PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB seems to really like Beisel

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Getting good feeling that Beisel will do really well at ILB this season allowing
Vrabel to move back outside
----------------------------------------------------
KFFL reports
Patriots | Beisel starting at linebacker during minicamp
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:07:25 -0700

Andy Hart, of Patriots Football Weekly, reports New England Patriots LB Monty Beisel has been working with the first team linebackers on defense during minicamp, head coach Bill Belichick said of Beisel, "He's a smart kid. He works
hard. He's in good condition. I think he has a lot of positives, a lot of good traits and a lot of things going for him."

JR4 said:
BB seems to really like Beisel

I'm glad someone does ... but if BB is going to give him a fresh start I will too.

Is this all part of the BB psychology of getting players to perform better?? He seems to believe this guy can contribute, and now that he has a year under his belt in this system he may surprise us.

The best hope for Monty is that watching some tape from last year of him jumping out of the way of contact embarassed him enough that he's approaching the season prepared to sacrifice a lot more. I'm sure the coaches shredded him and teammates laughed at him last year in film study.

this could be the usual BB misdirection. he keeps saying one thing and the next thing we know the player is gone and the media is scrambling to get info about what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's the guy who will either step up and play solidly with the 3..or have another take his place..either outside or inside...I also think there was more of a problem when he was suppose to be with TJ inside..and how that all changed a day before camp. He was NOT brought in to replace TJ..but TB..a big difference. A year under his belt will help, but he really needs to step it up!!

In the offseason he has added 8 pure pounds of muscle which is no small feat. So hopefully the extra strength will let him shed blockers a bit more.

He has the ability to be really good this year.

those "pardon me" dance steps are still there on TiVo

dryheat44 said:
The best hope for Monty is that watching some tape from last year of him jumping out of the way of contact embarassed him enough that he's approaching the season prepared to sacrifice a lot more. I'm sure the coaches shredded him and teammates laughed at him last year in film study.
dry heat, that reminds of that little problem with beisel.
you saw those tango steps out there and i'm sure i did too.
please show me the way, great spirit. i'm actually suggesting this of an nfl football player, who has been "on the varsity" since he was 12 years old. this is sooooo disrespectful of beisel, and of the nfl, and of BB. t'm expecting lightning to crash down on me any moment.
but what is that on TiVo? somebody please please tell me.

ilduce06410 said:
dry heat, that reminds of that little problem with beisel.
you saw those tango steps out there and i'm sure i did too.
please show me the way, great spirit. i'm actually suggesting this of an nfl football player, who has been "on the varsity" since he was 12 years old. this is sooooo disrespectful of beisel, and of the nfl, and of BB. t'm expecting lightning to crash down on me any moment.
but what is that on TiVo? somebody please please tell me.

The proof is undeniable. It's there on tape. The counter-argument, of course, is "Do you think BB would have had Monty out there if he was afraid of contact?" And I would have to answer "No, he wouldn't."

Except I saw it repeatedly with my eyes. Either he was avoiding contact, or he has the worst instincts ever seen in a linebacker.

I really don't know what to make of it.

dryheat44 said:

That might be an unfair statement about Beisel since you can't read minds
and the guy doesn't always jump "out of the way of contact". I really really
doubt he jumped "out of the way of contact" on purpose. To me that is an
assertion that just doesn't make sense.

Perhaps he saw something you didn't see and was moving accordingly,
perhaps he was out of position according to how the play was designed
and was attmepting to get in position and there are probably other reasons
that could account for what you saw. As far as the film study pehaps
Beisel explained what he saw and why he did what he did and there was
no laughing just correction.

Last edited:
JR4 said:
That might be an unfair statement about Beisel since you can't read minds
and the guy doesn't always jump "out of the way of contact". I really really
doubt he jumped "out of the way of contact" on purpose. To me that is an
assertion that just doesn't make sense.

I realize it doesn't make sense. That's why it's messed up. There were several times a ballcarrier was coming right at him, and he moved away from him like a bullfighter and let someone else make the tackle. Like he was afraid of getting hurt.

I wish someone more tech-savvy than I could post some video on this.

dryheat44 said:
I realize it doesn't make sense. That's why it's messed up. There were several times a ballcarrier was coming right at him, and he moved away from him like a bullfighter and let someone else make the tackle. Like he was afraid of getting hurt.

I wish someone more tech-savvy than I could post some video on this.

Can you zero in on some games and plays that you are refering to like ...
Denver game 3rd quarter 4th defensive play or something like that?

JR4 said:
Can you zero in on some games and plays that you are refering to like ...
Denver game 3rd quarter 4th defensive play or something like that?

No. Il Duce has at least one game on TiVo apparently, maybe he can provide some clarifying data.

I'm with you guys on this one. He looked almost as bad as Chad Brown.

CrazyDave said:
I'm with you guys on this one. He looked almost as bad as Chad Brown.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to signing Brown to a 1 year vet minimum deal to backup OLB in case TBC or Alexander can't cut it. I think he looked decent after we switched he and Vrabel.

I've posted this before and it is not intended to be an excuse. It was reported after the season that he was playing with two badly mangled fingers on on hand.

It really difficult to play ILB with one hand and that was what he ws trying to do. Sure he looked lost out there at times playing a new position. My take is that he was trying to think too much and not react as he should.

We will see this year if BB has it right with him. But, I would never challenge the guys guts becasue he wouldn't be on the team if he was playing scared.

BTW, have you seen Monte's wife?

dryheat44 said:
I actually wouldn't be opposed to signing Brown to a 1 year vet minimum deal to backup OLB in case TBC or Alexander can't cut it. I think he looked decent after we switched he and Vrabel.
Oh man, say it ain't so!

I didn't see much of Beisel last year since I averted my eyes in dread when the ball came his way.

Seriously though, he was in the hospital for a week before the Denver game with a serious staff infection in his hurt hand. The type of infection that now kills college football players and other athletes. It was a very serious situation, but he still went and played on Sunday.

So I will give him another chance, and avert my eyes in dread when the ball comes his way!

Be careful how you title a thread. Thought for a moment it was a man-boy kinda thing.

Last edited:
PatsWickedPissah said:
Be careful how you title a thread. Thought for a moment it was a man-boy kinda thing.

Most of us wouldn't even think of it that way. :) but there are a few ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News