PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB THE GOAT

Awkward Move On GIF by Bridge and Tunnel on EPIX

That whole game felt surreal. When it was over, I remember just feeling completely numb and sitting there for the next how ever many hours staring at the screen and trying to distract myself by working to keep the server running until - I want to say it was almost 2:30am or something like that - before things finally died down.

That one will forever remain painful and it's annoying because NFL Network feels the need to replay that at least once or twice a month, it feels like. :rolleyes:
When it ended, I took off my Brady jersey and threw it on the floor in a non-violent, frustrated way.

Cleaned up, let the dog out, started the dishwasher and went to bed. My yongest had a poopy diaper so I missed the trophy presentation.

My dad is a Giants fan (not a NEP hater) and he and I stopped talking via phone after the 3rd quarter.

He didn't call me after the game and I didn't call him. He knew to leave me alone and didn't want to appear to be rubbing it in or gloat. Hes not that type anyway. I talked to him the following day and he said he was sorry. Even a Giant fan was sorry...lol.

I have no doubt I went through the 5 stages of grief with depression being the longest.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
When it ended, I took off my Brady jersey and threw it on the floor in a non-violent, frustrated way.

Cleaned up, let the dog out, started the dishwasher and went to bed. My yongest had a poopy diaper so I missed the trophy presentation.

My dad is a Giants fan (not a NEP hater) and he and I stopped talking via phone after the 3rd quarter.

He didn't call me after the game and I didn't call him. He knew to leave me alone and didn't want to appear to be rubbing it in or gloat. Hes not that type anyway. I talked to him the following day and he said he was sorry. Even a Giant fan was sorry...lol.

I have no doubt I went through the 5 stages of grief with depression being the longest.
He was Dad first and fan second. That's a cool story.

• Agree
The kinda looked like this w/o the heart and Kit-Kat on it. The were as big as a fist. My 13 year old did a good job.

Chocolate-Raspberry-Filled-Cupcakes-7-1.jpeg

• Winner
I've been known to slide out of the chair when things get tense. It's not unusual for me. I did sit in my wife's chair for the Seattle SB. I was pretty much in a fetal position the whole time. While that might be the best "game", it was the most tense. I won't sit there again on game days.
With that stress I pace. I need to do things. I'll putt. Swing a golf club. Do dishes. I can't sit.

SB42 I was emotionally paralyzed. Anxiety overload.

• Agree
He was Dad first and fan second. That's a cool story.
Yea he was the same after SB 46. Didn't really say much except Welker absolutely should have made that catch. Hes right. d%#*!@t.

• Winner
With that stress I pace. I need to do things. I'll putt. Swing a golf club. Do dishes. I can't sit.

SB42 I was emotionally paralyzed. Anxiety overload.
I was so loose and ****y until half time. The last drive... never mind I am not doing it.

unfollow GIF

That and the Jets divisional round loss...:yuck:

Missing the playoffs isn't so bad compared to those two experiences.

• Agree
I was so loose and ****y until half time. The last drive... never mind I am not doing it.

unfollow GIF
I think we can close this thread now, @Ian . The anti-BB crowd have been eradicated and the pro-BB crowd have drifted to the Dark Side of misery.

One of my teenagers kept saying they could still come back so not to stomp on her dreams I just stuffed my mouth w/ cupcakes and stayed quiet...hoping.
When Butler made the goal line pick against Seattle, we had a new puppy and he had been laying near my sons feet. When he jumped up and down about 20 times everyone was afraid he would stomp the puppy (except me because I was jumping right along with him)

That and the Jets divisional round loss...:yuck:

Missing the playoffs isn't so bad compared to those two experiences.
Jesus that was brutal.

I need to log off. I was in a good mood before this thread took a turn.

My son was 9 and it was the first year he was really into it. Neither of us even considered a loss possible. He was sure they were scoring on that last desperation drive. When it ended he literally started crying. Really losing it.
So I had to console him, tell him it’s only a game, they had a great season and all that crap I didn’t really believe.
But doing that for him actually helped me get over it.

• Winner
I think we can close this thread now, @Ian . The anti-BB crowd have been eradicated and the pro-BB crowd have drifted to the Dark Side of misery.
I gave you a RLKAG... I dunno what would warrant one, but... well... there it is.
Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

My son was 9 and it was the first year he was really into it. Neither of us even considered a loss possible. He was sure they were scoring on that last desperation drive. When it ended he literally started crying. Really losing it.
So I had to console him, tell him it’s only a game, they had a great season and all that crap I didn’t really believe.
But doing that for him actually helped me get over it.
Ugh. Thats tough.

Mine were too young for 07.

They were all confused during and after the 2017 one and rhetorically asked 1000 times during the game why Malcolm didn't play. Where is Cooks? Can't he come back? What happened to Chung?

Jesus that game was sheer hell on multiple levels. Torture chamber for 3 hours.

Ugh. Thats tough.

Mine were too young for 07.

They were all confused during and after the 2017 one and rhetorically asked 1000 times during the game why Malcolm didn't play. Where is Cooks? Can't he come back? What happened to Chung?

Jesus that game was sheer hell on multiple levels. Torture chamber for 3 hours.
On a lighter note when my son was little every time players had the same last name he asked if they were brothers.

we'll have to wait for the books to be written (and hope that they're honest) but my own speculation, completely uninformed by any "facts," is that BB was never sold on Bledsoe as a Montana or Starr or Unitas kind of QB...but I do think BB even said once that Brady outperformed Bledsoe in training camp in 2001 but i guess he didn't have the standing (yet) to dis the bucks his new bosses had given Drew.
Yes sir! And before that.. I'm eager to see when brady will be inducted into the patriots hall of fame? We all know he's going in the NFL, but I wonder when he will be inducted into the organizations HOF? Is there a time period?

Yes sir! And before that.. I'm eager to see when brady will be inducted into the patriots hall of fame? We all know he's going in the NFL, but I wonder when he will be inducted into the organizations HOF? Is there a time period?
I believe the "bylaws" are 5 years after retirement but for Tom it'll be whenever Bob decides. He's extenuating circumstances.

My gut tells me they'll be a Tom Brady Night at Gillette and do it then.

If it comes anywhere close to Larry Bird Night it'll be appropriate.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back