PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB THE GOAT

Patsgofor4

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score

1677344283780.gif

Suck it, all you haters.

1677344383115.gif

(and now we wait for the haters here to turn this thead into a sh*t show of negativity and stats lacking context while the rest of us nod our heads in agreement with the poll and give thanks that he is still the Pats head coach)

Last edited:
This will be a good thread. Looking forward to the responses.

@Dingleberry whats the over/under on how many times people will say "but his record without..." Is stated/asked?

--------
When RKK hired him, i was not a fan of the move. I was wrong.

Still happy to call him our Coach. He can stay as long as he wants afaiac

Last edited:
My favorite debate!

Belichick with Brady

18 Seasons
17 Division Titles
30 Postseason Wins
9 Conference Championships
6 Super Bowl Championships

Belichick without Brady

10 Seasons
0 Division Titles
1 Postseason Win
0 Conference Championships
0 Super Bowl Championships

Maybe @MAC10 was right about Mahomes. Here are some highlights of Mahomes magic just for him.

My favorite debate!

Belichick with Brady

18 Seasons
17 Division Titles
30 Postseason Wins
9 Conference Championships
6 Super Bowl Championships

Belichick without Brady

10 Seasons
0 Division Titles
1 Postseason Win
0 Conference Championships
0 Super Bowl Championships

I don't understand what the "debate" is that you're referring to. Is the question: Did Bill Belichick have more success with Tom Brady as his QB? If so, is that really a "debate"?

I don't understand what the "debate" is that you're referring to. Is the question: Did Bill Belichick have more success with Tom Brady as his QB? If so, is that really a "debate"?
That's not a debate at all. Neither is this but it happens nonetheless: Who is more important to the New England Patriots Dynasty 2001-2018... Brady or Belichick?

I mean we all knew that already.

His HC ability has never been questioned, it's his GM ability that gets rightly questioned at times

I always love threads where the first few responses are all to summon other people to come argue. Definitely the type of experience we're seeking here, especially when discussing a topic like this which has absolutely never been covered before even once.

I always love threads where the first few responses are all to summon other people to come argue. Definitely the type of experience we're seeking here, especially when discussing a topic like this which has absolutely never been covered before even once.

The anti-Bill crowd was going to come regardless

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Gibbs is interesting. Most people know he innovated the game and he also won SBs with 3 different QBs but what doesn’t get a lot of talk is his return to the league in the 2000’s.

Looked like the game had passed him by until his final season in 07 where he coached the Redskins to a 9-7 record and a WC berth winning their last 4 games against a brutal schedule and without their starting QB. Even easily handled the Giants in that stretch. Go figure :mad:. I’d love to see Bill end his time here with a run like that and beyond.

He has to be of the all time greats too.

Gibbs is interesting. Most people know he innovated the game and he also won SBs with 3 different QBs but what doesn’t get a lot of talk is his return to the league in the 2000’s.

Looked like the game had passed him by until his final season in 07 where he coached the Redskins to a 9-7 record and a WC berth winning their last 4 games against a brutal schedule and without their starting QB. Even easily handled the Giants in that stretch. Go figure :mad:. I’d love to see Bill end his time here with a run like that and beyond.

He has to be of the all time greats too.
Gibbs is one of the greatest coaches of all-time.

No question.

Top 4 NFL Head Coaches of the Super Bowl Era (not necessarily in order)

Bill Belichick

The resumé is undeniable. Namely 9 Conference Championships and 6 Super Bowl rings... both are the most ever. His knowledge of the game and his awareness from the sideline are impressive. His two greatest achievements as a head coach are SB 36 and SB 53. The obvious knock on Belichick is his lack of success as a head coach without Brady. The SB 52 debacle is his low point. Belichick will likely catch Shula for all-time combined wins but I he may not catch Shula in regular season wins. But he will surpass Dan Reeves in regular season losses.

Joe Gibbs

Gibbs has the greatest accomplishment of any head coach in the history of the NFL: 3 Super Bowl championships with 3 different starting quarterbacks (none hall of famers and two were pretty much garbage). He has a slightly better postseason winning percentage than Belichick. And he has the highest postseason winning percentage of all head coaches with 15 or more games.

Don Shula

His resumé is also undeniable. All-time leader in wins, both regular season and combined. He's 4th all-time in losses but he has at least 78 more wins than the 3 head coaches with more losses. Of course he's got the only undefeated season in the history of the league. And the back-to-back Super Bowl championships. My big knock on Shula is he never won a Super Bowl with Dan Marino who was an absolute phenom of his era.

Bill Parcells

Parcells is a polarizing figure but there isn't a head coach that I admire more than Parcells. He turned four different franchises into winners and postseason contenders, which is a phenomenal achievement. He won 2 Super Bowls with 2 different quarterbacks. Regarding his time in New England, he rejuvenated fan interest and took over a team that had pathetically struggled under Rod Rust and **** MacPherson. He made the team relevant again and brought them to a Super Bowl but couldn't overcome an incompetent quarterback performance.

Honorable Mentions: Chuck Noll, Bill Walsh and Tom Landry

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back