PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB's contract status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dale and Holley didn't mention Kraft's evasiveness again so I guess they didn't think it was an issue and they had the advantage of seeing him as he answered. Perhaps he was smiling broadly as he gave his non answer.

I didn't expect to hear contract details but I did expect a more reassuring response that what we got.

Hoodie said:
Kraft is on 'EEI and they just asked him about BB's contract status. Kraft is answering it in THE MOST OBTUSE manner. Talking about stability, and partity in the NFL rather than answering the question. He says he HOPES BB will be around a few more years and he'd be a bad businessman if he didn't try to make that happen. Dale intertupted so he didn't get back to it.

The answer made me uncomfortable.
You have unrealistic expectations, given the history in this regard.

For example, the last time he got a deal, no one knew about it for months. So when you say, "rather than answering the question," you set it up so that anything less than "we're working on a deal right now" will be viewed by you as cause for concern. I think that approach is hypersensitive and fatalistic. As history shows us, you're not going to get "we're working on a deal right now." EVER. When they feel like telling you, they will. Either way.

I don't find his answer troubling at all. He actually tells you everything you need to know as a fan. He recognizes the man's value and understands the importance of securing his services to the future of the team. That's all you have a right to expect, really.

Last edited:
If BB was done after this year:

A. He probably would of given Willie, Adam, and Givens contracts to stay, to make one last splash.
B. Probably wouldnt go into his last year as a Patriot coach with 16 mill in cap space still available
C. Nothig he has done this offseason tells me he is not watching the future of the franchise.

BB will be the Patriots coach for as long as he wants. He seems happy with the situation. Kraft has given him everything that he wants in an organization.

I don't see him leaving for many more years. He's doing what he was born to do. And he's doing it in a place that he likes and it set up the way he wants it. Very few coaches can say that.

Jesus, you guys: http://www.dictionary.com

ob·scure Audio pronunciation of "obscure" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (b-skyr, b-)
adj. ob·scur·er, ob·scur·est

1. Deficient in light; dark.
1. So faintly perceptible as to lack clear delineation; indistinct. See Synonyms at dark.
2. Indistinctly heard; faint.
3. Linguistics. Having the reduced, neutral sound represented by schwa ().
1. Far from centers of human population: an obscure village.
2. Out of sight; hidden: an obscure retreat.
4. Not readily noticed or seen; inconspicuous: an obscure flaw.
5. Of undistinguished or humble station or reputation: an obscure poet; an obscure family.
6. Not clearly understood or expressed; ambiguous or vague: “an impulse to go off and fight certain obscure battles of his own spirit†(Anatole Broyard). See Synonyms at ambiguous.
ob·tuse Audio pronunciation of "obtuse" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (b-ts, -tys, b-)
adj. ob·tus·er, ob·tus·est

1. Lacking quickness of perception or intellect.
2. Characterized by a lack of intelligence or sensitivity: an obtuse remark.
3. Not distinctly felt: an obtuse pain.
1. Not sharp, pointed, or acute in form; blunt.
2. Having an obtuse angle: an obtuse triangle.
3. Botany. Having a blunt or rounded tip: an obtuse leaf.

Now we're all on the same page, speaking the same language: ENGLISH!!!!!

Pats67 said:
You have unrealistic expectations, given the history in this regard.

For example, the last time he got a deal, no one knew about it for months. So when you say, "rather than answering the question," you set it up so that anything less than "we're working on a deal right now" will be viewed by you as cause for concern. I think that approach is hypersensitive and fatalistic. As history shows us, you're not going to get "we're working on a deal right now." EVER. When they feel like telling you, they will. Either way.

I don't find his answer troubling at all. He actually tells you everything you need to know as a fan. He recognizes the man's value and understands the importance of securing his services to the future of the team. That's all you have a right to expect, really.

Thanks so much for your expert analysis of my mental state.

Brownfan80 said:

I hope you recognized that yesterday there were at least five thread with typos in the titles.

Hoodie said:
I hope you recognized that yesterday there were at least five thread with typos in the titles.

In that case, maybe the link to www.dictionary.com needs it's OWN thread. Cripes! haha.

Hoodie said:
Thanks so much for your expert analysis of my mental state.
Don't mention it. I've seen the same attitude for at least 40 years.

So, was there anything specific about my 'analysis' that you objected to? Was I being unfair when I said you needlessly jumped to a conclusion where none was to be made?

I would love to see a Bill Cowher like stay for Belichick on the patriots. besides didnt he basically grow up and now live in this area? He's not going anywhere.

Maybe I'm being obtuse, but I think posts like this obscure the main topic

Brownfan80 said:

ob·scure Audio pronunciation of "obscure" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (b-skyr, b-)
adj. ob·scur·er, ob·scur·est

1. Deficient in light; dark.
1. So faintly perceptible as to lack clear delineation; indistinct. See Synonyms at dark.
2. Indistinctly heard; faint.
3. Linguistics. Having the reduced, neutral sound represented by schwa ().
1. Far from centers of human population: an obscure village.
2. Out of sight; hidden: an obscure retreat.
4. Not readily noticed or seen; inconspicuous: an obscure flaw.
5. Of undistinguished or humble station or reputation: an obscure poet; an obscure family.
6. Not clearly understood or expressed; ambiguous or vague: “an impulse to go off and fight certain obscure battles of his own spirit†(Anatole Broyard). See Synonyms at ambiguous.

ob·tuse Audio pronunciation of "obtuse" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (b-ts, -tys, b-)
adj. ob·tus·er, ob·tus·est

1. Lacking quickness of perception or intellect.
2. Characterized by a lack of intelligence or sensitivity: an obtuse remark.
3. Not distinctly felt: an obtuse pain.
1. Not sharp, pointed, or acute in form; blunt.
2. Having an obtuse angle: an obtuse triangle.
3. Botany. Having a blunt or rounded tip: an obtuse leaf.

Last edited by a moderator:
SeanBruschi54 said:
I would love to see a Bill Cowher like stay for Belichick on the patriots. besides didnt he basically grow up and now live in this area? He's not going anywhere.

He grew up in Annapolis, MD, but went to school in both MA and CT (Phillips-Exeter and Wesleyan).

I had my obtuse surgically removed years ago. You can live without one.

spacecrime said:
Maybe I'm being obtuse, but I think posts like this obscure the main topic

lol, this thread is giving me a headache, and that's anything BUT obscure.

PATSNUTme said:

lol
ten characters

PATSNUTme said:
But the marital life is never the same. :eek:

T-ShirtDynasty said:
But the marital life is never the same. :eek:

The cannon still fires but it's firing blanks.

Brownfan80 said:
Speak friggin' ENGLISH!
There is some irony in this sentence, is there not? It's somewhat like "THIMK".

Hoodie said:
What he said today made me throw up my ice coffee!

Dunkin Donuts iced coffee is so good it will stay down even in situations like this.

Don't worry. I believe Kraft pays Belichick about 11 million per year and will go higher if it's ever needed.

oldrover said:
He grew up in Annapolis, MD, but went to school in both MA and CT (Phillips-Exeter and Wesleyan).

Actually it was Andover, not Exeter.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case