen. You are nit-picking over running the football a few more times a game when A) there is no proof that it would have changed the outcome of the game and B) you have at QB the greatest who has ever played the position and you want to take the ball out of his hands. That makes zero sense. I'd like Tom to have a RB he can hand the ball off to when the passing game isn't going and catch some balls on 3rd down but that is not the reason they are losing AFCCG and SBs.

Disagree on absolving Brady from sucking in key spots. If he is the GOAT, why is it ok for him to suck, toss INTs, miss wide open guys, lose field position with constant 3 and outs, miss in the red zone leaving at least 3 points on the board, etc, etc?
What team are you watching? You do know that before injuries hit they were averaging 35 ppg?

Brady sucks in key spots.....? Over their career who hasn't? What other QB would you rather have?

It's an offensive era!

Why would you make it more of an onus on the D than the O in an offensive era?! That makes no sense whatsoever.

BB started building these teams for offense when Polian/Goodell changed the rules in 2006. Wise move, as it ups your odds you can win, especially when you have the GOAT, right?

But, if the GOAT sucks, at times or is mediocre overall, doesn't Brady hold any accountability in your eyes?

Is Brady on the team or not? Does he play the most important position in the sports world or not?

Defense is always important. Look at Denver last year. Look at NE in 2014, and SEA in 2013, Look at BAL in 2012....Why you don't think that is critical to a championship is beyond me.

The reason why is because Smith and Dillon were good.

Again, you are theorizing that there is a problem when there isn't one. 6 SB and 10 conference title game appearances is the greatest stretch of dominance the NFL has seen. You are nit-picking over running the football a few more times a game when A) there is no proof that it would have changed the outcome of the game and B) you have at QB the greatest who has ever played the position and you want to take the ball out of his hands. That makes zero sense. I'd like Tom to have a RB he can hand the ball off to when the passing game isn't going and catch some balls on 3rd down but that is not the reason they are losing AFCCG and SBs.

What team are you watching? You do know that before injuries hit they were averaging 35 ppg?

Brady sucks in key spots.....? Who hasn't? What other QB would you rather have?

Defense is always important. Look at Denver last year. Look at NE in 2014, and SEA in 2013, Look at BAL in 2012....Why you don't think that is critical to a championship is beyond me.

It is.

I didn't say it wasn't critical.

Do you realize our SB 46 D held the Giants to 13 points until the final drive when they were gassed as all defenses are in domes at the end?

I would only want Brady, but he is part of the team and needs to be better in title games and SBs if he's going to win another.

He's not above the team. I think a legit, solid 3 down back, maybe a second Donald Brown type who can run inside and out, catch and block, without being subbed relentlessly on and off, can HELP Brady.

Why doesn't Brady tell Josh to stop subbing? They clearly don't think it's a problem. I do. I can call out the plays from my coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back